The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Recent news of this and the DAF are giving me a tingly feeling :) Can't wait to drive two of the best looking trucks on the road today!
I think the Merc looks very ugly, perhaps I'm the only person that thinks that though :lol:

@Dean Now that MyVTC lets you type in cities instead of select them, could we use trips from profiles with map mods?

@Dean Now that MyVTC lets you type in cities instead of select them, could we use trips from profiles with map mods?
Surely, no problems. For a period, I hope you're all alright with it, I'll activate the proof-image function. I find it will come in quite handy with all the new cities being added, especially since I've only got ProMods added. All you really need to do is to take a screenshot of the ending screen like this:
536100687.jpg

- And include that with the submission. 👍 Also, if anyone wish to help me valuate submitted jobs, please let me know. :dopey:

Surely, no problems. For a period, I hope you're all alright with it, I'll activate the proof-image function. I find it will come in quite handy with all the new cities being added, especially since I've only got ProMods added. All you really need to do is to take a screenshot of the ending screen like this:
536100687.jpg

- And include that with the submission. 👍 Also, if anyone wish to help me valuate submitted jobs, please let me know. :dopey:
I don't mind helping out a little when I can :D

536100687.jpg

Yes no problem, I do more miles in Russia and Promods territory anyway. How does valuating jobs work?

I don't mind helping out a little when I can :D
A little is always better than nothing. :D
How does valuating jobs work?
It's quite easy, simply checking that the values are correct. If they aren't they can be sent back for correction(s) or declined all together. Declining should only be used with multiple accidental and identical submissions. :D

Edit:
It seems there's some new pages on MyVTC, a GTPT login page and a recruitment page. 👍

Last edited:
It's quite easy, simply checking that the values are correct. If they aren't they can be sent back for correction(s) or declined all together. Declining should only be used with multiple accidental and identical submissions. :D
Okay that does sound simple, I'll be happy to help if needed 👍

Also, most economical driver :D

536100687.jpg

Is it OK if I take a picture of this screen using my phone? Just landed in Italy last night and my boss is too cheap to get us internet in the apartments so, I only have internet on my phone.

Also, I can help out with the valuations.

Maybe I'm strange but, I feel like I go slightly further than just using the myvtc functions. I've been using a list like this.

Start Time:
End Time:
Departure:
Destination:
Driven Km: Km
Cargo Weight: T
Fuel Consumption: L
Maintenance: €
Fuel Added: L at €
Toll: €
Offenses: €
Income: €
Net Income: €

Pic of the day ! North east of Praha , there is a Skoda factory. I'm pretty sure this would be a recent Promods addition because I don't remember seeing it on the map before. So I was driving past and thought I would stop by and check it out. Seems there is some industrial action taking place haha :D
skoda.jpg

@Dean I was under the impression that the VTC was for use in multiplayer only :dunce: I need to sign up for this right now ! So I just apply through the recruitment page ?

Is it OK if I take a picture of this screen using my phone? Just landed in Italy last night and my boss is too cheap to get us internet in the apartments so, I only have internet on my phone.
Definetly, as long as it can show the values needed to verify. 👍
Maybe I'm strange but, I feel like I go slightly further than just using the myvtc functions. I've been using a list like this.
[List]
That's quite alright. I think I'll actually print some pieces of paper out with your list on for my own usage. 👍
@Dean I was under the impression that the VTC was for use in multiplayer only :dunce: I need to sign up for this right now ! So I just apply through the recruitment page ?
In the start it was, I think, as only the "stock map" cities were available on MyVTC, but now, no, as long as no money-mods are used. :D And yes, you can simply sign up through the recruitment page. I'm actually kind of curious as to how it works, to be honest.

2 questions: Does weight submitted have to be in kilograms or tons ? EG: 20000 or 20
Also , depart / arrive time and date. Is this the in game time and day ? I cant find an in game date noted anywhere , only "Saturday" on the GPS and the hours : minutes on it.

I'm enjoying the challenge of driving on the speed limit and avoiding any incidents or damage. Not that I drive recklessly any other time :D

2 questions: Does weight submitted have to be in kilograms or tons ? EG: 20000 or 20
Also , depart / arrive time and date. Is this the in game time and day ? I cant find an in game date noted anywhere , only "Saturday" on the GPS and the hours : minutes on it.

I'm enjoying the challenge of driving on the speed limit and avoiding any incidents or damage. Not that I drive recklessly any other time :D
Weight, I have been using tonnes, I believe most have.
Time / Date, Is in real time :D

Weight, I have been using tonnes, I believe most have.
Time / Date, Is in real time :D
Thanks . I guessed tonnes so all good there.
But I entered game time on that job. Can it be edited or deleted ? Either one , I don't mind :) It would have been around 30 minutes , only a short job.

Cheers

Thanks . I guessed tonnes so all good there.
But I entered game time on that job. Can it be edited or deleted ? Either one , I don't mind :) It would have been around 30 minutes , only a short job.

Cheers
Would have to ask Dean if or how it can be edited, although, I'm not sure it will make much difference :D

Once a job have been accepted it's impossible to edit it (apparently). I can go and delete it if you wish me to, as can the dispatchers, but I don't think it's needed when it's only the time that's wrong. The weight is automatically made into tonnes so no problems there, well unless you enter it in kilograms. :D

I just had a crazy adventure in Russia ! I had a delivery of fuel to Sano in Slauharad. Nothing looked out of the ordinary on the map , some smaller roads near the end of the journey by the looks , probably one of those old , patched up tarmac roads through a couple of villages. Nothing surprising for the Russia map.... I thought. I got way more than I bargained for ! A couple of minutes out of Mstsislaw and the GPS led me to this.
2014-08-31_00001.jpg

The GPS said 54kms to the delivery point. I figured this "track" would be a small part of that total distance. I was wrong.

:confused:

2014-08-31_00005.jpg

I was low on fuel and way overdue for sleep. Nightfall wasn't far away either.

2014-08-31_00004.jpg

The track was getting more rough and I almost got bogged as the wheels hit some soft ground coming up a small rise. How much further could it be ?? The GPS dropped out . It showed 0kms to go. :odd:

I kept going (like I had no choice ! haha) and finally made it to the delivery point , Sano in Slauharad. I unhitched the trailer and parked at a rest point at the front of the yard , which incidentally was an overgrown patch of earth with old truck bodies dumped there. :dopey: Woke up the next morning to rain. Time to get out of this crazy place..... hopefully !

2014-08-31_00012.jpg

Past some derelict old buildings near a lake , more soft patches on the track , almost got bogged again. Was thinking to myself , is this ETS2 or Spintires ?! :boggled:

2014-08-31_00014.jpg

Across an old wooden bridge , then past a log truck that wasn't as lucky as I had been .

2014-08-31_00015.jpg

Shortly after that , the track was relatively smooth gravel again ! I survived :D

I love it when map modders throw in these little surprises :P

The location , for Russian map v1.3.5 users.

2014-08-31_00009.jpg

:gtpflag:

I really need to break out ETS again. Haven't been on for so long.

This Russian mod, I think I remember people saying you need going East? Now I brought the bundle for cheap on steam a little while back for the game and going East, but I'm not sure if it automatically downloaded the DLC. If not how am I to go about downloading it because I don't want to accidentally pay for it again.

I really need to break out ETS again. Haven't been on for so long.

This Russian mod, I think I remember people saying you need going East? Now I brought the bundle for cheap on steam a little while back for the game and going East, but I'm not sure if it automatically downloaded the DLC. If not how am I to go about downloading it because I don't want to accidentally pay for it again.
I think it automatically downloads.

@spinner I drove the dirt road! I had the 8x8 chassis on my Kamaz which was fine without the trailer :D I picked up a 25t load of diggers at the North entrance to the road, then drove South. The Kamaz had plenty of ground clearance and traction, but the trailer got caught a couple of times :scared: I can imagine it was really hard in your Scania. Also, the timing of a level crossing needs to be revised :lol: Here are some pics:

Attachments

• 2014-08-30_00005.jpg
    2014-08-30_00005.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2014-08-30_00004.jpg
    2014-08-30_00004.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2014-08-30_00003.jpg
    2014-08-30_00003.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 2014-08-30_00006.jpg
    2014-08-30_00006.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 2014-08-30_00008.jpg
    2014-08-30_00008.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 16
  • 2014-08-31_00001.jpg
    2014-08-31_00001.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2014-08-30_00007.jpg
    2014-08-30_00007.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 15
I think it automatically downloads.

@spinner I drove the dirt road! I had the 8x8 chassis on my Kamaz which was fine without the trailer :D I picked up a 25t load of diggers at the North entrance to the road, then drove South. The Kamaz had plenty of ground clearance and traction, but the trailer got caught a couple of times :scared: I can imagine it was really hard in your Scania. Also, the timing of a level crossing needs to be revised :lol: Here are some pics:

Now that's the right tool for the job ! Good idea haha.
LMAO at the level crossing !:lol:

I went back there today too , in my newly painted GT Planet Trucking Company Scania. (Rabbit at 2.15 !) :D

:gtpflag:

@spinner Yeah the suspension is well suited to bumpy tracks. Your Scania takes a beating in your video, scraping the bottom and even getting damage. The trailers don't look happy either :lol:

I played this a while back & liked it, even with just using the keyboard. The recent additions & modding I've been seeing lately have put me on the verge of picking it up with the "Going East" DLC. But, can you guys recommend a reliable modding site/community? There's a lot & some of the sites look pretty shady in terms of just being slapped together.

I played this a while back & liked it, even with just using the keyboard. The recent additions & modding I've been seeing lately have put me on the verge of picking it up with the "Going East" DLC. But, can you guys recommend a reliable modding site/community? There's a lot & some of the sites look pretty shady in terms of just being slapped together.
http://ets2.lt/ This is the site I use for mods. It seems to have the biggest selection but there are a lot of poor quality mods, can't really avoid that anywhere though. For a lot of truck and customisation mods there are demo videos, which are handy to determine quality.

I recommend Promods Scandinavia map extension, which can't be found on modding sites. It's a very high quality map extension and adds a huge amount of roads. Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland are added and France is extended. Stunning scenery and unique roadsigns and markings.

Going East is very good, as is the Multiplayer mod 👍

http://ets2.lt/ This is the site I use for mods. It seems to have the biggest selection but there are a lot of poor quality mods, can't really avoid that anywhere though. For a lot of truck and customisation mods there are demo videos, which are handy to determine quality.

I recommend Promods Scandinavia map extension, which can't be found on modding sites. It's a very high quality map extension and adds a huge amount of roads. Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland are added and France is extended. Stunning scenery and unique roadsigns and markings.

Going East is very good, as is the Multiplayer mod 👍

Is that site for the most part safe to download from? I just want to make sure I don't download anything that'll screw up my computer. That Russian map mod looks awesome.

I'd love to join you guys one of these days in MP. I watched DaSquirrelNuts MP video and that looked fun as hell. :)

Is that site for the most part safe to download from? I just want to make sure I don't download anything that'll screw up my computer. That Russian map mod looks awesome.

I'd love to join you guys one of these days in MP. I watched DaSquirrelNuts MP video and that looked fun as hell. :)
I have never had any problems with it, the actual downloading is from other sites, ETS2.lt is just for previews and links to the download. But I've never had any issues from the download sites.

You are more than welcome, if you get the MP mod :) It is much more fun when there are lots of other players around, not like in Squirrels video.

Back