The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Map at 98.5%. Getting there :crazy:

I grabbed the Volvo VNL 780 , it does drive well , very stable around corners (maybe too good ?) . Here it is on the Antwerpen ring road , about one fifth of the way to the destination in Russia.

GT Mikes Scania is still my go to truck. Here's a recent pic with one of the included paint options.

I came across this billboard in Poland. Nice touch by the map makers.
Soon ..... :)

I guess I have always tried to take a different route if time permits or if it's practical since I started playing ETS2 , not so much with completion in mind but just to check out all of the scenery. I honestly didn't think I would ever get to 100% , especially when I started using map mods and the discovered percentage would drop back about 20% each time but figured I might as well work towards 100% , maybe one day it would become possible.

Those complex freeway junctions in Promods (like the one near Hamburg) can take a while to clear , but it is satisfying to plan alternative routes and slowly eliminate all the grey roads :) There were a quite a few sections of road that I had to do in free roam too as it seemed unlikely that they would ever be used as part of a gps route.

Right now there are still lots of small sections still to clear and the Russia map has some "undriveable" sections that are grey on the map , but can't be accessed due to road blocks. It's looking pretty likely that 100% will be impossible but I'll see how close I can get :D

That's going to take me a long time :lol: I don't think I'll reach 100% any time soon, even though I've already done 75000km.

Sometimes it's nice to discover new roads, unless they turn out to be a bit boring. I haven't done much of France or Italy, the tolls are a bit off-putting.

Perhaps you'll find some more dirt roads in Russia :D

That's going to take me a long time :lol: I don't think I'll reach 100% any time soon, even though I've already done 75000km.

Sometimes it's nice to discover new roads, unless they turn out to be a bit boring. I haven't done much of France or Italy, the tolls are a bit off-putting.

Perhaps you'll find some more dirt roads in Russia :D
Promods and France is a combination I really enjoy. Yeah the tolls are a pain but Promods trademark tangle of freeway ramps is great fun ! I still haven't found that castle that is shown on one of the loading screens , I have a feeling it's on an unmarked road somewhere in France . :mischievous: Sneaky !

I had to go back to that dirt road in Russia , (the one I made the video about) because most of it didn't get "discovered" previously. I found that the actual path to make it yellow is off the side of the track slightly , so I went back in GTMs Scania and after getting stuck a few times , managed to get all but 2 bits. I think I may have to drive off the side of that small wooden bridge to get one of the bits haha. Might need your all wheel drive Kamaz !

A car tried to overtake me on a 60 KM/H road. While I was doing 90. He didn't succeed anyways...
40D2F90DBFAB6CDA4262AFD83F1936F76EF96A9A

Just finished a drive from Nattes to Rostock. Had to pull a 60t trailer (some kind of train) with a 600HP. Worst delivery EVER!

Does the 1.13 update seem to break Promods or Russia Map? Just curious as my steam has auto updated to 1.13.

Also, DAF XF Euro 6 coming to 1.14!!! I am too excited!!!

Does the 1.13 update seem to break Promods or Russia Map? Just curious as my steam has auto updated to 1.13.

Also, DAF XF Euro 6 coming to 1.14!!! I am too excited!!!
I don't have any problems with either mods on 1.13, apart from those (GPS bugs) that were in 1.12 as well. :D:tup:

Oh my! Race trucks and that cab livery!
Yes, the race trucks are from Jazzycat's cargo pack and the livery comes with GTMike's Scania Reworks.

I never thought I'd say this but, I love driving my new Renault Magnum :lol:

I don't know much about ETS2 because I don't play it, but are Renault trucks really bad? DaSquirrelzNuts on YouTube seems to strongly dislike them. I'm not sure if it's an inside joke on his channel.

I don't know much about ETS2 because I don't play it, but are Renault trucks really bad? DaSquirrelzNuts on YouTube seems to strongly dislike them. I'm not sure if it's an inside joke on his channel.
"I spit on your Rrrrrrenault!"

He doesn't like them at all, I suppose Renualt lovers don't watch his channel much.

In the game they only come with 1 chassis configuration (4x2) and don't have high power engines (460hp in the Premium and 520hp in the Magnum). All the other trucks have 6x2/4 and 6x4 chassis and have more powerful engines, except for Daf. Also, a lot of people think the Magnum is ugly. Those are probably the main reasons why they aren't so loved.

After doing some miles in my new Magnum I have to say it's very good, although not quite as good as a Scania.

He doesn't like them at all, I suppose Renualt lovers don't watch his channel much.

In the game they only come with 1 chassis configuration (4x2) and don't have high power engines (460hp in the Premium and 520hp in the Magnum). All the other trucks have 6x2/4 and 6x4 chassis and have more powerful engines, except for Daf. Also, a lot of people think the Magnum is ugly. Those are probably the main reasons why they aren't so loved.

After doing some miles in my new Magnum I have to say it's very good, although not quite as good as a Scania.

Ok. I wasn't sure why they got so much hate. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

That's why you get 10x8 mods for the Magnum, and suddenly that truck becomes much more appealing.

I think it's already the most beautiful truck in game with just 4x2, so 10x8 or 10x6? Oh damn!

That's why you get 10x8 mods for the Magnum, and suddenly that truck becomes much more appealing.

I think it's already the most beautiful truck in game with just 4x2, so 10x8 or 10x6? Oh damn!
Funny thing is it doesn't have strong enough engines to be a proper heavy haul truck. 8x and 10x chassis make sense on a 3500Nm Scania or Volvo.

I think it looks funky, and very roomy on the inside. Not aerodynamic though.

A new winter mod for the latest version is available, I've been trying it out. Works with Promods, TSM and the Russia+Belarus map.

So far so good, not much snow on the roads but the scenery is beautiful with the trees covered in snow. And the day/night cycle is changed for shorter days and the sunset/sunrise looks different.

2014-10-15_00001.jpg
2014-10-15_00002.jpg
2014-10-15_00004.jpg
2014-10-15_00003.jpg

The temperature on the display is now 2 degress C.

Link:

http://ets2.lt/en/winter-mod-red-expert/

Back