The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
I read in the SCS Blog that 1.14 also brings more type of axes for the trucks. Any news for the Renaults or are they still 4x2?

Ok, danke for the info. I wasn't able to test it due to the incompatibility with TSM. Good to hear we finally have 6x4 axes on the Renaults :D

Found a cool mod to replace the wood interior with a carbonlike interior for the new Euro 6 DAF. That with the metallic paint, and that thing sure is a beauty. Pics will follow :)

I've a break from ETS2 but updated my game and some mods yesterday. I had to go back to the vanilla map :( , word is that Promods will update late December so I'll refresh all my map mods when that time comes.

So to keep the game interesting until then , I tried the frosty and weather mod and grabbed Ohahas latest FH 2013. Also running 64 bit with good results , solid framerates everywhere , although going back to the vanilla map may have something to do with that :D

15612761510_f64b31fb84_b.jpg

:(

Fortunately, Farming Simulator 2015 is keeping me entertained while I wait for mod updates.
Seems to be a very popular game , I've watched Squirrel playing it on some of his streams.

Just to clarify (because I got a bit confused) , Promods will be patched to work with 1.14 soon (whatever that means :) ) but the next version (1.8) will be late December , or after SCS release their Scandinavian DLC

Seems to be a very popular game , I've watched Squirrel playing it on some of his streams.

Just to clarify (because I got a bit confused) , Promods will be patched to work with 1.14 soon (whatever that means :) ) but the next version (1.8) will be late December , or after SCS release their Scandinavian DLC
It's very good so far, and has a huge modding community.

That's not too bad then, that may be the only mod that I use that needs updating to work with 1.14.

word is that Promods will update late December

Judging from their latest FB update, it's pretty close to release as they only have to work out a few bugs in France. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that it may be only one week away. I at least hope so.

It's out ! Quicker than we all thought although they say it has had little testing so could have some bugs.

Edit: Added pic of my current favorite truck . The Scania Megastore V1.3 rig :D

Last edited:
As always, top notch quality from the ProMods guys. Had to start a new profile, because the others were corrupted because I played them with the ProMods 1.7x :indiff:

As always, top notch quality from the ProMods guys. Had to start a new profile, because the others were corrupted because I played them with the ProMods 1.7x :indiff:
You should be able to update your old profile with ProMods. Simply uncheck 1.7 version and check 1.8 version in your mods folder.

My internet is far too slow today to download ProMods and the updated Rus Map :(

I had no issues going to 1.8 , I just did as Leggy says above. Are you sure it wasn't something else that caused the problem ? I'm not using the Rus map or Poland rebuilding at the moment , just Going east and Promods 1.8. I'll wait until the others are confirmed compatible. I know that the latest Rus map works with 1.14 but not sure what happens when you add Promods as well.

In case anyone with Poland Rebuilding faces issues loading up ETS, I can safely say that you can disable it. It's not updated to 1.14 yet sadly. 👍

Edit: And can someone please tell me how to install the Volvo mod by Ohaha properly? I've enabled it and everything but I can't find any of the upgrades with version 17. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Edit: And can someone please tell me how to install the Volvo mod by Ohaha properly? I've enabled it and everything but I can't find any of the upgrades with version 17. :grumpy:
Are you going on the right truck in the dealership? It should say FH by Ohaha instead of just FH. Top left or bottom left slot I think, if you're buying online.

Are you going on the right truck in the dealership? It should say FH by Ohaha instead of just FH. Top left or bottom left slot I think, if you're buying online.
It seems I've completely missed it being there... :lol: Thanks! 👍

I have a couple questions.

When is the best time to start expanding my company? I'm lvl 17, have only one small garage (my starting garage) and have about 350k in the bank.

Is having extra axles worth it?

When is the best time to start expanding my company? I'm lvl 17, have only one small garage (my starting garage) and have about 350k in the bank.

It all starts off quite slow but, once you get a few trucks and drivers going, the money just keeps pouring in. I had an account that had 5 full size garages maxed out, I think I was making 100K a game day just off the workers.

With the amount of money you have, you can easily get another garage and a couple of trucks. Make sure you buy the cheapest trucks possible for your employees, their quality of truck does not affect their earnings.

As for axles it doesn't make much difference, unless you do a lot of quarry jobs or have mods with heavy loads, then you'll want 6x4 for the extra traction. 4x2 and 6x2-4 are fine for any load in the unmodded game. But they look and handle differently so it's really about your personal preference.

Hmmmm, my ETS2 seems to be broken since the 1.14 update. The steering on my wheel is just massively delayed and very languid. Completely unplayable :(

Is this with all trucks in the game , originals and mods ? Maybe check steering sensitivity settings , they may have somehow been reset with the update. I haven't had any problems with my T500 , nor have I heard of this being a common problem with 1.14 either.

Hope you get its sorted.

To add to Leggys advice , I never give "mod" trucks to my drivers , only in game originals. It's too easy to lose track of those trucks , especially when you get a lot of drivers and garages and if a future update doesn't agree with your mod trucks , it's easy to sell them off then uncheck the mod before running the newer game version.

The sooner you get your guys on the road , the better. I have a lot of drivers , maybe 50 or so and they bring in ridiculous amounts of money these days , more than I can spend !
I wouldn't worry about upgrading your garage capacity. Just fill the slots then when funds allow , then buy another garage and repeat.

Nice truck 👍 Ohaha has released a Daf Euro6 rework mod, in the style of his Volvo ones.

Does Poland Rebuilding work with 1.14?

That's a shame, I'll try to disable it so I don't have to start a new profile.
I managed to successfully disable mine with no issues even though I own garages in that map area, just sold them and all good :D

Back