The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
I've just gone to download 1.81 from the forum, but have just noticed the files are actually named v182. So maybe v182 has just been released but they haven't announced it yet??

Or I could be completely wrong and they've always been named v182 ha
Yeah 1.82 is the latest patched release. They also had the smaller hotfix the other day but some people still reported problems using it.
I haven't run 1.82 yet but it's in my mod folder waiting for me :)

A train with a crane on top :lol:

70t?
I think it was 45t. It's a very detailed model isn't it ? Looks fantastic 👍

Edit: The latest version of the railway cargo pack has been released since I posted the last link. http://ets2mods.org/2014/12/railway-cargo-pack-1-5-2/#more-7827

Also the latest trailers and cargo pack V3.0: http://ets2mods.org/2014/12/trailers-and-cargo-pack-3-0/

Also military cargo pack V1.5.3 : http://ets2mods.org/2014/12/military-cargo-pack-1-5-3/

Thanks Jazzycat !

Last edited:
@spinner Your Scania R looks beautiful! I wish that ETS would put the Fuel/side guards on the 6x2 and 6x4 axles. Guess we can't have it all.

I've been trying to do this Holiday event but... the Christmas goods never show up in the town that I'm in!

I think it was 45t. It's a very detailed model isn't it ? Looks fantastic 👍
I'm not too sure. Still overweight though. All the trains look great, but I wish there were some even more serious trailers to transport them with, like this:

015-14.jpg

I wish that ETS would put the Fuel/side guards on the 6x2 and 6x4 axles.
For every truck, pretty sure they're available in real life. And the deeper 'V8' bumper on Scanias.

@spinner Your Scania R looks beautiful! I wish that ETS would put the Fuel/side guards on the 6x2 and 6x4 axles. Guess we can't have it all.

I've been trying to do this Holiday event but... the Christmas goods never show up in the town that I'm in!
Thanks ! I'm deeply in love with my Scania :D I've barely looked at another truck in a long time ! I also haven't yet seen any of these Xmas deliveries anywhere. I was thinking that maybe my trailer mods have blocked it or at least greatly reduced the chances of me finding them.

I though I would give the Hungary map a try today. I had to start a new profile but it's a nice change. The biggest difference is the map compression at 1:3 compared to the usual 1:19 we are used to. Not only does this make distance travelled a lot closer to reality , but time is also affected. So while making my way to level 4 today , I haven't driven this map at night yet ... because it hasn't happened !

It's not as polished as Promods but it does have a lot of character , not many big motorways and plenty of traffic lights in the cities which during busy times can make progress very slow. Also the police love the 50km/h speed zones so watch out !

And that picture looks awesome as well!

By the way guys, ProMods just released v1.83! :)

Wasn't 1.83 released a week ago? Either that, or I got it early ;)

Glad to see that the Polar Express Bonus was extended to New Years rather than Christmas Eve. I've only got 14% complete! And I actually quite like the Paint Scheme that they have up for offer so, hopefully these trailers start to show up more!

Do you have to be connected to the internet for the distance driven with Xmas trailer to count? I hope not.

Fairly certain that you have to be because of the connection with World Of Trucks.

Speaking of World of Trucks. I wish there was a way to add friends or something so I can check out the GTP guys trucks and pictures!

Fairly certain that you have to be because of the connection with World Of Trucks.

Speaking of World of Trucks. I wish there was a way to add friends or something so I can check out the GTP guys trucks and pictures!
It's a shame we can't add friends. But we have this thread to show off our trucks instead :D

In this game, I've realized how much I like big trucks (Owner of Scania T850 10x4, Volvo FH16 10x6 and I would like a Renault Magnum 10xSomething and a bigger engine for it) It may be completely unnecessary when all the jobs can be done with a much smaller chassis, but I like big trucks and I cannot lie, dammit.

In this game, I've realized how much I like big trucks (Owner of Scania T850 10x4, Volvo FH16 10x6 and I would like a Renault Magnum 10xSomething and a bigger engine for it) It may be completely unnecessary when all the jobs can be done with a much smaller chassis, but I like big trucks and I cannot lie, dammit.
You'll like this mod then:

http://ets2.lt/en/man-tgx-8x4-und-10x4-lift/

When I buy and customise trucks, I have a particular purpose in mind. Like heavy haul (6x4 chassis, 600+ hp, wider tyres) or fuel tanker transport (low cabin, 6x2 chassis, ~500 hp, ADR sign). I like to be as realistic as possible.

@spinner My favourite ride, Scania R500 V8, 6x2 taglift. Lots of mod parts - 12+2 gearbox, V8 bumper, V8 painted grille, V8 screen guard, V8 side skirts, chrome wider wheels, Scania mudflaps, highpipes, Vabis sunvisor, roof bar with Michelin men and double part-painted horns, 'Super' badge. Basically my idea of the perfect all-round Scania truck :D:

ets2_00286.png

And I have to say, if you have any Scania and want better sounds (If you don't already have sound mods of course) I'd really recommend this! I genuinely got scared when I first turn my truck on.

A very good mod that I came across, Build Your Own Rims by GTMike. It is a brilliant idea, basically you choose the finish of the parts of the wheel (paint, chrome, plastic etc.). There are several sections of SCS files, one of each section needs to be selected. Some screenshots:

ets2_00288.png
85-129.jpg
15751764488_7224232604_c.jpg
15788608300_2aa35fee95_c.jpg

Link:

http://ets2addons.com/mod/gtm-byor-svp-rims/

Last edited:
Finally got to haul this train / crane / whatever it is :D Jazzycat Railway Cargo Pack

Is the light-bar or beacon (depending on region) a LED type unit or is it the old rotating beacon style?

Which mod did you use? I seem to run into an issue if I use to many mods all the jobs disappear. Jazzycat mades some sweet mods.

Is the light-bar or beacon (depending on region) a LED type unit or is it the old rotating beacon style?

Which mod did you use? I seem to run into an issue if I use to many mods all the jobs disappear. Jazzycat mades some sweet mods.
I'm not sure what type it is to be honest , never taken a close look at it. The beacon comes with the Scania Megastore V1.3. http://www.ets2world.com/scania-mega-store-v1-3/

Managing mods is a tricky business ! I try to keep the active ones to a minimum , if I'm not using them I disable them. It makes troubleshooting a bit easier when a new game version starts crashing !

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but a person on Twitch (Kat_pw) constantly hosts a stream for ETS2 multiplayer. It's basically a CCTV system that occasionally changes camera angles. It's interesting. Check it out.

I discovered that the other day, when I was setting up my Twitch account. :lol: I am looking at starting sessions when Playing ETS2. This is my current ride:
CF2428FA3A27A48C2C9CFD28DF00464E8A9B55B7

I have the high stacks mod (Duh), A Michelin Tire mod. I also have a LED trobe lights on the from bull bar and a bar that runs on the bottom and top of the cab.

Back