The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Episodes 23 & 24 of Bebop were the ones which struck me the most. It's very rare that something just gets me to sit down, shut up and watch in such and electrified trance, but those did. Last things I can remember doing that were episodes 10 & 11 of Madoka Magica and then Donnie Darko a couple of years before that. Then I have to go all the way back to when I first saw Aguirre, The Wrath Of God as a kid to find another example.

Last two episodes of Bebop were very good, but still felt a bit weak as an ending. I get that they were going for ambiguity and the potential to leave things open for a sequel, but I felt that the ending didn't really feel like a conclusion much.

Jamming With Edward is probably my favourite episode overall, however, and I really liked the one with the trucker and the one with the blind woman as well.

Overall, I enjoyed every episode very much, and that's what matters.

Cowboy Bebop overall score: Bang/10.

I almost feel you can skip out like half of Bebop's episodes and still love the ending. As far as I can remember with Bebop, the most memorable moment is he very ending.

10014649_444987168965784_9070490902109081058_n.jpg

Doesn't seem fully legit as someone has mentioned soemthing off about the nose. Regardless, I do like those eyes.

1897916_444744632323371_8121343418825545664_n.jpg

Last edited:
I almost feel you can skip out like half of Bebop's episodes and still love the ending. As far as I can remember with Bebop, the most memorable moment is he very ending.

10014649_444987168965784_9070490902109081058_n.jpg

Doesn't seem fully legit as someone has mentioned soemthing off about the nose. Regardless, I do like those eyes.
Yeah the nose isnt the same. Clearly the cosplayers nose is more slender. Still no telling whats in cosplay, just pretty sure its not that guy.[/quote]

Macross Frontier speculation: If Sheryl dies at the end in midst of a war by trying to find peace between two parties through the performance of a song, I think that would be a hella awesome ending.

I'm not asking for an answer. So don't spoil it for me!

I'm a sucker for sad songs. This one stuck to me pretty quick. The "sayonara, sayonara" bit gets me good. I just want to see that part of the songs conclude the final conflict. I just might be setting my expectations too high or specific, but got damn if it does pull it off, I'd be about as happy as Bebop's "Bang" moment.

I'm a sucker for sad songs. This one stuck to me pretty quick. The "sayonara, sayonara" bit gets me good. I just want to see that part of the songs conclude the final conflict. I just might be setting my expectations too high or specific, but got damn if it does pull it off, I'd be about as happy as Bebop's "Bang" moment.

Maybe tomorrow when I'm not so tired I'll explain why this song is so important to me.
To make it quick though, it's about a girl. :rolleyes: :lol: :( :banghead: 👍 :cheers:

Yo. Despite the hand-drawn roughness of Ping Pong, the level of competition is going to be fierce. Episode 1 set a pretty high bar with that Chinese player.

u mad son? You make it sound so care-free. :P

refresh your memory about chinese cartoon history m8, people were like ooohhh eva so deep so philosophical I like and anno was sick of it, so he made EoE, the pinnacle of awesome

so awesome he got threats and stuff

anyone who thinks EVA has a lot of meaning are just a bunch of wannabes moaning

Last edited:
Looks like you shifted your perspective quite drastically the last time we really discussed. At least you're living up to your name now.

Anyway, Shingeki no Kyojin OVA 2 was pretty fun. I think the Mikasa shadow boxing bit was made deliberately to draw in watchers as it did not contribute to the plot of those 20-some minutes.

Last edited:
Back