The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Indeed I am, but I can't help but feel there's something really selling it to me...

6puhys.jpg

0j9DL1w.png

I bought Madoka, but I haven't watched it yet. You guys will say, "WATCH IT".
I assumed when you first posted you'd bought it that you would of watched it :odd:

So yes "WATCH IT".

Meanwhile..

I couldnt help myself and order'd this already. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10284841

And then this shows up :drool: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10285512

And its $100+ after shipping :banghead:

I got a another Kuroneko coming next month and im still waiting to hear from J-List about a figure that should have been released in March and is been backorderd since :mad:

Might go and sell two other figures i got just for these new ones coming out.

Last edited:
@Endless-Wilso... $100+ after shipping is what you should expect with popular 1/8th scale figures. Not bad choices either 👍 though not my cup of tea.

But wow, people are raging hard about Sinon. Is she really badass at FPS? Get good pics for us, eh?

Identity crisis? Here it is plain and simple:

1) If you like enough anime...er... or like anime enough, you can consider yourself a fan (regardless of extremity, limit or level). A fan is a fan; small fan, big fan, wooden fan, metal fan.

2) You need not watch popular shows to be a fan. Who told you this? Nobody.

3) You need not have expectations to bring excitement. Instead of aiming for excitement, aim for something you think can get the ball rolling. I keep trying to get the frequenters to watch some of the shows I'm currently watching in hopes of generating lots of plot speculation. It's a shame not much of that is happening.

4) If you feel you're not "otaku" enough, you can do either a) start doing something about it so you can still withhold such a title or b) let it go and remember not to include it in your username in the future since (I assume) you're growing out of it - that's a good thing.

5) Don't fish for helpful responses and utterly reject it right after (like you've done in the past). That's pointless and it upsetting for those who put in the time to think of thoughtful responses.

Ramble aside, Wonfes for figure collectors/enthusiasts:

6SYiWWH.gif

0CDZapl.jpg

Last edited:
Hoping these get revealed at Wonfes, especially Houki. I NEED MY 1/4 SCALE HOUKI FIGURE! (And hopefully someday lifesize Houki!)
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198441
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198489
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/225343

Oh and maybe a Brynhildr in the Darkness figure gets revealed? Really hoping they make something, especially Kazumi or Nanami.

Also what happened to me? My figure wishlist on MFC is nearing 200 figures... orz

Anyway, recently got my first 1/4 scale figure, and she's freaking huge. A quick size comparison.
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae252/BigOnAnime/Recent Buys/FILE0563_zpsce4c84b5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BWFODc7.jpg (Lighting in my room sucks, the flash kept ruining things like so.)

Must. Get. More. 1/4. Scale. Figures. The IS: Infinite Stratos ones still won't be enough.
http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/1034920&ref=item:198518

Last edited:
I have a bunch of "liked" figures, but I wouldn't want them all. Don't have that kind of money nor space. You don't either and you know it. You can make a much more achievable wish list (that you probably would be more motivated to accomplishing) if you narrowed down your list to like 10-30 items.

Just my 2 cents on being more realistic with wish lists.

Last edited:
Pfft figures, I just want this Reimu plushie. I just saw it on SGDQ 2013 stream with Bonesaw mostly and it was so cuuuuuuuuuuuuute

Actually that's wrong, figures are fine. But I'm never going to get one probably.

Somehow after all the artist-praising you do, you'd get plushies over figurines? I respectfully respond: "wat".

You'll come around to getting one some years later. Save up your money for it. You'll wish you did over a plushie.

Plushie's a phase thing. You'll grow out of that pretty quick. At one point in time, I was nuts about having a super moe Shana plushie I could wrap my arms around while sleeping. Stopped caring about the idea 2 months later.

To be fair, many of the Touhou plushies are ugly. The figurines are much more beautiful. But this one's so sweeeeeeeeeeet.

Most plushies look just like that. Maybe not as refined, but definitely incomparable to figurines if we're talking which we'll continue to like 10 years down the road.

Finished Eureka Seven. And there was not a thing I disliked about the show. It was great all the way through for me.

• Renton & Eureka is the cutest couple I have ever seen, in spite of their backgrounds. Every time I see them together I always smile. If something happened to either of them, I was gonna break something. So I was 100% satisfied with the ending. I have to say I never would have thought they'll be as lovey-dovey as they are.
  • Speaking of the ending, I kinda wished they make a little montage of what happened to the characters a year after. Like if Talho's baby was ever delivered safely?
  • I looked around a bit and I found an end card that never appeared in the final ep. The card suggested Renton & Eureka being united with the three kids. I guess it's safe to say that they eventually made it back.
  • Pretty much everyone in Gekkostate was memorable to me. Each of them received a fair amount of screen-time and not one person felt left out, apart from that old guy.
  • Loved the name Moondoggie.
  • I liked the development with Talho and Holland. They're definitely different compared to the first and last half of the show.
  • I anticipated Anemone to realize Dominic's feelings for her. It was nice to see them together near the end. Honestly Anemone is too much of a brat, but when I started to learn her reasons, it makes perfect sense why she acts like it.
  • Renton running away is sort of like a "coming-of-age" journey for him. Though I believe it's a trope.
  • Charles and Ray are intriguing characters. I couldn't really figure out why Charles needed to settle a score with Holland. Either way they never seem to lose their cool. Until Charles died and his corpse was blown to pieces. Ray went insane after that. In fact that entire arc was pretty wacky compared to the rest of the show.
  • The side characters were pretty good.
  • Loved the theme of family in this show.
  • The surfing combat was pretty awesome.
  • Dewey becomes Hitler.
  • The mecha was pretty awesome. But then again I haven't watched a whole lot of mecha shows. Still pretty awesome.
  • Music was awesome. The last OP worked really nicely.

Pfft figures, I just want this Reimu plushie. I just saw it on SGDQ 2013 stream with Bonesaw mostly and it was so cuuuuuuuuuuuuute

Actually that's wrong, figures are fine. But I'm never going to get one probably.

You're right, that IS cute.

I wouldn't mind getting a figure, just to say I have one. But most of them are pretty expensive, and a little too fanservice heavy for me. I guess it's a matter of preference.

Finished Eureka Seven. And there was not a thing I disliked about the show. It was great all the way through for me.
Now make sure you avoid the "sequel" like the plague, unless you want to have your sweet memories of E7 torn to shreds, and feel like dying.
I have a bunch of "liked" figures, but I wouldn't want them all. Don't have that kind of money nor space. You don't either and you know it. You can make a much more achievable wish list (that you probably would be more motivated to accomplishing) if you narrowed down your list to like 10-30 items.

Just my 2 cents on being more realistic with wish lists.
Completely well aware of that, it's just like anime DVD's/BD's. It's ridiculous to try and own every single show you like (And also blind-buying a lot), so you have to be more selective. On FilmAF I have separate wishlists (Only I can see them), wish-list, medium priority, high priority, highest priority. Anything in simply "wishlist" I'd like to own because I liked the show, but don't need. Anything I have in "medium priority-highest-priority" (I have these separate tiers so I know what releases I have to pursue first due to availability) are the shows I feel I absolutely have to own.

So similar to how I handle my wishlist for anime on FilmAF, I use MFC's wishability function to make things better. Figures that are 2/5 or below on my wishlist are figures I'd like to own, but I'll probably never own. 3/5 is a split, many I'd definitely want, others not as much, and 4/5-5/5 are the ones I feel I need, and will pursue first, unless the price has increased too much for me to try bothering.

Ex: http://plamoya.com/en/strike-witches-figure-charlotte-yeager-1per8-pvc-p-28947.html (Originally went for 7800 yen for MSRP) (Hopefully the upcoming new Strike Witches projects cause a re-release to happen)

Only plush i ever wanted was an Akita Neru one awhile back and yeah there cute but nothing makes a statement like a nice figure.
I got quite a list in my Amazon wishlist.
Next step up from a plush would be a Nendroid lol.

Now make sure you avoid the "sequel" like the plague, unless you want to have your sweet memories of E7 torn to shreds, and feel like dying.)

Whoops, I already started it.. Guess I'll stow it away. A lot of reviews on MAL said the same thing too

I read a lot of rage posts about AO myself. Guess you can skip it to avoid tainting your positive memories of E7.

Anyway, I found myself watching Freezing Vibration even though I had no original intention to. Just wanted some fanservice media, and I ended up caring for the plot. The struggles in this season are more entertaining than the first.

I read a lot of rage posts about AO myself. Guess you can skip it to avoid tainting your positive memories of E7.

Anyway, I found myself watching Freezing Vibration even though I had no original intention to. Just wanted some fanservice media, and I ended up caring for the plot. The struggles in this season are more entertaining than the first.
Not sure if serious... The second season is worse, and I absolutely 🤬 despise Satellizer's brother. This season killed my care for the series.

Is it? Well, I'll find out soon. I know so far it has spent less time on the pointless fanservice. It's only Rana who's doing anything in that department so I'm glad it's focused more time on the plot. Plus, Rana isn't even that good looking and barely drives the poor attempt at a love triangle. She should just die already. All the other girls who aren't forcefully delivering the service are doing a better job.

Watched Madoka Rebellion. The visuals were so amazing! I was pretty confused about what was happening through most of it, but the ending kinda cleared it up. Awesome action scenes too. Way more than the actual series it seems.

Awesome. Finally you watched it! What do you think of the show as a whole now?

I really want this now...
I_Kyubey1400749497.jpeg

Bwahaha, preordering here :D

Back