The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
I think I've noticed a trend:
SAO= Respectable until episode 14
After episode 15= as bad as headcrabs

Sources: TGAT
A respectable friend of mine who has given me very good advice in the past
The Internet as a whole (though most of them think that the entire concept sucks)

Does Sword Art Online contain any fan service? I'm looking for a reason to watch the show with the lamest title ever but I just can't.

Sources: TGAT
A respectable friend of mine who has given me very good advice in the past
The Internet as a whole (though most of them think that the entire concept sucks)

Does Sword Art Online contain any fan service? I'm looking for a reason to watch the show with the lamest title ever but I just can't.
Just hints here and there. It was almost an entire page filled with SAO II till I finished Kill la kill...

ohEYu4u.jpg

"Is it the shoes?!"

Also, on the subject of Sao2, I haven't seen it yet, but this gif amuses me.
GJhb4Xq.gif

Madoka spoilers, if you haven't seen Rebellion then don't click. ;P

Unsure about the love bit. Kyubey's species is... I don't know. I like to think the Incubators have not been eliminated as that would deplete all chance of a follow-up, which there still is potential for (imho). What I think we saw was the Incubators being forcefully given the ability to feel emotion and pain for the first time, hence the cringing.

I think Homura has wiped their memory of knowing they are witches. I'd think they still are, just like how Madoka still has her god powers. The circumstance is that so long no one remembers what they were, their powers remain dormant.

I agree on the Incubators having been given human emotions. That makes them dangerous in a completely different way, and I'd like to see that explored more. It's headcanon until proven otherwise, for me.

On the whole memory-wiping thing; I think that what Homura did wasn't so much wipe their memories, but rather replace them with memories of her universe. Each time the universe is rewritten, the changes are retroactive; all of history is rewritten to fit the new rules. Thus, the characters should have memories of only the current universe, because as far as they're concerned, it's always been that way. What's implied by Madoka's accumulation of energy over Homura's multiple timeline resets in episode 10, though, is that previous versions of the universe are "stored" in a kind of alternate history, as opposed to being erased. It's notable that Sayaka doesn't carry memories from Madoka's universe; rather that she's from the last timeline reset in the original universe - so we know that memories can be carried across universes, much like Homura carrying memories through each timeline reset. What we don't know is whether or not memories from multiple different universes can be stored in a single person simultaneously; when Madoka tells Homura in episode 12 that she saw everything Homura did in each timeline reset, did she manage to "unlock" her memories from each timeline - or did she view each timeline as an outsider?

This is some complicated stuff, and there'd damn better be another season to explain it. Because Rebellion alone isn't enough. :X

Madoka is only a "threat" in that she can easily reverse everything Homura has done to accomplish what she did by the end of the film. I'm sure you wouldn't want people undoing all your hard work. That's how she is perceived as an enemy to Homura. The beautiful part of this relationship is that they are still best of friends so the struggle to find mutual agreement is why the plot is now so fascinating.

This, basically. A lot of what Homura feels, perhaps, is confusion as to why Madoka would want a universe in which neither of them can be truly happy - or even fear that, although she has gone through hell to make Madoka happy, her intentions won't be appreciated if Madoka herself disagrees with her methods. It's "oh ****, if she finds out about this, I'm screwed", as much as anything else. For all we know, when Madoka made contact with her God-self at the end of the movie, she unlocked all of her memories, but made the decision to play by Homura's rules of her own volition. Until that's proven, though, we're left to infer that Homura simply doesn't know whether or not Madoka would keep her universe, and can't risk giving her the choice.

This is going to have interesting implications on the romantic aspect of their relationship. Maybe Homura will manage to seduce Madoka before the time comes for her to choose which universe she wants to exist. :3

Somewhat insane characters like Yurippe and Nui are the most fun, though...and also a sign that I would be a very short-lived Black Widow spider...

I think it lost my respect by episode 13... or whenever a new conflict arose after the dudes left the first world...

No actually, I think I started disliking it more and more up until that point because a bunch of us got together to start hating on the godlike Kirito plot armor.

On top of that, I really didn't like Kirito when he had a spar with Sugu later on. Do you remember that ridiculous stance? That supposedly "cool" stance that tops the fundamentals of holding the stick properly?

HorribleSubsSwordArtOnline-15720pmkv_snapshot_0636_20121015_082523.jpg

I know it's just a show, but come on, these writers are BS-ing people into thinking that's actually a good stance. Plus, it makes no sense to step into a match like that. There's no benefits I can think of! :lol:

Not really.

So Silica in rolling around in her underwear was significant towards the plot?

Black haired girl is
Kirito

umm I think that was pretty obvious. Mind you I didn't even watch any bit of SAO II. :P

(Not my) pics from WonFes of WIPs:

nxuHQy7.jpg

1/7 Miku

OJEZHrv.jpg

1/6 Sakuya

Q9Ra7rC.jpg

1/8 Kurumi

bUcVthT.jpg

Garage Kit

N7GeSNe.jpg

Demon Squeezer

Last edited:
That's putting it a bit too simply imo.

I don't know if you are able to perceive it, but to me, if a character is burdened with a statistically unbeatable enemy where they get beaten to a pulp - multiple bones broken, vital spots struck, best weapons destroyed, with options to obtaining victory decline to the point where defeat is logically imminent, suddenly turns the whole momentum of the battle around as if they weren't crippled by even a scratch, that's a huge turn off.

Most protagonists are scripted to do this anyway, but I guess it's the extremity of how far they injure them before they come back. To me, there's a threshold to how much of a beating any character can take until they cannot make a comeback. To put that in an example, if you take a few punches to the face, I wouldn't mind if you did a flying kick in retaliation. If your back gets snapped in half however, I don't even want to see you try to jump.

So I started watching Sword Art Online. I've got to episode 6 so far. It has a good plot idea. Whoever's the artist is, he draws a good booty. ;)
You best be warned if you're on the first season... don't watch past episode 15

QUICK EDIT: Booty is all that the series is really good at, actually. :lol:

Needed to watch something cute/funny/moe so I started Rail Wars. The female characters are all pretty cute and each have their own unique talents. There aren't any characters that I can say I truly don't like. Surprisingly the main male character is useful and not some whiny kid. There are some parts that are totally unrealistic, but it's entertaining. I like the fiery red head.
3627df5572ee3bcaca39e8a70ab4e8191403327750_full.jpg

vW6eFoa.jpg

Rail Wars hentai.

Removed - the clothes stay ON
This is from it as well...

Found another show I might contemplate watching too.

l4n84tx.jpg

Just noticed the skin by Sanae's hip...I love this sexy ****er so much.

XJM1bzT.jpg

This sexy ****er isn't bad as well

43isnJ0.jpg

Nor this one

0NKXREp.jpg

All of these above pictures were done by Abo

9RoqYDs.jpg

On a scale of 1 to several, how many hugs would this Yuuka get?

CkvNSKL.jpg

lVsP7Wl.jpg

It's like a butterface

mfRuXVv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back