The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
What, from Panty and Stocking? the boxart for that scares me. I might check it out because Gainax.
You should, it's more humorous than anything. Also though I do think Stocking's great I prefer Panty but that's just me.

DK
What happened to Misato?
Slightly different context but
Holy **** how could I forget her. She's awesome on the sole basis that I liked her the most whilst I watched NGE at the same age as the Children. She's like amazing.

They'll have to make a third Neon Genesis movie first before they can make a fourth one...

If we're talking about Evangelion as a whole, I'm patiently awaiting the sixth.

I'm just gonna show my answers from the OP, only because I feel like I should.

Who watches anime?
Me.
What animes do you like?
Eh, Initial D, Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist and Alchemist: Brotherhood, and I started to watch Cowboy Bebop.
Are you into anything else directly related to anime?
Um, Toyota Ae86's? Lol.
What is your fav. anime series?
Attack On Titan.
What is your fav. anime movie?
Initial D Third Stage.

I'm just gonna show my answers from the OP, only because I feel like I should.

Who watches anime?
Me.
What animes do you like?
Eh, Initial D, Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist and Alchemist: Brotherhood, and I started to watch Cowboy Bebop.
Um, Toyota Ae86's? Lol.
Attack On Titan.
Initial D Third Stage.

Inb4 you're indoctrinated to watch the awesomeness called Fooly Cooly.

I just realized I never really answered those questions. Or post here much for that matter.
Who watches anime?
A lot of people
What animes do you like?
FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, and a bunch of other shows that I don't remember. Too many to name.
Not really.
FLCL. Say what you will, but I like it.
Never watched a movie. I probably should.

Who watches anime?

Everyone in this thread, one assumes, along with a bunch of other people.

What animes do you like?

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Azumanga Daioh, Serial Experiments Lain, Martian Successor Nadesico, Haruhi Suzumiya, Steins;Gate, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Death Note, Welcome To The NHK, that one where the guy brushes his sister's teeth, that one with the bleeding bread, that one with the calming string section playing for the soundtrack, that one with the gay countries...

Films by Ghibli and Madhouse tend to be up my street.

I read some manga, watch quite a lot of western cartoons and read a lot of western comics. I like Persona 3...

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Remove the molestation from Haruhi and that would be on top instead. Madoka Magica and FLCL are better than NGE, but I like NGE more.

Laputa: Castle In The Sky. My favourite movie outright. It would be The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya if the TV series was less offensive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

1.0, 2.0, and 3.0?

Those aren't Neon Genesis Evangelion movies. Just Evangelion movies. There have been two Neon Genesis Evangelion movies, Death & Rebirth (little more than a recap of the series) and The End Of Evangelion.

Last edited:
I personally don't like Shingeki no Kyojin.

*ducks for cover*

No really, I just don't like it. Or One Piece, or SAO, or Naruto, and I reserve a special hatred in my heart for Free! and all the tumblrfags that religiously worship it.

If you'd read the rest of what I'd said you'd realise that I had no real problem with Endless Eight and that my actual problem was the lighthearted way in which it treats molestation.

@Not_A_Guest If you watch Haruhi Suzumiya, make sure you watch it in the order that it was broadcast in 2009 (chronological order), and skip episodes 2 through 7 of the Endless Eight arc. They add quite literally nothing.

There was nothing to read the rest of. All I saw was a single long line. But yeah, the harassment deal was goofy and completely unnecessary. I got over it pretty quick.

Anyhow, I'm about to post something badass:

TkEsjKY.jpg

I don't know who drew that, but the arm over the head, drawing a sword with string between teeth and the glowing blue eyes is fierce.

I just found it offensive. I wish that I could have just forgotten about it (and I will admit the bit with the computer club was actually very funny, as was the bit in the baseball episode), but it left such a sour taste in my mouth that my view of the series has forever been tarnished.

The movie almost made up for it with its sheer perfection.

Almost.

PLEASE! I haven't watched it yet and now I won't because you spoiled it >:I

Is this supposed to be a joke?

I did not, until I saw my alerts. I do not go outside of this thread on GTPlanet, 99.999999999999% of my posts are in this thread alone.

I know that feel, I didn't leave the Poneh thread for a couple of years, I still only inhabit Movies and TV nowadays.

Back