The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
>people posting Prisma Illya screens of the latest episode before UTW's version is out

I guess you're not prepared to wait for quality. :X

Also, Illya and Chloe are cute as fawk <3333

^ UTW (Unlimited Translation Works) are a fansub group. They are better than HorribleSubs.

unless that screenshot was from Crunchyroll, in which case: pretend I never said anything about fansubs :X

And now my watch has ended...damn I hate finishing shows, things I like ending makes me sad. :(
Same here. :(

Just saw the latest ep of Fairy Tail...
I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Juvia right now...

^ UTW (Unlimited Translation Works) are a fansub group. They are better than HorribleSubs.

unless that screenshot was from Crunchyroll, in which case: pretend I never said anything about fansubs :X
It was probably from CR. Who else gets high-res video of such a recent episode?

No really, who else?

Fansubs whenever CR is on a delay. CR is always a day or two behind on some shows every season. Like they're simulcasting Magimoji Rurumo a few days late.

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

Well that's uh.. new. I didn't expect quite a drastic change in appearance. This is the Tell Your World version of Hatsune Miku based off this illustration:

SBlull.jpg

Normally, I'm bored to death with the moe twintail design, but I actually like what I'm seeing.

-The front bangs have changed... drastically. It's brushed to the right unlike the standard 3-part separation with the hair separation happening at the center, and the amount of detailing put into the hair strands here outdoes a lot of other Miku figures. In fact, it almost matches the level of detailing of Black Rock Shooter's hair. That gets a huge amount of points from me. The hairstyle itself bares closer resemblance to current popular styles. It's hip.

-The outfit is refreshing, cute and fashionable.

-I like the change of eye shape. It almost deviates from the entire image of Miku we know who sports the large round "owl" moe eyes. Personally, it reminds me too much of Haganai's characters. The illustration might have even been done by the same person for all I know. I can live with it, but it would just take time to become accustomed to.

-The lax pose is also a refreshing one. The lax posture we see in the photo of her back ain't something you see with grown women anymore. This just emphasizes the youth of this version's Miku. More importantly, it's probably not a pose you'd expect to photograph a pop idol with. Usually, it's hands up in the air, eyes and mouth wide open, all cheery and excited shouting "Minna! Issho Ni!" There is of course the more serious-toned Mikus like Append, Love is War or VN02, but Tell your World doesn't seem to fit in with these versions of her to be comparable.

-The indifferent expression is a bit uninteresting on the other hand. Hair curling around the finger and lower lip relaxed give a different impression of her. That's fine and all, but not for a figurine that holds that face for an eternity, come on. lol

Last edited:
@AOS- Man, we need an animation of a character that at least LOOKS that good... :drool:
I love it! Do Haganai's characters look like that!? I'll watch it if they do!!

Haganai characters don't. They're contemporary moe blobs... albeit really adorable moeblobs. Avoid making long eye contact with Kobato's though.

Anyway, the sparkling eyelashes made me think of it, but alas I was incorrect. Haganai's character designer is Buriki. Mabae drew this illustration of Miku.

Haganai characters don't. They're contemporary moe blobs... albeit really adorable moeblobs. Avoid making long eye contact with Kobato's though.

Anyway, the sparkling eyelashes made me think of it, but alas I was incorrect. Haganai's character designer is Buriki. Mabae drew this illustration of Miku.
I'll take a look anyway. :P

I wouldn't.

Instead, I'll take my eventual first car (I might know what it'll be) covered in some of these.

Well, the Kanako, Suwako, Aya, Reimu and Alice ones at any rate. I'll also buy the Patchouli and Cirno ones - so I can burn them on the fireplace.

I wonder if they come in smaller sizes...

I gather after lengthy staring into Kobato's eyes, you'll start to see her in 3D? ::reference to the red/blue lensed 3D glasses::

Back