The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Never go to places like that. I looked around their site and anything anime related is filled with only shows that have aired on Toonami.

Oh my god, @Roger the Horse is right. Shaft is absolutely terrible at drawing middle-aged women the way they're supposed to be.

View attachment 224187
View attachment 224188

Thought she was a lot younger....

0 0
.-----.​

NOT BAD

Looking at WatchMojo.com's list of anime top tens. I think I want to vomit now because it's filled with almost ONLY the following:
-Full Metal Alchemist
-Dragon Ball Z
-Naruto
-One Piece
-Fairy Tail

And that's pretty much it.
Never go to places like that. I looked around their site and anything anime related is filled with only shows that have aired on Toonami.
That is essentially why. If you're asking American-based media to rate their top ten anime, it's only natural they list shows that were seen here. With so little shows that make it over here, it is easy for them to be the most popular; no one knows of the ones out there.

Looking at WatchMojo.com's list of anime top tens. I think I want to vomit now because it's filled with almost ONLY the following:
-Full Metal Alchemist
-Dragon Ball Z
-Naruto
-One Piece
-Fairy Tail

And that's pretty much it.

What, you didn't know there isn't any more anime aside from those? Missing Bleach and Pokémon there but pretty much spot-on 👍

Fixing modern anime.png

I can see why:
Robot_Nixon_body.png

Robot Thatcher would scare the crap out of me, once they find some way to reverse 1.5 years of her brain decomposing and 10 years of dementia.

What is this "Touhou" thou speakest of anyway?

Some trashy indie shoot-'em-up franchise that people only like for the fanart, loli characters and soundtrack.

Speaking purely in terms of the games, though? What Call of Duty is to western first-person shooters, Touhou is to Japanese shoot-'em-ups.

"I don't like the moe cuteness of some modern anime girls, and studios should cater to MY specific tastes!"

Last edited by a moderator:
This keeps popping up on my instagram feed. Love it!
14053514661_96b3e9041b.jpg

EDIT: He's in California too!
Nice, but I hope he did something under the hood too :sly:

Some trashy indie shoot-'em-up franchise that people only like for the fanart, loli characters and soundtrack.

Speaking purely in terms of the games, though? What Call of Duty is to western first-person shooters, Touhou is to Japanese shoot-'em-ups.

"I don't like the moe cuteness of some modern anime girls, and studios should cater to MY specific tastes!"
Someone's twitchy.

Also, why is it trashy? It's great as shooters go. You think that other shoot 'em ups innovate in the industry? You're sorely mistaken. The soundtrack is popular for a reason.

And yes, studios should cater to the desires of watchers. It even makes them more money! :eek:

EDIT: The studio that made High School DxD, Senran Kagura, and Sword Art Online also made Toradora. It's up to you to decide whether that's a good or a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: The studio that made High School DxD, Senran Kagura, and Sword Art Online also made Toradora. It's up to you to decide whether that's a good or a bad thing.
Are you referring to GENCO? That is the only company on the production committee on all four of those shows going off of ANN (Unless their encyclopedia is failing again, and missing important info). All four of those shows had different animation studios, and the animation studio typically doesn't have much to do with how the show will turn out in terms of non-visual quality.

Should I be insulted? Maybe...
1196954-bigthumbnail.jpg

Also, why is it trashy? It's great as shooters go. You think that other shoot 'em ups innovate in the industry? You're sorely mistaken. The soundtrack is popular for a reason.

Made by one man. You might have a team create music, but he does EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
Back