The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
It's Gainax. The ending is not going to be conventional. (Actually, Gurren Lagann's was pretty conventional.)

Gurren Lagann should have turned out to be a prequel to Up.
Oh my God, I just realized that. Gurren Lagann= Up
Also, the only girl with a figure that can compare to Yoko is Rias Gremory.

Kaworu only appears for about 13 minutes but immediately becomes one of the most popular characters in the series. Go figure.

And yes, Gainax truly does have a way with how it carries out its job.

Do any of you guys wear clothes that has anime or manga on them in public? Not the more mainstream stuff like Pokemon or DBZ, something a little more "subtle" or less known, for example Date-a-Live.
No, and I never wear them inside either. I don't want to have them washed and then fade. All I got currently are just the Eureka Seven shirts that came with the (Ridiculously) overprinted special editions.
What was the anime that had the girl playing fighting games?
Ben-To?

Just want to drop in and say thanks to @Tetsu_X for hanging out with us here.

Btw loving the gifs.

Also loving abridged dbz on youtube, hilarious.

neregate.com-Fall-2014-Anime-Chart-v2.jpg

Just want to drop in and say thanks to @Tetsu_X for hanging out with us here.

Btw loving the gifs.

Also loving abridged dbz on youtube, hilarious.
Well, thank you. Didn't know that for liking the page I would be tagged with a compliment. It's appreciated.

I would go ahead and give my lil piece of rice too.

Who watches anime?
I do.

What animes do you like?
A bunch. LIke 20, may be more may be less. One's that come to mind: Bleach, Naruto Shimp, One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Attack of/on Titans, and more. I've seen old and new movies. One of my favorite old ones, Princess Mononoke, Naussicca of the Valley of the Wind, and more of the type. SOrry, but my mind ain't helping so I can't name more.

Are you into anything else directly related to anime?
Hmm . . . I don't think so. I like anime and all but not the extent of cosplay and such things. Respect people who do, but I don't reach that point.

What is your fav. anime series?
As far as I know, I can't give a favorite. Too hard of a task for me, if I may say.

What is your fav. anime movie?
One's again, too hard of a task. (Gomen) But I did mention two above.

Well, take care.

Duces!

Some of the other schools are from other countries too. Either way, the carriers in the show are way larger than their real life counterparts. They are literally miles long haha. I'd enjoy living on a floating city!
browse.jpg

Girls-und-Panzer-St.-Gloriana-Carrier-and-Oarai-Carrier-Docked.png
Calling these things Übercarriers might be selling things a bit short. :embarrassed::dopey:

So who has seen the latest eps of Fairy Tail and SAO II?

My friend's been nagging me to watch Akagi for over a month now. I feel like I ought to brush up on my Riichi mahjong knowledge after getting through the first two episodes. Not that having a very basic understanding of the game stopped my friend from enjoying the ride.

Also, spotting the Yoko 2.0 in Gargantia. Easiest game ever. :lol:

My friend's been nagging me to watch Akagi for over a month now. I feel like I ought to brush up on my Riichi mahjong knowledge after getting through the first two episodes. Not that having a very basic understanding of the game stopped my friend from enjoying the ride.

I thought Akagi was kind of boring. I play mahjong to know the basics, but I'm more bothered by how obvious the plot gets and how long they drag out each game through episode recaps and the same lines being used repeatedly.

I thought Akagi was kind of boring. I play mahjong to know the basics, but I'm more bothered by how obvious the plot gets and how long they drag out each game through episode recaps and the same lines being used repeatedly.

So far it does feel like it has slow pacing akin to Kaiji S2's Bog gamble while building Akagi up to be predictably OP (and bland compared to a bag of emotions like Kaiji).

I'll get through them all eventually since I promised my friend I'd do so. Though at this rate it might take a while.

Well, thank you. Didn't know that for liking the page I would be tagged with a compliment. It's appreciated.

I would go ahead and give my lil piece of rice too.

Who watches anime?
I do.

What animes do you like?
A bunch. LIke 20, may be more may be less. One's that come to mind: Bleach, Naruto Shimp, One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Attack of/on Titans, and more. I've seen old and new movies. One of my favorite old ones, Princess Mononoke, Naussicca of the Valley of the Wind, and more of the type. SOrry, but my mind ain't helping so I can't name more.

Are you into anything else directly related to anime?
Hmm . . . I don't think so. I like anime and all but not the extent of cosplay and such things. Respect people who do, but I don't reach that point.

What is your fav. anime series?
As far as I know, I can't give a favorite. Too hard of a task for me, if I may say.

What is your fav. anime movie?
One's again, too hard of a task. (Gomen) But I did mention two above.

Well, take care.

Duces!
Run away.....run very far...
====---==============
Tenchi muyo rehash...
FSN: Rin ( she is now the main character)
rehash of Futari Ecchi
and a apparent AoT movie.

Though at this rate it might take a while.

Narrator: It's game 3, and Akagi is down 10000 points. Ishikawa is on a rampage. Akagi is trapped. He needs to play the 6 pan to go into riichi, but Ishikawa's winning tile.

Side character (thinking): Oh crap! Akagi is going to have to play that tile. It's all over.

*6 minutes of no-animation*

Akagi plays a completely different tile.

3 tile draws later. Akagi: heh you just activated my trap card. Wins with a completely different hand.

Opponent: SONA BAKANA! No one would ever bet on the one remaining tile left in the round! That's suicide!

Last edited:
nk4e always tells the new people to run. That's secretly his way of saying "you'll love this place so much you'll forget why you didn't join any sooner."

Mmmmmmm Aldnoah Zero 12.

I approve your ending.

Didn't see that one coming. After all that, Asseylum didn't get to live on, and Inaho didn't make it out alive for once. Their attempts at ending conflict between Vers and Terrans failed all because of one individual's selfishness. Hope watchers take note that this is one example of how war never ends.

Aldnoah Zero had a very good ending.
Inaho and the princess died.
I am looking forward to watch the second season.

Mmmmmmm Aldnoah Zero 12.

I approve your ending.

Didn't see that one coming. After all that, Asseylum didn't get to live on, and Inaho didn't make it out alive for once. Their attempts at ending conflict between Vers and Terrans failed all because of one individual's selfishness. Hope watchers take note that this is one example of how war never ends.

I don't even know what happened. That ending came out of nowhere. It makes me look forward to January though.

Also, Asseylum's death is a little ambiguous. The ep closes with her whereabouts being "unknown", which suggests Slaine taking her away. It could also suggest that she still lives but is suffering from her wounds, or she is dead after all. Inaho's definitely dead though. There may be a slim chance of Inaho surviving a headshot, but it's very very unlikely since Slaine shot him at basically a negligible distance, and from the animation the bullet is a clean pass through his head. Asseylum's wounds don't seem to be instant death but there's a pretty good chance she'll die from bleeding out, unless Slaine comes to her aid fast enough.

I think the 2nd season may be a time jump while the war is still going on. I don't think after this ep, the war has ended. There's still no absolute conclusion to it and there's still bad feelings between the Martians and Earth. However, Slaine will definitely be the villain after seeing what transpired. In fact, I think Slaine will become a fugitive. Adding along with the show's tagline, the consequences to bring to what Slaines thinks is justice works against him big time.

I'm wondering how Slaine was able to operate the Kataphrakt. Maybe it has something to do with his first meeting with the Princess?

Last edited:
I don't even know what happened. That ending came out of nowhere. It makes me look forward to January though.

Also, Asseylum's death is a little ambiguous. The ep closes with her whereabouts being "unknown", which suggests Slaine taking her away. It could also suggest that she still lives but is suffering from her wounds, or she is dead after all. Inaho's definitely dead though. There may be a slim chance of Inaho surviving a headshot, but it's very very unlikely since Slaine shot him at basically a negligible distance, and from the animation the bullet is a clean pass through his head. Asseylum's wounds don't seem to be instant death but there's a pretty good chance she'll die from bleeding out, unless Slaine comes to her aid fast enough.

I think the 2nd season may be a time jump while the war is still going on. I don't think after this ep, the war has ended. There's still no absolute conclusion to it and there's still bad feelings between the Martians and Earth. However, Slaine will definitely be the villain after seeing what transpired. In fact, I think Slaine will become a fugitive. Adding along with the show's tagline, the consequences to bring to what Slaines thinks is justice works against him big time.

I'm wondering how Slaine was able to operate the Kataphrakt. Maybe it has something to do with his first meeting with the Princess?

Yeah it seemed like some plot armor took effect. I was wondering how he got access to an Aldnoah drive to power the ship out of nowhere. that never got explained and I ended up forgetting all about it.

What I do want to know is why Slaine felt the need to shoot him.

Yeah it seemed like some plot armor took effect. I was wondering how he got access to an Aldnoah drive to power the ship out of nowhere. that never got explained and I ended up forgetting all about it.

What I do want to know is why Slaine felt the need to shoot him.

I think Slaine wants the Princess for himself. Considering he was tortured and was exiled by his own kind, he doesn't have much other than the Princess. So he apparently thought that Inaho fell in love with her while they were in the chamber. So Slaine shot Inaho. Also he pretty much went insane after seeing the Princess get shot, and when people get insane they don't really think straight. There's also their first confrontation with each other while the Terrans were fighting the red-haired Martian (can't recall the exact events regarding the confrontation). But I don't think that's very relevant in Slaine's mind.

Back