The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
I'm still pondering about the ending. I'm thinking as much as Rebellion's ending

For some reason, I want to believe Slaine's decision was more deeper than him simply wanting to eliminate competition in Asseymlum's love interest.

Even though the two buddied up in one battle, somewhere along the line, I want to believe there was something he couldn't agree with Inaho on.... it could've branched from the time Inaho shot his plane after they finished off Femianne (The knight who pilots the Hellas with six drone-arms).

DK
Use spoiler tags FFS!
I'm not watching Aldnoah.Zero. some noob dude ruined it for me 5 posts ago
Fixed.
Picture0003.jpg

I think a Napoleon Dynamite anime would be hilarious. Let's try Googling it:

Never mind, there's an animated series but it looks pretty much the same as Beavis and Butthead. Another show for another thread.

Not as nice as Yoko though. Yoko> that stupid girl in that stupid series

Yoko's superiority is a given. Though I wouldn't be quite so harsh on Gargantia unless you sat through the English Dub.

Despite the uninspired last few episodes, predictable twists, frankly lame ending and rushed attempt at closure during the final credit sequence (even though they wrapped it up with relatively few loose ends), I enjoyed the character interaction before Ledo left. Especially when the language barrier slowly crumbled, though Pinion was a real pain in the arse later on.

The only thing that stayed consistent throughout were the high production values. Noice.

Overall though? Pretty forgettable.

Yoko's superiority is a given. Though I wouldn't be quite so harsh on Gargantia unless you sat through the English Dub.

Despite the uninspired last few episodes, predictable twists, frankly lame ending and rushed attempt at closure during the final credit sequence (even though they wrapped it up with relatively few loose ends), I enjoyed the character interaction before Ledo left. Especially when the language barrier slowly crumbled, though Pinion was a real pain in the arse later on.

The only thing that stayed consistent throughout were the high production values. Noice.

Overall though? Pretty forgettable.
Blegh. I'm starting to dislike it.

For some reason, I want to believe Slaine's decision was more deeper than him simply wanting to eliminate competition in Asseymlum's love interest.

Even though the two buddied up in one battle, somewhere along the line, I want to believe there was something he couldn't agree with Inaho on.... it could've branched from the time Inaho shot his plane after they finished off Femianne (The knight who pilots the Hellas with six drone-arms).

I was considering that confrontation too, but I feel that both Inaho and Slaine are just doing based on what they feel is right. It's just that what they feel is right conflicts with one another, like they're contrasts of one another. I don't recall a whole lot from their confrontation during that particular battle but afterwards, I can tell that they're going to dislike each other. I agree with you that love interest can't be the only thing at work when he shot Inaho. But I argue that Slaine shot him just for that reason while they were in the chamber. Obviously though the ending is essentially open to interpretation until season 2 comes around. So you can add in to whatever you find.

Also, I'm not sure if it's significant but this thread on r/anime shows a different ending outlined by Urobuchi.

^

If there's one thing that never seems to work out, it's when one person tries to argue emotionally-driven morales against someone who can oversee personal interest and side for the greater good; one who thinks rationally. That was a clear case between Slaine and Inaho.

^

If there's one thing that never seems to work out, it's when one person tries to argue emotionally-driven morales against someone who can oversee personal interest and side for the greater good; one who thinks rationally. That was a clear case between Slaine and Inaho.

Sadly Slaine got an upper hand over Inaho. And because of that it makes this particular ending incredibly baffling. January cannot come any sooner.

I agree. If the arms are covered, it helps but she doesn't have sleeves so it really sticks out. Oh well.

It's a shame they dont make a figure for Sako.

More like...
Not enough fan service, aka, panties.
That looks to me like a claymore statue, could be something else, not researching. :indiff:
If it's claymore we all know they want fanservice to come out in the statue like the anime.

If not claymore then I'm wrong and just don't know my mini-statues. :indiff:

Back