The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
I bet she smells like LCL.
you_smell_good__like_lcl_by_rachnycole-d85bx2e.jpg

Started Capeta just now. It's surprisingly appealing to me from the first few minutes.

EDIT: Ep. 6 of Grisaia came deadly close to being terrible. But the character protrayal is (as always) commendable as a standalone story. I haven't played the VN, nor do I plan to do so. Oh well.

Last edited:
An establishment I was in earlier got the whole public Whamming! thing wrong earlier when they suddenly played the Lucky Star theme tune over their speakers. I have no idea why. Now I need some sort of ear bleach.

How the hell did you find such a place in Utrecht? :lol: Also, ARM's been a ghost town over the past weekend.

Not in Utrecht at the moment (which is actually surprisingly surprising in that regard. There's a shop full of SHAFT merchandise and some other unexpected oddities there), it was in a part of London so snobby that it came as a shock to the system to hear instruments invented after the 19th century. (I really need to change my location thing more often, but I move about enough and the interface is clunky enough that I can't be bothered.) Anyway, it came as a shock to jump to that from everything previously just being Chopin.

I assume someone with control over the sound thing was having a laugh/was a teenage girl.

Which part of London is this? I'm now imagining an anime store in the middle of Kensington. :lol:

Speaking of London, I bet Mari is from (what remains of) there.

DK
Which part of London is this? I'm now imagining an anime store in the middle of Kensington. :lol:

Speaking of London, I bet Mari is from (what remains of) there.
I kind of pictured it but also Russia. I think I lost my password to ARM...

Where did they find the time? (Detention?) And more so the chalk?
You see, this isn't ordinary chalk. No, this is Anime Chalk! Never buy more again, for this beaut never runs out! It's also extremely accurate and doesn't smudge! This is a clear example of this item at work, and you can see how well it does it's job. It comes in a variety of colors such as green, white and I cannot believe it's not rainbow! That is correct, YOU CAN DRAW RAINBOWS! You can pick this up at your local store for a measly price of OVER $9000!!!

Not sure if I'm serious? This product comes from the same company which manufacture guns featuring unlimited ammo for various movies such as Rambo, Die Hard and any other of your typical "shoot 'em up" films.

Great picture though, couldn't have done it myself :cheers:

How come they never use non-Japanese music in anime? There's lots of good tunes out there.

Started Steins; Gate on my phone. Would watch Capeta but that's on Youtube.

How come they never use non-Japanese music in anime? There's lots of good tunes out there.

Radiohead's Paranoid Android got used as Ergo Proxy's ending. There are other cases here and there, specially classical music or special instances like Kids on the Slope where they used several jazz standards because, well, they had to, but in most cases it's all music made for the shows.

EDIT: Tekkon Kinkreet's excelent OST, made by Plaid no less, also comes to mind.

Started Steins; Gate on my phone.

Good boy.

A lot of the soundtrack for Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan is in German. The same composer produced both, he must really like how the language sounds.

A lot of the soundtrack for Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan is in German. The same composer produced both, he must really like how the language sounds.

It's in german, but still japanese. On the same vein, Yoko Kanno has included tons of songs over several soundtracks that are in french, italian, spanish, portuguese, english (duh) and even russian, but they are still "made in Japan".

Edit: Another good example of out-of-Japan made music used in anime, Arietty's soundtrack which, even if made for the anime, was composed, played and sung by Cecile Corbel. It absolutely rocks the socks and fits the damned movie like a glove.

Last edited:
Back