The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Every nyan probably should. I might. Will I try it? Realistically, probably not. Takes a lot of effort for me to break ice.

I was just an hour ago reading about it because I had absolutely no idea what it was about, and I think I'd enjoy the manga more, I love 4-panel comic strips. Will try.

Azumanga Daioh is extremely funny and is unique in being an anime/manga about schoolgirls just going about their daily lives which actually made me care about the characters without explicitly making any of them horrible sociopaths. (I love stories about horrible sociopaths.)

Honestly, the manga is better, but the manga and the anime are both different enough in their delivery (the anime is for the most part a fairly loyal adaptation of the content) to warrant reading and watching both.

Kiyohiko Azuma's later manga, Yotsuba&! is honestly better than both of them, though.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I think all of the NGE talk in this thread was responsible for me having a dream last night where Asuka from 3.33 suddenly materialised in the middle of Hampton Court Palace and then hitched a ride in the DC-3 I was inexplicably taking off from the path leading up to it from the gate to escape from an inexplicably still alive Henry VIII's guards...

I am now going to spend the rest of my life trying to establish the connection between Evangelion, 1930s aircraft, and the Tudors.

Also, I think all of the NGE talk in this thread was responsible for me having a dream last night where Asuka from 3.33 suddenly materialised in the middle of Hampton Court Palace and then hitched a ride in the DC-3 I was inexplicably taking off from the path leading up to it from the gate to escape from an inexplicably still alive Henry VIII's guards...

I am now going to spend the rest of my life trying to establish the connection between Evangelion, 1930s aircraft, and the Tudors.

Great, another Asuka guy. They're like the plague.

I haven't really watched it but I like Azumanga Daioh.

It's one of the best I've seen.

Mmhhh.. would I enjoy Azumanga Daioh? I'll have to find out.

I think you would.

Azumanga Daioh is extremely funny and is unique in being an anime/manga about schoolgirls just going about their daily lives which actually made me care about the characters without explicitly making any of them horrible sociopaths. (I love stories about horrible sociopaths.)

Honestly, the manga is better, but the manga and the anime are both different enough in their delivery (the anime is for the most part a fairly loyal adaptation of the content) to warrant reading and watching both.

Kiyohiko Azuma's later manga, Yotsuba&! is honestly better than both of them, though.

I agree. It's just kinda weird that a male artist really nails the ridiculous stuff of real life for these girls. And doesn't add on fan service to it.

Depends. Does characters dressing as one might realistically expect them to upon visiting a beach count as fanservice in a work which otherwise features pretty much no fanservice? The debate has raged on for ages. And I'm not another Asuka guy. She just inexplicably climbed into the cargo hold of the plane I was flying in my dream and then later tried to steal it from me. The dream then shifted to a slideshow of images of Kamina for some reason, so I never got to find out how that turned out.

Depends. Does characters dressing as one might realistically expect them to upon visiting a beach count as fanservice in a work which otherwise features pretty much no fanservice? The debate has raged on for ages.

Hey, if it's in a beach and there are no purposefully in-your-face panty and bewbs shots in every panel, beach or not, is enough.

And I'm not another Asuka guy.

Bollocks, you know you love her.

Teacher Yoko x Misato.

j0EAi4Y.gif

That might be the push I needed.

Depends. Does characters dressing as one might realistically expect them to upon visiting a beach count as fanservice in a work which otherwise features pretty much no fanservice?

OK, so there's a little bit of it, but its not on the same level as, let's say, High School Of The Dead. There might even be
some discussion about the birds and the bees in one episode and all you hear is a nice soothing guitar piece
. That's another thing about the show, its got a relaxing soundtrack.

The Naruto image is a play that is opening in Shibuya this March:
http://www.jpopasia.com/news/naruto-gets-a-live-stage-show-adaptation::17602.html

I thought it was a movie adaption, although I doubt either will/would work because of sheer length (even ignoring filler)

EDIT: Look at this price: http://www.amazon.com/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Complete-Movies/dp/B00E69VJZ6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418952372&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=evangelion manga complete set

I'll probably order this tomorrow, whether its bootleg or not; the seller has mostly positive feedback as well.

EDIT 2: Its funny that this is labeled "rated G" :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Great, another Asuka guy. They're like the plague.
Aw, don't be a sourpuss. That's like me saying that all the people who can't stop watching AoT are scrublords...

Oh wait.

They are. :lol:

EDIT: Just finished Amagi Brilliant Park E12. Just an episode full of common tropes, but the series overall is awesome. We need Part 2 now!

Last edited:
Aaaaaand The Legend of Korra just ended 15 minutes ago. It was impossibly, laughably bad. The entire fourth book was pretty iffy, but the end... the last 5 minutes were just incredible.

Back