The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Originally posted by LoneWolfe
Wanna know my fav thing about flcl? I like its music, it is by far the best music i have ever heard in any anime series. I have prob close to all the songs and love most of them. I love the ending, pure original, totally fits into its style. in fact, i think i'm gonna go dload it now :) (the ending)

aaah, its music. yeah, they are all by the pillows, a ****ingly good japanese punk-grunge band. I have many of his albums, and all I can say is that they are one of my favorite bands. play cool-ass rock. the flcl songs are arranged instrumental versions, but all of them have lyrincs. they are songs that have appeared trough all of their 12 or so albums, in their twelve or so years of life as a band. they are COOOOL.

hmm i forgot to go dload it :lol:

btw anyone else who is a fan of kanchi (canti) in flcl go check out that "lets see those desktops" thread, someone has a really nice real-looking pic of him. i like him because i have the same jacket he wears throughout the series XD

I just finished watching Initial D Battle Stage. It was awesome! Can someone please tell me the name of the other Initial D movie?

there is only the first stage, second stage, and third stage to my knowledge, i see stuff floating around called battle stage, but i believe that is the movie.

hmm i forgot to go dload it :lol:

btw anyone else who is a fan of kanchi (canti) in flcl go check out that "lets see those desktops" thread, someone has a really nice real-looking pic of him. i like him because i have the same jacket he wears throughout the series XD

I am fan of anything FLCL.I am thinking about buying the groundwork art book (sketches)... in fact, I made a flcl page as a school project a while back. lezee.

www.orbita.starmedia.com/~furikura

there. its in spanish, but you can go and visit the gallery. altough very basic, it has links to cool other flcl sites and the most important, the high grade it gave me :)
Been thinking on updating it and adding some more stuff, especially a pack of icons my girlfriend made (theyre cool) and some images. visit the gallery and get the images, they are all big and good. you GO and VISIT it, dudes ¬¬ I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

Cano

FuriKuraFuriKura FuriKuraFuriKuraaaa... errm... its in spanish, but if you want, I can translate it :)

cool, i just did a huge project for my school, some scholarship about antismoking... i'm not sure if it was deleted off of the host yet.

Ha! I finally watched Princess Mononoke this afternoon. All I can say is :eek:! This was a very excellent movie. I think it's up there with Akira.

oh BTW: I downloaded episode #1 of FLCL. I only watched the first 3-4 minutes though. I'll have to see if I can watch it tomorrow after I get back from the foot doctor.

Although it is technically not anime, has anyone here seen The Animatrix? I've just downloaded the freebie episodes from the website, and they're awesome! Better than Reloaded, I think.

I guess I know what my next DVD purchase will be. 👍

Originally posted by risingson77
Although it is technically not anime, has anyone here seen The Animatrix? I've just downloaded the freebie episodes from the website, and they're awesome! Better than Reloaded, I think.

I guess I know what my next DVD purchase will be. 👍

it IS anime man. at least some of them. one is even directed by sinichiro watanabe, the director of cowboy bebop, the vision of Escaflowne and earth girl arujuna, among others. I will puck that DVD too :)

as for downloading FLL, get it complete and tell us what you think when you are done with watching it. youll have one helluva good time.

and as for princess mononoke, yeah, Id say its at akira level. its an impressive production that won many awards... damn, I want to get some more Studio Ghibli productions. porco rosso and Nausicaa of te valley of wind look very promising.

Cano

i'm sure akira and mononoke would be very good movies, if i could get past the blob ***** monster things frome ach movie, stuff like that makes me wanna puke everything up to yesterdays breakfast. :yuck: 👎

Has anyone seen Metropolis? It was directed by the same guy that did Akira. It looks really good. I saw the DVD in Suncaost but it was $24.99 :(

i'm sure akira and mononoke would be very good movies, if i could get past the blob ***** monster things frome ach movie, stuff like that makes me wanna puke everything up to yesterdays breakfast. :yuck: 👎

Those monsters are kinda nasty :P The boar in Princess Mononoke that turned into a demon... :yuck:!

it was horrible, reminded me of ninja scroll, and then akira with the bubbling puss-y blob thing makes me wanna puke by just tinking about it...(brb i think i gotta get rid of some stomach contents....)

it was horrible, reminded me of ninja scroll, and then akira with the bubbling puss-y blob thing makes me wanna puke by just tinking about it...(brb i think i gotta get rid of some stomach contents....)

mwahahaha dam guys, you are so easy to gross out (altough i must admit, it is really gross ^^)!!!
and yeah, I have seen metropolis. in fact, I HAVE it. the story and art, plot and chara design were not by katsushiro otomo (akira's) but by the fater of manga himself, Osamu Tezuka. Otomo just helped Tesuka (and rintaro, another world-famous anime director) to pull this out too. it is breathtaking, believe me. such a superproduction, based on the Walter Lanz 1920's film. the graphics on the movie are astounding, the music is jazzy and incredibly effective for the movie... it seems like the movie was made for its music (not quie like bebop or flcl, but really close to) and the history takes you deep into humans... HIGHLY recommended!!!!

Cano

Argh!! I guess I'm just gonna have to rent since my mom doesn't want to spend $25 dollars on a DVD. Have any of you guys seen Vampire Hunter D? I saw this DVD at Wal Mart and it looked pretty interesting.

Originally posted by Cano
mwahahaha dam guys, you are so easy to gross out (altough i must admit, it is really gross ^^)!!!
and yeah, I have seen metropolis. in fact, I HAVE it. the story and art, plot and chara design were not by katsushiro otomo (akira's) but by the fater of manga himself, Osamu Tezuka. Otomo just helped Tesuka (and rintaro, another world-famous anime director) to pull this out too. it is breathtaking, believe me. such a superproduction, based on the Walter Lanz 1920's film. the graphics on the movie are astounding, the music is jazzy and incredibly effective for the movie... it seems like the movie was made for its music (not quie like bebop or flcl, but really close to) and the history takes you deep into humans... HIGHLY recommended!!!!

Cano

Oh. I though i read somewhere that it the guy that did Akira was involved in it somehow!

Originally posted by Omega Star
Have any of you guys seen Vampire Hunter D? I saw this DVD at Wal Mart and it looked pretty interesting.

they sell anime DVDs at wal marts in the sates? damn.

I havent seen it man, but I think a friend of mine has it. I think I can borrow it...

Cano

Cano

metropolis is very good, i give it a second recomondation.

they sell anime DVDs at wal marts in the sates? damn.

I havent seen it man, but I think a friend of mine has it. I think I can borrow it...

Cano

Not really :P They have a few. I think I saw Spirited Away, Castles In The Sky, Vampire Hunter D, and 1 or 2 others.

Originally posted by Omega Star
Not really :P They have a few. I think I saw Spirited Away, Castles In The Sky, Vampire Hunter D, and 1 or 2 others.

Castles in the sky??? you mean... Studio Ghibli's Laputa: Castle in the sky??? :eek:

Cano

see it and youll know what I mean. that mov is impressive too. I helluva reccomend everything from studio Ghibli dude!!! from nausicaa to porco rosso to spirited away. they are all masterpieces.

Cano

see it and youll know what I mean. that mov is impressive too. I helluva reccomend everything from studio Ghibli dude!!! from nausicaa to porco rosso to spirited away. they are all masterpieces.

Cano

Sweet! I'll see if my mom will buy it for me :P

My sister rented Spirited Away on DVD. I played the trailers on the discs and the story looked very interesting. I'll watch it tommorow.

its interesting to note that, since Spirited away won the damned oscar, now the world eyes are on anime, and everyone is now "oh, anime is great and animed is cool and all" but they have never seen 15 minutes of anime ( not counting dragin ball-pokemon-similar crap. Im talking about mature anime, just like spirited away). I dont know if it happens in yer case viper, but I know one or two gyus like this. I mean, Its good that spirited away put the good anime in the world eyes, but I think there are some posers that say anime is good and mature and all just because they saw it. well yeah, but first get some experience on it before you want to sound intelligent telling people that anime "is for mature audiences" and the such. We can only hope that all these dudes wont be posers for ever and will look for anime and get really interested. I understand there are pros and Vs in anime being an "underground" subculture... but its less underground everyday. more and more people and more and more channels are airing anime. the problem is that, most of the times, the airing anime is CRAP, and people think that all anime is like pokemon... or **** like that... there are respectable efforts, like cartoon network airing cowboy bebop and stuff like that, but its not in all parts... and the real "anime revolutions" are those series that were meant to be comercial phenomenons... like, again, pokemon, digimon, and all those clones (yugipuke and now beyblade come to mind quickly)... you wouldnt have imagined about... three years or four ago that there wpould be a wizard special edition just for anime... and altough it might sound cool, it isnt if you discover that inside it only has information on all the most commercial series. puaj. Id like to hear what you think about all this stuff I just barked. mainstream anime = cool?
mainstreaming anime is a good move?? tell me :)

Cano

and yeah, buy it. and then get it on fed ex and send it to me :D lol!!!

I fully agree with you, it makes me sick when people call something like pokecrap anime, so therefor all anime is like that. series like pokemon, digimon, dbz, etc.... shouldnt be called anime....

Back