The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Has anyone seen Voices of a Distant Star? I read a review on animenewsnetwork.com and it looked very interesting. I was wondering if I should buy it? I got a deal on amazon.com, for $37, I can get the Cowboy Bebop movie and Voices of a Distant Star on DVD. Should I buy it?

Ex driver is teh one with a Lotus 7?
if it is, yeah, the animation is amazing. Id like to see it.

and, well. lets start some discussion right now... what is it about initial D? I mean... I havent seen it, but its nothign like "yay, I WANT to see it" even if its got cars and stuff... I just have seen the frist episodes (up to when he destroys the RX7) and it wasnt nothing that great. yeah, I know I still have to see it (at least to where I have)... I think Itll grow on me if its good... Im not tellin it isnt, Im just asking, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GREAT WIT IT? I want opinions!!!

As for voices of a distant star... well, I have never heard about it o.O whats it about???
well... one thing I can tell you, if you can buy the bebop movie for a fair price... DO ITTTTTT!!! if you have seen the series, you gonnna LOVE it!! if you havent, its a great start!!! go for it viper, and on yer way, tell us how voices of a distant star is :P

Cano

Whats up guys?

My birthday is coming up at the end of this month and I was wondering if ya'll could recommend me some anime series/movies to ask for?

BTW: I think the reason alot of people are so ga-ga over Initial D is because they can "recreate" it in Gran Turismo 3. In GT3, you can every single car that is in Initial D except for the Sil-Eighty.

Originally posted by Naoki
Whats up guys?

My birthday is coming up at the end of this month and I was wondering if ya'll could recommend me some anime series/movies to ask for?

BTW: I think the reason alot of people are so ga-ga over Initial D is because they can "recreate" it in Gran Turismo 3. In GT3, you can every single car that is in Initial D except for the Sil-Eighty.

if you can get Earth Girl Arujuna, it would be cool. believe me. also, If you havent seen cowboy bebop, well, GET IT!! or serial experiments lain. those rule. I dont have to tell you that if you havent seen EVA you have to, too. If FLCL is out in DVD/any format, get it too. stupidly funny.

Cano

As for initial D... well, I am trying to make my mind upon really seeing it. that is something now.

Originally posted by LoneWolfe
Before i watched ID i had no slight interest in cars, it showed me what cars can be which in turn spawned my interest.

ah, now THAT is something. its one of the best reasons I could think about liking initial D :D

way to go man.

Cano

Originally posted by Cano
if you can get Earth Girl Arujuna, it would be cool. believe me. also, If you havent seen cowboy bebop, well, GET IT!! or serial experiments lain. those rule. I dont have to tell you that if you havent seen EVA you have to, too. If FLCL is out in DVD/any format, get it too. stupidly funny.

Cano

As for initial D... well, I am trying to make my mind upon really seeing it. that is something now.

Although, I don't really remember seeing Earth Arujuna at my local Sun Coast anime shop, I do remember seeing Cowboy Bebop, EVA, and FLCL (the first 9 episodes on 3 DVD's).

CANO
Ex driver is teh one with a Lotus 7?
if it is, yeah, the animation is amazing. Id like to see it.

and, well. lets start some discussion right now... what is it about initial D? I mean... I havent seen it, but its nothign like "yay, I WANT to see it" even if its got cars and stuff... I just have seen the frist episodes (up to when he destroys the RX7) and it wasnt nothing that great. yeah, I know I still have to see it (at least to where I have)... I think Itll grow on me if its good... Im not tellin it isnt, Im just asking, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GREAT WIT IT? I want opinions!!!
dont be fooled by pretty graphics cano, EX DRIVERS IS A TUMOR in my head that never leaves!, its a happy go lucky story about cars, wait lets say cars that require no driving in the future that in a lame way go out of control and its up to the "heros" to stop these remote control cars from hitting the uh, hot dog stand. i just couldnt' stand it

initial d: it stands for the the initial 'Drift'. in other words a signature drift that resides within takumi and his 86. there is something special about the drifting motion of that car that is linked to the present day "drift king" {angels singing} Keiichi Tsuchiya perfected this technique in his JDM spec hachiroku and has become unbeatable on the downhill. read more about him and his racing career in the drifters-only fourm.
initial d has become one of my obcessions since last year, i admit that the only thing i like about it is the cars races and the personality fitting character/car combos. its got some well done story telling, but its always the same thing.
"oponent passes takumi, and in an enlightening moment he begins to talk to himself and finds the secret behind passing the guy, again." it goes on like this for about 39 episodes 1 movie and 2 unrelated ova's with some more car races. other than that its soooo exiting to watch!

GTO?
the irresponsible captain tylor?
whos up for it

ah, I see. yuck. no, Ill pass on that.
as for initial D, I think Ill pass on that one too.. its a drifting series. drifting is stupid - . -

Cano

havent seen EVA, naoki? then get that one first. may I do a personnal recomendation?? I dont know if you'll like it, but again, I recommend every one to watch magic knight rayearth. yeah, its magical girls in an rpg-like world, a common formula. but then again, its by clamp, so that means common formula with a twist. believe me, its still some of the best stuff out there. its not yer avergae all-happy stuff magical girl thing. you may want to check that one out too.

rock on suprafly, rock on.

Attachments

• m3.gif
    m3.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 66
Wow, nice picture :).

Did any of you guys watch Gundam Wing Endless Waltz? I thought it was a lot better than the series, mainly because of the graphics :D Wing Zero Custom was da bomb! lol

Originally posted by kirkis9
rock on suprafly, rock on.

someone has to do it, i hate it when people talk **** on something they dont know about... hows that driftingmanga going?

im going to be starting one myself, sure i dont have the skillz u do, but its a bomb ass idea

while ID is still a subject, how mnay people have played the arcade game and how many cards do you have?
why ask? it's on my mind.... I just found a machine today and got my first card ^.^ it's the trueno (shock...) anyway i plan on going back just to collect cards of my fav cars :P

I have a FC and I only have one card. I don't play it much because it costs $1.00 to play each time, and I don't think it's worth it especially when there's a PS2 game that's the same, so .... :D

have no cards:(
when i get back to japan i just know what i can pass the time doing:D

demon angel is the "sepiroth/zechs" stereotype character in my new manga, total badass. and hes reallt creepy in the way he analyzes things and watches people:odd: the kind of character you love to hate.

cano no like drift?, that makes kirkis a sad sad panda....

Attachments

• m3a.gif
    m3a.gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 57
Originally posted by SupraFly
whats the matter cano? speechles r u?

hey! an idiot that likes to fight! entertaining. look, I havent done that. and I wont. because I think its idiotic. you go and do it on your whatever car and feel big because you can drift. I think its stupid, that is all. there is no use or meaning to it. as someone said, its a stupid exhibition. and I am well pass the exhibition side of owning a car. ricer. drifter. whatever, that is just exhibition. so go and be an idiot and drift on the roadside. using drifting for street racing, like in the "ohsomother****inglycool initial D anime? I think STREET RACING is stupid. I am well pass that too. and... er... I dont see how drifting, initial D and DDR music can be a good combo.

If you dont want me to talk **** on stuff, ok, but dont you talk **** on me, or I will talk **** on the stuff you like, and talk BIG **** on you.
speechles... ah, damn good laugh :lol:

and, well, sorry kirkis. I think you already read what I think about drifting... but, well, I can say it to you in a much more educated way... just as you said it to me... there is no need to offense... when the other dude cooperates. I like anime, tough, and I think that in that point you and I agree.

Cano

as for gundam... well, I have yet to see waltz, but as I didnt liked the series that much... its not like I REALLY need to see it... If someone lends it to me ill give it a watch.

there is no need to argue to people about why you like cars, whats the point? whats the point in telling someone that their way of racing is stupid, to each his own....you like drift, cool, discuss it with other drifters and dont insult others by the way they drive.

posted by cano
If you dont want me to talk **** on stuff, ok, but dont you talk **** on me, or I will talk **** on the stuff you like, and talk BIG **** on you.
if you despise drifting THAT much, and have nothing better to complain about. you should spend most of the day IN THE DRIFTERS ONLY FOURM. rather than shooting down folks in the GENERAL ANIME THREAD.

which you have just killed any further in. :ouch:

Originally posted by kirkis9
posted by cano

if you despise drifting THAT much, and have nothing better to complain about. you should spend most of the day IN THE DRIFTERS ONLY FOURM. rather than shooting down folks in the GENERAL ANIME THREAD.

which you have just killed any further in. :ouch:

good point, go talk about howdrifting is sooooo stupid in the drifters only thread, we'll see how long you stay there, and its not a stupid exhibition. its a skill, and an artform, so now you want to talk **** on art then why u liek anime so much? thats what i thought. so go ahead, ad go to the drifting only forum.. and as for my music video, i didnt put initiald, drifting and ddr music make a good combonation, i said that drifting and ddr music make a good combination, NOT initiald, initiald is a whole different story. and also, id like to say this again, nice and clear for u, DONT TALK **** ON SOMETHING U DONT DO. clear enuf? now, move from ur little general anime thread, and go make a drifting is stupid thread in the drifters only forum, og on, do it, i dare u.

and another thing, i didnt talk nothing on u, all i said was speechless r u, big ****ing deal, and u know why i put that? b/c i saw u online, and u didnt reply, so i felt it fitting

-___- agh
art form... oh, well, I wont say a thing about drifting... yeah, I will post later something about how drifting is so stupid. you see... im almost all night on line here at GTP, but I dont just keep checking back and back to see what others say... much less in a forum as scarcely transitated as this one. sometimes I am not even in front of this computer... but I leave GTP open just because. yes, Im speechless :rolleyes:

Cano

and yes, I have better things to complain about, but, quoting, "I felt it fitting"

dont you quote me, i quote myself. and another thing, u taking that dare or what? or do we have to be in 3rd grade and amek it a "tripple dog dare"?

hahaha, I am not as stupid. I will post it in the cars in general forum. if I post it in the drifters forum, OBVIOUSLY there wont be ANY opinions, just many "you are an asshole" shouts at me. dare me to something fair, idiot.

Cano

and, I dont know when, but I will. I have better things to do.

I watch anime.
Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, and I went blank thinking about what I watch . . . oops
Not really
Trigun
I haven't really seen any movies . . . I own Cowboy Bebop the Movie, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet . . . stupid me!

Originally posted by Cano
hahaha, I am not as stupid. I will post it in the cars in general forum. if I post it in the drifters forum, OBVIOUSLY there wont be ANY opinions, just many "you are an asshole" shouts at me. dare me to something fair, idiot.

Cano

and, I dont know when, but I will. I have better things to do.

u just dont get it do u...if u post in the general car forum, theyll shoot u down for putting it there until u move it to the drifters only forum, i think its about as fair as it gets

triguns awesome

Back