The GT6 Advertisements Thread

United States
Port Washington
GTP_skeeter23
Hopefully I'm not creating a duplicate thread here as I've seen a thread for magazine shots but not one devoted strictly to advertisement shots.

That being said it is time to fire this back up again. The AD thread for GT5 was one I really enjoyed. I think advertising is interesting in the fact that many times you purposely "break the rules" of normal shots to make room for words, logos, and other misc items. You might purposely use blurring or colors that wouldn't make sense in a stand alone shot. There might be things in the shot that would normally be distracting but in context of an AD are just fine and sometimes supportive.

The point is there is alot you can get away with in advertising that doesn't necessarily work for stand alone photos and you get to be creative with text and logos as well.

Have fun, be creative, even try to recreate ads you've seen before. One rule though... please try not to be vulgar.

I'll start off with one I whipped together a few minutes ago. I didn't spend much time on it and I have sun glare on my monitor so I'm not entirely sure the lighting is right but hey what the heck... here it is... more to come.

Special-Stage-Route-5-Clubman_28.jpg

CARNADO
by Metalsun1, on Flickr​

CARNADO, part of Polyphony Digital’s recent strategy to diversify its entertainment offerings tied to the Gran Turismo game series into the silver screen. The movie is extremely cheesy but totally entertaining due to the absurdness of the plot and production value. The critic’s opinion on Yamauchi's acting participation is great but I wouldn’t know, he speaks only in Japanese; although he walks and moves his arms around in a very “Oscar-worthy” fashion. On the other hand, Jordan Greer’s “acting” was quite pitiful and thankfully, the writers took him out early in a very gruesome scene. Let’s just say that, what’s left of him was red car paint on multiple vehicles. Then there is me, I do an amazing car chase scene to rival the movie BULLITT. So, go see the movie, have some fun and never admit to anyone that you enjoyed it.

Last edited:

CARNADO
by Metalsun1, on Flickr​

CARNADO, part of Polyphony Digital’s recent strategy to diversify its entertainment offerings tied to the Gran Turismo game series into the silver screen. The movie is extremely cheesy but totally entertaining due to the absurdness of the plot and production value. The critic’s opinion on Yamauchi's acting participation is great but I wouldn’t know, he speaks only in Japanese; although he walks and moves his arms around in a very “Oscar-worthy” fashion. On the other hand, Jordan Greer’s “acting” was quite pitiful and thankfully, the writers took him out early in a very gruesome scene. Let’s just say that, what’s left of him was red car paint on multiple vehicles. Then there is me, I do an amazing car chase scene to rival the movie BULLITT. So, go see the movie, have some fun and never admit to anyone that you enjoyed it.
epic!

Jason likes his ride, so be careful what you say. They were warned...They are doomed... And on Friday the 13th, nothing will save them. Here is some mood music, play it in the background.

Some of you might recognize this old edit from the GT5 forums. So forgive me for the inclusion, but I think it was appropriate to include it here since today is FRIDAY THE 13th.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back