The GT6 Colour Matching Thread

• Thread starter Bo
  • 1,233 comments
Screenshot_2014-06-29-18-54-50.png

Does anybody have any idea what exact green this is?

View attachment 181140
Exact isn't really an option with such low resolution and such aggressive lighting, but Spirited Green Metallic from the Mazda Demio Sport '10 is probably a safe bet.
Green from the BMW 2002 might work. But it might be darker than that green.
That came to mind and so did the reason for not mentioning it. :lol:

Exact isn't really an option with such low resolution and such aggressive lighting, but Spirited Green Metallic from the Mazda Demio Sport '10 is probably a safe bet.

That came to mind and so did the reason for not mentioning it. :lol:
Taiga Metallic from the BMW 2002 Turbo suits the car perfectly 👍. Thanks for your help, fellas! :D

I'm looking for a colour I had in GT5, was wondering if you guys could maybe help me out.

I believe it was called Tahiti Blue or Tahitian Blue. It was really really dark, and had a hint of violet in it.

Any help tracking this down is greatly appreciated :)

I'm looking for a colour I had in GT5, was wondering if you guys could maybe help me out.

I believe it was called Tahiti Blue or Tahitian Blue. It was really really dark, and had a hint of violet in it.

Any help tracking this down is greatly appreciated :)
Can't quite remember, but try the old mini Cooper.

I think it's a Rover colour, so I'd have said the MGF / MG TF, but the (Rover-era) Mini makes sense also! :P
Just had a quick look - the MGF has actually got Amaranth (purple) just like the old Mini. It also has Tahiti Blue, but it actually IS blue, unlike the Mini colour!:odd:

Just had a quick look - the MGF has actually got Amaranth (purple) just like the old Mini. It also has Tahiti Blue, but it actually IS blue, unlike the Mini colour!:odd:
Then you really did get the right one! :)

I notice the paint colour accuracy suffered in the "translation" from GT4 to GT5 (although it was better for some cars, strangely), and again to GT6 in some cases, since they changed the way paint is shaded. I think that's why they changed some of the GT5 polarised paints (from the seasonals) in a GT6 update.

Now that you mention it, I remember the Mini's Tahiti Blue being a bit off. But yeah, it's definitely blue on the Minis in real life, too. I know it from an old 214si we had :dopey:

Then you really did get the right one! :)

I notice the paint colour accuracy suffered in the "translation" from GT4 to GT5 (although it was better for some cars, strangely), and again to GT6 in some cases, since they changed the way paint is shaded. I think that's why they changed some of the GT5 polarised paints (from the seasonals) in a GT6 update.

Now that you mention it, I remember the Mini's Tahiti Blue being a bit off. But yeah, it's definitely blue on the Minis in real life, too. I know it from an old 214si we had :dopey:
Nice one. I'm running a Nocturno Blue Vauxhall Corsa at the moment, so I bought one the same in game as well! :D

Colour itself in game is way off though. In the flesh, it looks black from some angles. Really dark faded navy. On GT6 it's really quite vibrant.

Nice one. I'm running a Nocturno Blue Vauxhall Corsa at the moment, so I bought one the same in game as well! :D

Colour itself in game is way off though. In the flesh, it looks black from some angles. Really dark faded navy. On GT6 it's really quite vibrant.
Post a picture (not necessarily of your own) and I'll see if I can find a match. ;)

It's a really good looking colour in the flesh. Almost makes you take the car seriously. Then you remember that it's got 50BHP.

You're right, the Tahiti Blue on the MGF actually is blue :lol:

The one from the Mini is what I was actually after. Seeing it again, it's definitely more purple than blue....still what I'm looking for though :)

Thanks again :cheers:

It's a really good looking colour in the flesh. Almost makes you take the car seriously. Then you remember that it's got 50BHP.
Who cares? Its still a joy to drive. In fact, the most disapointing is that its 1998 which have a wrong feeling.

View attachment 181140

I got one from another Chevrolet. Not sure whats from.

Visit my thread for Transfromers 4 replica photos :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...6-thread-op-updated-now-with-pitcures.312901/

Last edited:
Try Sassy Grass Green from the Plymouth Cuda or Sublime from the 70 Dodge Challenger.
While your response is definitely admirable, it's worth noting that the request was made nearly 6 months ago. ;) Also have a look at this, it's a list of notable requests and their responses from this thread all packed into a single post.

While your response is definitely admirable, it's worth noting that the request was made nearly 6 months ago. ;) Also have a look at this, it's a list of notable requests and their responses from this thread all packed into a single post.

My bad :( I saw the thread and thought maybe PD was or is going to release. I was then just scanning through the thread and saw the VW and that is why I made the post. I seriously didn't see that it had been that long since the request was made. I'm glad I did the pre-order of the AE Edition and I have won several colors in the TTs and seasonals.

Maybe someone will come along and it will help them like the guy in post #362 from Saturday looking for a green for the Corvette. The Cuda has several colors of green.

Does anybody know about any paint chips that might be red metallic with orange pearl? Or vice-versa? Anything with a nice blend or red & orange. Let me give an example.

lamborghini_gallardo_lp-570_super_trofeo_stradale_4e8fc7fd4833d.jpg

2012-lamborghini-gallardo-lp570-4-super-trofeo-stradale-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-419442-s-429x262.jpg

There aren't really any of the AE colours, metallic or colour shift, to match perfectly.

TVRs Chameleon Orange or Formula Red Pearl don't fit. Don't look like any dealership colours fit.

I still say AE, though none are exact. GT6 Polarized 004, 007 or 044. 007 is closest.

Back