The GT6 Colour Matching Thread

• Thread starter Bo
  • 1,233 comments
Wheels are tricky, what with their typical satin finish and often limited surface area. My first thought would be Austin Yellow from the BMW M4 Coupé, but I might be able to hit the nail more squarely on the head (assuming a color exists in the game) if I knew what wheel you wished to paint.
My first impression, as well.

What is the best option for Lexus LFA Pearl Yellow? I saw the paint at the dealership in game and it looks orange-ish and metallic.

l_143994_1.jpg

Hey I'm looking for the viper violet found it on the acr viper but didn't receive the the paint chip I spent the past 2 days looking for it thanks for all the help

What is the best option for Lexus LFA Pearl Yellow? I saw the paint at the dealership in game and it looks orange-ish and metallic.

l_143994_1.jpg
Try the 1998 civic Type R, some of the older Miatas and the Saffron yellow from the elise 111R.

Hey I'm looking for the viper violet found it on the acr viper but didn't receive the the paint chip I spent the past 2 days looking for it thanks for all the help
I am also interested in this.
I've been wanting to find substitutes for the absent chips and this seems like a good place to start, so I'll get on it. I know that very few Vipers offer them (the new one is peculiarly good about awarding paints as long as you don't opt for striped models--it makes one wonder why it stands out). I'm thinking I've seen something from Renault or Peugeot that'll work in a pinch.
You're not gonna find the exact colour.
Not true, there's a baffling array of yellows from Toyota/Lexus alone...I just don't have an answer at this time.

Edit: I'm leaving this as a cautionary tale. Pay more attention before replying, folks! :lol:

Last edited:
Maybe this has been asked before, but is there a carbon fibre(-ish) paint chip?

If you read the post I was replying to, you'd know I was referring to the Viper violet, not yellow.
Holy crap on a cracker. My apologies, I guess I was still thinking about the LFA and apparently didn't even see the quote. :lol:

@Arpadkaaa and @Jbaffoh the best match I have for Viper Violet is Plum Crazy Metallic from the Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71, a 60,000cr buy. Don't be concerned by how dark it appears on said car, it's really quite close when compared to Viper Violet on the SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08. Should you want to apply it to the ACR Viper, perhaps to simply eliminate the black stripe, take note that it yields a white stripe on the wing and a corresponding white section on the steering wheel.

This isn't the best shot, but I want the blue on this car. I believe I've got Matte pink for the brake calipers.

image.jpg

If this picture isn't good for people who are answering requests, you can always find more pictures of deadmau5' Purrari on google.

GT Fluorescence-001C is the way to go, but a next-best is available in Azzurro from, I believe, the Lancia Stratos '73...or the Ferrari 512 BB '76. I believe the former is the correct one, sadly it's a bit pricier than the latter. Also note that the roof of the 458 remains unpainted.

GT Fluorescence-001C is the way to go, but a next-best is available in Azzurro from, I believe, the Lancia Stratos '73...or the Ferrari 512 BB '76. I believe the former is the correct one, sadly it's a bit pricier than the latter. Also note that the roof of the 458 remains unpainted.

Thanks. I'll try 'em out right now. :)

Back