The Hate for the X1's

• Thread starter iName
  • 118 comments
United States
Southfield, Detroit
BroncoFLHX
I've actually been surprised lately on red bull drivers. In GT5, it was so easy to get one, but now you have to work for it. 9/10 red bull drivers are actually really good drivers. So why do people still hate it? It is annoying if they hit you but still, the drivers can handle the thing now.

I've actually been surprised lately on red bull drivers. In GT5, it was so easy to get one, but now you have to work for it. 9/10 red bull drivers are actually really good drivers. So why do people still hate it? It is annoying if they hit you but still, the drivers can handle the thing now.
I don't really hate it. I just hate it because drivers who get it out all the time are normally terrible drivers and ram into people who are minding their own business in lobbies. This happened a lot in GT5 but I have seen very little of this in GT6 which may be a consequence of the fact it isn't awarded for free anymore (I believe) / more expensive.

The car is largely useless anyway.

I don't really hate it. I just hate it because drivers who get it out all the time are normally terrible drivers and ram into people who are minding their own business in lobbies. This happened a lot in GT5 but I have seen very little of this in GT6 which may be a consequence of the fact it isn't awarded for free anymore (I believe) / more expensive.

The car is largely useless anyway.
Yeah you have to get at least bronze in the red bull fan car challenge. That's why I think they are good drivers, if they can even finish that Tsukuba challenge then that's an accomplishment.

I do not use the X1's online unless the room permits it and it's on SSRX, playing online with other X1's, let alone other cars, is extraordinary difficult...

Though I use it offline to improve my reaction times in tracks.

The car is hated because of the days of GT5 as mentioned before. I love the cars, but I think it's unfair to hate the car because of some drivers. If you look closely at the car you'll see that there's a lot of thought put into it. It's a very fast car but it just gives the illusion of being easy to drive because it has so much grip. So it is used as a troll car online like the Tank Car, but unlike the latter it's just a concept.

Why on earth was the X1 invented? It cant be used in career mode and sounds pretty awful as well.

Well, it's supposed to be the fastest car that can be built with today's tchnology. PD probably limited it's use in career because it made the game much easier in GT5. I think it sounds good. I know it isn't saying much but, in my opinion, it sounds better than a lot of the cars in the game.

I dont think anyone hates the car. Hate the noobs who use it because they cant win on anything else.

Its hardly a suitable car for racing anyway, except for some tracks like High speed ring where you can have decent races with it. But in the end it goes too fast and has too much grip. Not fun.

But still its a curious fantasy machine to try to blast the times on any track you wish.

+ it's not even real

Let's create a list of what isn't real in the game... but in the interest of time, let's not. Do you like the VGT cars? Concepts that are in the game (not all, some). They don't exist any more than the X1. That's not really a good reason to hate a vehicle. Plus, we can get into the debate that nothing is real... :sly:

I don't think it ever had a place in the GT franchise, and I'll never be persuaded otherwise.

Do you like the FGT? Based on this statement, I imagine not. Let's think about why the X1 was made, as someone asked. Pushing the boundaries beyond money, regulations, and perhaps human capability was the purpose.

Getting the brightest minds to work on the ultimate formula car is amazing. If it could be made, which it probably will never be fully made in all its glory due to the enormous price tag and total impracticality, it would be a monster of a machine. It would be the ultimate drive. Wouldn't you want to drive it if it were real?

Why does your statement make me think you don't like the FGT? Because you must not enjoy vehicles that aren't real, conceived in a digital world, and push the boundaries of what exists... both the X1 and FGT fit in those categories.

Anyone that hates the X1 is entitled to their opinion and I'm sorry you don't like this vehicle. However, if this technology was available 40 years ago, the X1 would have made up the majority, if not all of the entries in certain vehicle categories that it could have occupied, the Indy 500 being one example. Sure, it'd probably be banned the next year, but it'd be real in a perfect storm. For me, I marvel at the possibility this could be made. It truly could be made, but even if it does, I'll never touch it- let alone drive it. This is my only chance. Just like the Nissan R35, I try to enjoy vehicles that I wish I could drive... but never will. ---And don't tell me you wouldn't want to drive a vehicle that can go 0-300 mph in less time than your daily driver can do 0-100.

/Off soapbox. :dopey:

Are you implying that the X1 is following the laws of physics as it goes around that hairpin at 180mph? :lol:

I have nothing against the FGT.

Personally I think the car is cool and I am glad it is in the game. It is fun to try and get a really quick lap in it sometimes but as others have said not really for racing. I don't hate the car. I do hate it when someone tries to use it in a lobby where other drivers are using LMP or lower cars.

Of course I am sure this is not as big an issue as it was in GT5 due to the car being a little harder to get.

That said the car is still easy enough to get. You can buy it from the dealership and the price is not that bad, easy to get that many credits in a short period of time if you want.

To me, it's not the car. The car is great and it's the best feeling ever to go around a sharp turn flat perfectly. The main reason why everyone hates it is the driver. Let's be honest, if nobody used GTR's for drag racing in GT5, we probably wouldn't hate is as much as we do now. Same for civics, if the common driver of it never claimed to have the fastest car or rice it out, we would never hate the civic. So it's the not the X1. It's the driver we hate.

Are you implying that the X1 is following the laws of physics as it goes around that hairpin at 180mph? :lol:
Then you have a problem with the physics of the game, not the vehicle.

Additionally, the downforce on the vehicle is amazing... on purpose. So, we end up with a fast, high downforce machine pumping out over 1,000 bhp. It has 500 more bhp than some of the old LeMans group C with about 200 less kg. Is it probable that it does it at 180? Probably not. Is it possible that it can do it 25+ mph faster than another car? Yes... that's why it was conceived.

The junior and the standard are a lot of fun.
Expecially the standard, since the ferrari f1 aren't in the game anymore i use the standard x1 with less hp and lower downforce to replace them.
The fan car, well...can't say that i love it but it can be fun, once in a while...

If people hate users taking advantage using an X1 in a online race, why would you use it on career mode?
Who uses it in career mode? Aside from the Rull Bull event where you have to run them there is no other race it can enter in career mode, or at least none without dropping the PP way down if it is even possible to drop it that low.

In GT5 I used the X1 a lot but that was for B-Spec. It was a good car for Bob to grind the credits out with.

Of course when I set up a race I set the settings so that an X1 is not allowed to enter. I much prefer to race street cars or GT cars.

If it's the X1 (X2010, X2011, X2014 FC) It's practically useless in career mode, and cannot enter in nearly all of the events. (Except the RB Challenge.)

On the other hand, the X2014 Junior and standard versions are a different story. They're tons of fun.

Why use the fan cars (or even the X2014 standard) in career on non-RB specific events, now that there are no more long endurance races or b-spec? It would make the game too easy. If it's purely to grind credits, there's still the X2014 standard championship and it gives a lot of money. And because it lends you the car you don't even have to worry about the maintanance of your car, saving some cr. on the long run. However I think there should be another Red Bull event where we could use our own X-cars, specially the fan cars, since there are no repeatable evens for them now.

I have nothing against the FGT.
Given that it weighs less than a modern F1 car, incorporates all the latest aerodynamic advancements (whether they're legal in F1 or not), and was designed by one of Formula One's greatest car designers, yeah, I'd say a real one would probably perform pretty close to what it does in the game.

(And, by the way, it can't actually do 180mph around a hairpin - more like 70 to 120 depending on radius).

I don't like any f1 style single-seater in general. Too fast, too accurate, too stiff, if you make a single mistake you're done.
For me pure driving/racing is with cars like the Alpine A110, Caterham Seven Fireblade, stock cars, sport cars...

A reason to HATE this thing? It doesn't exist (no, 1/1 scale model doesn't count!!)

Last edited:
I don't know that they're all that difficult to get. I was able to get each of mine with no great difficulty and without any driving aids. I then promptly sold them and haven't once revisited any of the races required to obtain them. If you really want one, I understand it can take an hour or so running the top tier RB championship with the full login bonus. I just won't host, join, or stay in (if it's changed in my presence) a lobby without restrictions that prevent its use.

Back