The Maserati Trophy...Season 1 over

• Thread starter Goodwolf
  • 235 comments
Fuji GT saw plenty of action with battles running in both races, the midfield enjoying the fun especially. But yet again it was Chris who reigned supreme to take both wins, although I managed to stay with him in the first race for a while and even pass, but threw it away with a mistake soon after. :banghead:

Well done to Chris for the double and Bo for a podium. Well done Dudo for his podium. :cheers:

Action from race two:

7fff589f-79a4-4bab-8e7d-674cf01c2bb8.jpg

I'll try to be free on Friday and Saturday for our usual practice after 20:00 GMT (9pm BST). No worry, there will be no rain this weekend. :)

Round 6: Florence Circuit (my creation) - 27th October 2013

Event Format
Practice: 18:45GMT (7:45pm BST) start, 15 minutes long

Qualifying 1: 19:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 1: 19:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Qualifying 2: 20:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 2: 20:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Track Settings
Time: 14:00
Time Progression: 1
Weather: 0%
Changeability: 0
Water: 0%

Event Settings
Laps: 19
Start Type: Grid with False Start Check
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: No
Penalty: No
Race Finish Delay: 140 sec
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real

Regulation Settings
Power: 453bhp
Weight: 1400kg
Tyre Restrictions: Sports Medium
Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Driving Line: Off
Traction Control: Off
Active Steering: Off
ABS: Off or 1
ASM: Off
Transmission: MT/AT

Private session learned us a lot!
Goodluck with the practice tonight gentlemen.
See you on raceday! 👍

Cobani
Private session learned us a lot!
Goodluck with the practice tonight gentlemen.
See you on raceday! 👍

Agreed. I was 2 seconds off the pace, and also wont get on tonight, so I will race you all tomorrow.

Last night practice was great. It showed that you really need to be precise to get the lap right. On the race day this will be more so because the grass will almost always punish little mistakes like going wide.

Goodwolf..................1:58.772
Cobani.....................1:58.959
GTP_ADE..................2:00.307

Guys if you moved your clock like we here did, one hour earlier, we could start the event at 19:45 GMT. What do you think?

Goodwolf
Guys if you moved your clock like we here did, one hour earlier, we could start the event at 19:45 GMT. What do you think?

Thats fine by me now that we are back on GMT.

Ok then we will move GMT start time for one hour. For Europe it will stay the same and for North America it will be an hour later.

Round 6: Florence Circuit (my creation) - 27th October 2013

Event Format
Practice: 19:45GMT (7:45pm BST) start, 15 minutes long

Qualifying 1: 20:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 1: 20:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Qualifying 2: 21:00GMT start, 15 minutes long
Race 2: 21:15GMT (about 37 minutes)

Track Settings
Time: 14:00
Time Progression: 1
Weather: 0%
Changeability: 0
Water: 0%

Event Settings
Laps: 19
Start Type: Grid with False Start Check
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: No
Penalty: No
Race Finish Delay: 140 sec
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Weak
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real

Regulation Settings
Power: 453bhp
Weight: 1400kg
Tyre Restrictions: Sports Medium
Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Driving Line: Off
Traction Control: Off
Active Steering: Off
ABS: Off or 1
ASM: Off
Transmission: MT/AT

Thanks Goodwolf for putting this on. Sad I couldn't finish the second race, I hate when that happens. I had pretty much no warning it would happen too...oh well. It actually got better, then started again, and on such a unforgiving course it can ruin your cornering line.

Congrats Gary, you deserve it. :cheers:

Great end to The Maserati Trophy. Thanks Dudo for organizing this championship, and also to everyone else for some great racing. I couldnt match the pace of the front runners in this last round. My fastest lap was a 1:58.9xx in race 2. Race 1 saw many mistakes from me, and by the end the tyres were hanging off. Race 2 was much better, with some great battling in the early laps, but silly mistakes made me loose the front runners. Again by the end the tyres were hurting, and I lost it in T1 on the final lap. Managed to get it back on the black, and keep ahead of Jammy for 4th place.

It was a brilliant night of racing gentlemen!
Shame of the mechanical failure LongBow.
Great battles in both races.
Congrats to Gary for the championship!
Big thank you to Goodwolf for this awesome series.
Enjoyed it very much indeed!
👍

It was a great challenge on Dudo's track to end the series with, battling with Bo for most of race 1 with Chris making his escape to the front, twice! Race 2 was more of a struggle, a couple of visits to the barriers left me in third place as Bo made good pace with Dudo in hot pursuit. It was a shame Chris had to retire with technical issues for this one.

Well done to Chris for his win, and to Bo for his podium and second race win. Well done to Dudo for his podium and providing a fantastic race series.

Cheers Gentlemen!

Standings

stand_fin.png
legend.png

Hi guys, the results are out.

Thank you once again for great series. This time I didn't expect it will be this good. Grid was half full, I would have liked more racers but it was good enough. Quality and challenge for me was very good and that's what you really want in a series, so I enjoyed every race.

Yesterday in Race 1 I wasn't satisfied with my practice and quali where I made small mistakes so I took it easy at the beginning. I was building my confidence and speed so at the end I pushed and still had some tyres to really make it happen. I almost got Cobani at the finish line. Great race.

Race 2 was different. I was committed to stay with the front runners but I wasn't going to do anything crazy and I was saving the tyres where I could. Trying very hard to get those exits clean without any wheel spin. I did good with my tyre management so again I pushed at the end, when Gary made his mistake. I was very determined to get the win. It would meant a lot on my track at the final race of the championship. But Cobani was having non of that and the gap of three seconds never went down on the last three laps.

Congrats to winners and Gary for taking the Championship!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Congratulations Gary on winning the championship. I would put some thumbs up and flags waving, but not sure how to on this new GTPlanet. But well done on getting the double.

Congratulations Gary on winning the championship. I would put some thumbs up and flags waving, but not sure how to on this new GTPlanet. But well done on getting the double.

LOL
Same confusing thing happened to me. :)

Back