The Metal ThreadMusic 

Saw Amon Amarth live last week!

Worked the merch desk, had AAA and got my pic LP "legendary" set signed by all members and got a sweet pic of my son & I with the guys, such an awesome night and the set was just amazing! \m/

Most metal albums have awesome cover art. More reason why I like buying the actual CD over MP3 downloads.

Especially anything done by Ed Repka. :drool:👍

Found another new band, first song I heard & am already in love! Those screams.. :sly:

Also, I've got 5 metal playlists with 200 songs each on them, & just started the 6th if anyone wants/needs a good playlist for like a party or hanging out with friends, or if you just want to discover new bands. :P

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL99DC58725DF9DA67&feature=view_all

Especially anything done by Ed Repka. :drool:👍

Found another new band, first song I heard & am already in love! Those screams.. :sly:

Also, I've got 5 metal playlists with 200 songs each on them, & just started the 6th if anyone wants/needs a good playlist for like a party or hanging out with friends, or if you just want to discover new bands. :P

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL99DC58725DF9DA67&feature=view_all

Digging your playlist. Love the thrash list, though a few things caught my eyes. You have Four Horsemen twice, (and I prefer Mechanix but both are good). Loving all the Overkill, Sodom, and Nuclear Assault. I'm seeing Overkill live May 2nd in SF. Really really excited to see them live especially after their most recent album which is ****ing amazing. I passed up Mastodon/Opeth/Ghost for Overkill because I feel like spending close to $200 for both those shows in that short period of time is too much. Besides The Hunter was a let down.

That song by Fatal Violence is awesome, and I need that in my ever growing collection. Old school thrash is the best thing that came out of the 80's.

Not sure how many people like hardcore or sludge... But Struck By Lightning is one my new favorite bands. Bought their one and only album which was released in 09' so I hope there is more to come. They remind me of early Mastodon and Baroness.

Not sure how many people like hardcore or sludge... But Struck By Lightning is one my new favorite bands. Bought their one and only album which was released in 09' so I hope there is more to come. They remind me of early Mastodon and Baroness.

I like it, and click the smilie.

:)

Digging your playlist. Love the thrash list, though a few things caught my eyes. You have Four Horsemen twice, (and I prefer Mechanix but both are good). Loving all the Overkill, Sodom, and Nuclear Assault. I'm seeing Overkill live May 2nd in SF. Really really excited to see them live especially after their most recent album which is ****ing amazing. I passed up Mastodon/Opeth/Ghost for Overkill because I feel like spending close to $200 for both those shows in that short period of time is too much. Besides The Hunter was a let down.

That song by Fatal Violence is awesome, and I need that in my ever growing collection. Old school thrash is the best thing that came out of the 80's.

Thank you. Eh, I noticed I have a few songs twice :ouch: It's tough to keep track of which ones you have/have not added.

Struck by Lightning -Sound pretty good! :D

Overkill is a badass band just saying

If you don't like this song then you don't like metal.

I don't know if any of you know about this site, but it's where I go when I discover a new band and want to find out more about their discography. I also use it to try to keep up with which cds I don't have by some bands. It gets kinda confusing keeping up with what you have when you own 1000+ cds.:lol:

Here is a link:

www.spirit-of-metal.com

Anton here, with another batch of new bands I've found! :dopey:

Revenge - The Demented

Infinite Translation - Fear the Face of Death

Paradox - Heresy

Last edited:
Since I'm currently too broke to buy any cds right now (stupid bills :yuck:), I'm always looking for some free (legal) metal to download. My newest find is a Chilean thrash band called Lefutray and their new live album entitled Last Breath Live. I haven't listened to much of it yet, but one thing I can tell you is that the singer kinda sounds like Max Cavalera.

Here's link for anyone that wants to check it out:

http://music.digmetalworld.com/album/last-breath-live

Keep your horns high and the metal flag waving.

Peace.

Anyone listen to Venom and Blitzkreig?

Yes & Yes! Black Metal & Welcome to Hell are atop my 'must haves' list. :)

Can we survive the blitzkrieg? :dopey: I like any NWOBHM band. Blitzkrieg is no exception. I do not have any of their CD's (yet) though.

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) Like the band Holocaust? They're really good.

Last edited:
I have a pretty different kind of taste in metal. Anyone listen to foreign bands like Rammstein or Dir en Grey around these parts?

Rammstein is meh.

@Astonish

I like their original and Metallica's version of Blitzkreig.

Rammstein is meh.

@Astonish

I like their original and Metallica's version of Blitzkreig.

Yeah, both versions are good, but personally I prefer the original.

I just got CFH & Killing Machine CD('s), and a BLS shirt! :cool:

So the Overkill concert was cancelled the day of the event.. Because they didn't sell enough presale tickets. But that's what happens when you ask for a $12 convience fee on a $25ish ticket. Plus $2 for printing... People were just going to buy at the door.. Every venue on this tour has been packed. Ugh... I'm so frustrated about that but I think this summer will make up for it.

June 5th
Sleep, Oxbow, Kowloon Walled City

June 6th
Church of Misery, The Gates of Slumber, Hail!Hornet

June 7th
My friend 21st.. :P

June 9th
Corrosion of Conformity, Torche, Black Cobra, Gaza

June 13th
Municipal Waste, 3 Inches of Blood, Black Tusk, Lecherous Gaze

:crazy: I'm going to be screwed up at the end up the week.. But it will be epic.

Stillborn is my jam bro.

Right on. 👍

More metal!..not new (for me at least), but underrated & good as it gets. :)

Ravage - Reign Fall

Deathrash - Thrash Beyond Death

& while I'm here, I found this website, it has very large HQ album covers and band wallpapers
http://ximmix.mixeriksson.com/index...069&Action=ViewAlbum&albumID=94&singlealbum=1

Example of a wallpaper:
wp_demon_taking_the_world_by_storm_1920x1200px_2_110301190936_2.jpg

I finally got around to picking up Overkill's Ironbound album. It's great but I still prefer their '80s work. Who didn't like Wrecking Crew?

Title track is fantastic though.

I finally got around to picking up Overkill's Ironbound album. It's great but I still prefer their '80s work. Who didn't like Wrecking Crew?

Title track is fantastic though.

Ironbound is awesome and the more I listen to it the more I like it. I'm usually one that prefers the early 80's stuff from Thrash bands... but to me its some of my least favorite of Overkill.

Taking Over is an excellent retro thrash album.. But it doesn't sound like Overkill when I think Overkill. UFI was excellent too.. but it still isn't very Overkillish... UFI actually reminds me of Sodom.. The riffing.. the drums especially.

The Years of Decay IMO is where Overkill found their niche. And then Horrorscope came out and in terms of deadliest riffs this album has it. With COMA and Horrorscope they really made a name for them self.

RELIXV is probably their weakest... but still isn't bad. Bloodletting is my personal favorite, its an excellent work out album.. lots of energy and in your face lyrics. Really gets the blood flowing.

I've been listening to Immortalis a lot lately and its really growing on me. Randy Blythe on Skull and Bones gives a really unique feel to a song. With Blitz's high pitch screeches and Randy's deep growls... A perfect blend.

Ugh... Now I'm feeling sick again after they cancelled Overkill in SF... Stupid venue.

EDIT: Also about Stillborn.. I'm a massive BLS fan.. most played band on Last.fm.. But couldn't get into that song as much a lot of other people. 13 Years of Grief will always be my favorite.. that riff.. well.. both of them actually.. the opening shreds too. Needs more pitch harmonics though, Zakk is slacking. :lol:

Last edited:
Ironbound is awesome and the more I listen to it the more I like it. I'm usually one that prefers the early 80's stuff from Thrash bands... but to me its some of my least favorite of Overkill.

Taking Over is an excellent retro thrash album.. But it doesn't sound like Overkill when I think Overkill. UFI was excellent too.. but it still isn't very Overkillish... UFI actually reminds me of Sodom.. The riffing.. the drums especially.

The Years of Decay IMO is where Overkill found their niche. And then Horrorscope came out and in terms of deadliest riffs this album has it. With COMA and Horrorscope they really made a name for them self.

RELIXV is probably their weakest... but still isn't bad. Bloodletting is my personal favorite, its an excellent work out album.. lots of energy and in your face lyrics. Really gets the blood flowing.

I've been listening to Immortalis a lot lately and its really growing on me. Randy Blythe on Skull and Bones gives a really unique feel to a song. With Blitz's high pitch screeches and Randy's deep growls... A perfect blend.

Ugh... Now I'm feeling sick again after they cancelled Overkill in SF... Stupid venue.

Taking Over was fantastic. Electro-Violence, Wrecking Crew, In Union We Stand etc. Probably my favorite by them. UFI, it was well, different I guess. Definitely in a good way though.

Really starting to like BLS, can anyone recommend their best albums to buy?

Tom
Really starting to like BLS, can anyone recommend their best albums to buy?

Its kind of hard to say because they all follow the same principles, and there really isn't that much change from album to album.

Mafia and Order of the Black are probably my favorites... But Shot to Hell, Sonic Brew and Stronger then Death are all real good too.

Hangover Music and Blessed Hellride got some good **** on those two and are both hugely popular amongst BLS fans. Skullage is also a nice piece, its kind of a best of with most of their popular stuff plus 4 Acoustic versions of previous released BLS stuff and Machine Gun Man from Zakk Wylde's earlier solo days. All of its studio done with BLS. I almost do suggest Skullage and work from there.

Yes, definitely Order of the Black! When I saw them live they played songs from that album. Totally kicked butt. :lol:

Back