The Metal ThreadMusic 

Has anyone heard of Mnemic? I only discovered them and oh my god :dopey::dopey: I am in love!! Check em out if you havent

Me me! I'm a Mnemic fan, although I prefer Micheal Bogballe era. Still didn't gave a listen to their latest album, Mnemesis. I heard there were some line up changes, though. :indiff:

Oh and as anyone gave a listen to the new Periphery album? Album of the year to me. It's amazingly EPIC!

Me me! I'm a Mnemic fan, although I prefer Micheal Bogballe era. Still didn't gave a listen to their latest album, Mnemesis. I heard there were some line up changes, though. :indiff:

Oh and as anyone gave a listen to the new Periphery album? Album of the year to me. It's amazingly EPIC!

That Summer Slaughter tour that that video mentions sounds awesome. I'd love to see Cannibal Corpse and that Periphery group in one of the concerts of that tour! Sounds like a concert from heaven :drool:.

So the new Baroness album is a bit disappointing.. So time to honor some old stuff.. And by old its off the First EP. Loving the Mastodon Remission shirt.

Completely agree with you. I bought their first two albums from iTunes straight away but then after that they just seemed to have lost something

Lich Kings new album is coming out soon! I'm excited for that one. Not sure if I'll pre-order it..

Last edited:
I don't see what the OP's problem is with Static X and Disturbed, I find them brilliant along with A7X, Limp Bizkit (I suppose they class as an offset of metal), Iron Maiden, Metallica and Lordi.

^ People say those bands are "false metal", I just think they suck are not good.

Anvil's in town tonight.. and Ima go see 'em! \m/

UPDATE:
JUST got back from the Anvil show!! 'Twas awesome.. Only bad part is my legs, ears.. aw heck, my everything hurts! :ouch: lol I got my bud to take a picture with me & Lips, also got my 'Metal on Metal' CD signed... Cool guys, awesome show.. it's 2 AM here now & I am DONE for the night. :lol:

Here's the pic... little hard to see things unfortunately.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Who here has heard of Sylosis? Whats you're opinion on them? They're my favorite band personally. Kind of a mix between Children of Bodom and Trivium I find.

Anthrax.They are coming back down under for the Soundwave festival,can't wait to see them with Joey back in the band.Also Metallica & Slayer are on the bill,3 out of the big 4 isn' bad for us Aussies though.

I don't see what the OP's problem is with Static X and Disturbed, I find them brilliant along with A7X, Limp Bizkit (I suppose they class as an offset of metal)

Because none of the bands you listed there are metal. Just because they draw some (very minor, irrelevant) influences from metal doesn't make them metal. Those bands are all just typical hard rock bands that draw some influences from both hip hop and metal thus the highly popular term Nu Metal. But really, that genre isn't metal. Its just rock with to many influences to classify it under a single thing.

I'm pretty sure we've passed the train of though that Metal is a sub genre of rock. Its completely different, with a completely different mentality on all fronts. And no, the barrier between the genres isn't some invisible line that no one understands. Its pretty definitive and easy to figure out once you've grasped the stylistic ways of the various sub-genres that create both genres.

Anyways... New Ufomammut is out, and its ****ing nuts. Go figure really, can't really expect much less from them.

Also the new Down is a bit disappointing. Phil kind of sounded like ass in it... Maybe its time for Pepper to go back to CoC.

^^^I've seen some tribute bands. Some were really great. Others were a disgrace to humanity. Hopefully you get the first.

Got my hands on the new Witchcraft, came out today (well yesterday now, 21st) and was a bit disappointed. Still got some fine songs on their, but they have so much more potential then what they put out. :/

I know that the OP is against Disturbed, but I have to share this:

they just love their chicken...

Will at least be interesting to see how badly Rick Ruben neuters Iommi.

Almost willing to bet that this doesn't come close to the Heaven and Hell album a few years ago.

I think if they keep Ozzy out of the writing process it could be decent.

Meh... The early Ozzy years were by far the best. But that's because I love Doom. Its weird because every time I listen to some stuff apart of my Thrash/Death metal collection I just think meh... and go back to the slow heavy riffs that created metal. Less speed more weed.

I saw them with Sourvein and Saint Vitus a few weeks ago and it was the greatest thing ever. Matt Pike was there hanging out... So was Liz Buckingham (Electric Wizard) and Jason Landrian (Black Cobra). It was a sick show. To bad Youtube can't pick up just how immense and violent Dave's bass playing is.

Back