The Metal ThreadMusic 

Indeed R.I.P. Dave Brockie. Glad I saw Gwar live back in 2009. Great show and hilarious.

Believe it or not, my mom got me into Gwar :boggled: she saw them back when they were a new band haha.

Don't be in a hurry. Don't skip ahead. If necessary, come back to it later. A hypnotic-like state is the way.

It's a bit like Sigur Ros for metal peoples, and was recorded well before current day pretentious wankers discovered post rock I reckon.

July 14th, 2014.

09633c21-0d7f-4f7a-bbe9-398511a0c3cf-460x460.jpeg

YESSSSSSSSSS

From an album that could have, and maybe should have, been huge. They may have been caught a little awkwardly between LA hard rock and Maiden-ish sensibilities. They even had a trio of guitars.

Last edited:
Track list of the new Priest album.

1. ‘Dragonaut’
2. ‘Redeemer of Souls’
3. ‘Halls of Valhalla’
4. ‘Sword of Damocles’
5. ‘March of the Damned’
6. ‘Down in Flames’
7. ‘Hell & Back’
8. ‘Cold Blooded’
9. ‘Metalizer’
10. ‘Crossfire’
11. ‘Secrets of the Dead’
12. ‘Battle Cry’
13. ‘Beginning of the End’

Bonus Tracks:

‘Snakebite’
‘Tears of Blood’
‘Creatures’
‘Bring It On’
‘Never Forget’

Phil Bozeman is more one of the best vocalist in Metal right now, insane that that skinny guy has such a powerful voice, doing growls without weird tricks with his hands or anything.

Oh, and Slice the Cake are working on a new album this year, beyond stoked!

Last edited:
I listen to metal too! Some of the bands I listen to:

Dragonforce (Look out for their new album!)
Dream Theater
Mastodon
Metallica
Megadeth
Sonata Artica
Scar Symmetry

etc etc...

Do you usually go there?
I went every year (from 2009), only missing last year's. Not sure I'll make it this year, too. 👎

It's my first time goinig. Last year me and my girlfriend almost went there. Usually in this period we're out in vacation or working.

I really want to see Opeth, Epica, Behemoth and Kreator. :)

Opeth is always a great show to watch - I've seen them 3 times, I think.

Behemoth and Kreator should be great, too. 👍

Gojira is playing tomorrow in a club relatively close to my place.

Their only 'single' concert in Poland for years.
And it's not gonna happen for centuries again.

AND I CAN'T GO :_C

Didin't knew you like Moonspell Ricardo, From your counrty I'm listening Corpus Christii, Morte Incandescente, Ars Diavoli, Lux Ferre and a few more.

Behemoth and Kreator are great, saw these bands live many times.

Are there any REAL metallers here that listen to true metal. None of that Korn, Static X, Disturbed crap :yuck:

If so what do you listen to? What r ur favourites?

I listen to all metal, from heavy to death. and many bands from those categories.

Love that right there. I laugh everytime I see some dude pretending to be a tough metal head and all they hear is Static X and similar crap. Ugh! Can't stand that band in particular.

I've always favored metal over other music. My top favorite bands are:

-Metallica. Even though they are very tired and Jame's voice is pretty much gone, this is the band I grew up with since the 80's until current times. Even with the hate given after Load and Re-Load (Albums that contrary to many ungrateful fans, I find incredibly well done, especially Load), I always mention them first when I'm asked what music I listen to. the only album I didn't like was Death Magnetic. It sounds like they tried too hard.

-Rammstein. Another band I've followed since their beginnings. Very different from what a trash lover would listen to, but being from a family of artists and musicians, I appreciate creativity, talent and uniqueness. Rammstein is one of those bands that have their distinct signature, making them unique. And also, the rawness of their music is something very delightful.

-A Perfect Circle. Of the three bands that Maynard James leads; Tool, A Perfect Circle and Puscifer, I think A Perfect Circle is the best. Another perfect example of uniqueness. Their tunes hit me right in my soul's frequency. Simply... Perfect.

-Slayer. The true kings of Trash. Not even the years have managed to soften them up. Whenever I'm pissed at the world, nothing better than South of Heaven, Raining Blood, or Bloodline to release some stress.

-Epica. Because I love complex stuff and female voices on heavy rock. Evanescence? What is that $hit?

-Nightwish.
Read above.

-Lacrimosa. Hurray for true Goth metal!! I actually had the honor to see them live :D

-Judas Priest. Do I really need to explain myself with this one? This is one band that gets better the older they get.

-Morbid Angel. Because I like heavy Satanic stuff too. This is probably one of the heaviest bands I've heard that actually make music unlike that brutal grind bands crap. Covenant was probably their best material and the most blasphemous album I've ever heard. I love it!!

-Gorefest.
A band within the limits between trash and death metal. They do it better than any I've heard. Erase is probably my favorite material from this band.

I am very tolerant towards music in general if it's actually creative and original and not made to appeal the masses. I like other bands too and many independent composers, but I would never finish this post if I mentioned them all.

Nice to read that you're listening Gorefest HuskyGT, saw them live during the Mindloss-False-Erase era. The early Morbid Angel albums, I've listened them hundreds of times. Slayer yes, one of my first lp was Show No Mercy.

Back