The Metal ThreadMusic 

con9028.jpg

Megadeth concert in Moscow, this Tuesday: I'm coming!
CGKZ4mdVPkE.jpg

-Morbid Angel. Because I like heavy Satanic stuff too. This is probably one of the heaviest bands I've heard that actually make music unlike that brutal grind bands crap. Covenant was probably their best material and the most blasphemous album I've ever heard. I love it!!

-Gorefest.
A band within the limits between trash and death metal. They do it better than any I've heard. Erase is probably my favorite material from this band.
Tough call between Erase and False as Gorefest's best. 👍

I saw Morbid Angel live in 2011. Freaking. Amazing. David Vincent and Trey Azagthoth have such a fantastic presence on stage. Fantastic show.

Ah Dave, I can't take you seriously after watching The Big Four and hearing your voice turn into a cat's meow every time you went in to your upper register.

Somewhat Megadeth related, from a not particularly well known album produced by Marty Friedman: An instrumental with some very nice synced and harmonised guitar work with a crazy little tremolo piece at 2:03.

The rest of the album has vocals, but this one more than any other song shows the distinctive playing style that they and Cacophony had, Jeff Loomis kind of has, and that also turned up in one bit on the Giana Sisters - Twisted Dreams game.

The fact that Dave Mustardstain won't play certain tracks based on him being a born again now is a bit silly.
True. The Conjuring is probably my favourite Megadeth song but they will never play it again :( I don't see what the point is. Iron Maiden can play Number Of The Beast even though Nicko Mc Brain is newborn christian, why can't Megadeth play them then?

The riff starting from 3:00 is one of the best in the business!

All I can say is I like Megadeth's music but Dave as a person... not so much. (Don't hate him either of course)

Actually all of Iron Maiden either were already Christians are or born-again Christians. Always have been.

But anyways. Listened to Priest's new album Redeemer of Souls the other day. Solid 8.5/10, would listen to again. Some very strong tracks on that album, very moving. When Rob doesn't push it, he sounds just like he did in the 80s. Awesome.

Vagos Open Air 2014

Day1:

Soil Work
Epica
Kreator

Day2:

Behemoth
Annihilator
Opeth

Day3:

Murk (a portuguese band - good stuff)
Paradise Lost
Gojira

My favorites were Behemoth, Opeth, Epica and Gojira

Great stuff and a great time. :)

I love melodic death metal!

Have you heard Lunarsea?

Or parasite inc.?

Yes, a very good sound. Although my favourites are the big 3 from Gothenburg - At The Gates, Dark Tranquillity and In Flames.

Insomnium's latest album is definitely worth a listen, if you haven't already.

I have the insomnium album, I haven't really got around to listening to it in depth though.

I love the Gothenburg sound too, I think Soilwork has got to be my fave.

It's a great album, I love it.

Yes, Soilwork are really good, my favourite is probably In Flames up until Clayman. Only For The Weak is probably the best MDM song of all time, in my opinion.

Can't wait until that new Criminal. Anton Reisenegger's voice is shot though. Can't even tell wtf he's saying anymore.

Anyone else excited for the new Acid King album that's right around the corner?

Acid-King-Cover-Art.jpg

It has been a solid ten years since III came into town, so needless to say that the hype is real. It took me too long to discover Acid King (let alone Electric Wizard), but I can already tell it's going to be great. It has been brewing pretty much ten solid years now, so I have high hopes. A Bay Area band that's pretty darn local for me - I can't wait for this sucker on vinyl.

"This music that we’ve been playing for so long, that was initially obscure and underground, seemed to grow over these past 10 years and the timing was right to release this now!" -Lori S.

Some Acid King to pass the time.

More awesomeness: Last year I discovered this amazing technical Death band called Beyond Creation. Damn these guys are freaking amazing. This is probably their best song, and what I consider a masterpiece:

That bass, man!!! This is my "driving to work" song XD

Another band with very few songs I've also discovered recently. This is some sort of Symphonic/Black/Extreme/Technical Death blend. But holy crap, this song is amazing. So dark, so deep. You can't really get stronger than this. Simply beautiful:

Last edited:
I have so many different metal bands that I listen to, it is really hard to name them all. I will just name a few.

Iron Maiden
Sadistik Exekution
Killswitch Engage
Slipknot
Chelsea Grin
Nightwish
Children of Bodom
5FDP (the old stuff)
Deicide
Sepultura
Behemoth
Gorgoroth
Condemned
White Chapel
Slayer
Last days of Humanity (rarely)
Dragonforce
System of a Down (maybe not metal, but meh)
Obituary
Rob Zombie
White Zombie
and many more...

Basically I listen to every different type of metal ranging from Goregrind to Symphonic metal. Recently I have started listening to stuff by Condemned and I have started like some of the Brutal-slamming-death-metal. I really like Thrash metal, eg: Sadistik Exekution. I have also went to the very limits of what can be called music in terms of heaviness and shear brutality, and I found a one-man-band named Bodily Wastes (not for the feint hearted), and a bit below that is a band named Candial Vulvovaginitis (again not for the feint hearted). These bands, however, may not be called musical: I think that they are more just organised noise, but it is all a matter of opinion. I much prefer stuff from Killswitch Engage and White Chapel.

Can anyone suggest any more brutal metal that I should listen to?

A few of my suggestions. I don't know what you or anyone else considers brutal, but if you like thrash, sludge, and/or acid/'stoner' metal I'll bet you'll like these tracks/albums.

Figured I'd throw in some more Acid King on this page.

Try these:

Born of Osiris
Austrian Death Machine (BRUTAL!:lol:)
Amon Amarth
Meshuggah (the audio mix on their recent live album "Alive" is the definition of brutal; seriously, they sound like a hydraulic press, relentlessly stamping out parts in a factory that builds Terminators)

Last edited:
I consider myself lucky to have been to some great concerts through the years. Metallica in '97 was special, only a few hundred was allowed entrance to that club gig.
They played ten tracks for us.

I've been to Judas Priest, Megadeth,
King Diamond, Rush, Testament, Pain, Alice Cooper, Candlemass, Danko Jones.

I had a ticket to go see Dio before all of his shows were cancelled due to the cancer. I will always be saddened that I never got to see that
brilliant musician play live.

Ozzy came to my city a while back but I missed that unfortunately.

A dream of mine would be to see Tony Iommi play some time.
And I wish I could have seen Gary Moore before he died.

I have two tickets already for 2015, I will be going to Marilyn Manson and later to Robert Plant! That should be epic.

Edit:
I went to see ZZ Top about a year ago. Some good tunes but the stage show was awful.

I consider myself lucky to have been to some great concerts through the years. Metallica in '97 was special, only a few hundred was allowed entrance to that club gig.
They played ten tracks for us.

I've been to Judas Priest, Megadeth,
King Diamond, Rush, Testament, Pain, Alice Cooper, Candlemass, Danko Jones.

I had a ticket to go see Dio before all of his shows were cancelled due to the cancer. I will always be saddened that I never got to see that
brilliant musician play live.

Ozzy came to my city a while back but I missed that unfortunately.

A dream of mine would be to see Tony Iommi play some time.
And I wish I could have seen Gary Moore before he died.

I have two tickets already for 2015, I will be going to Marilyn Manson and later to Robert Plant! That should be epic.

Edit:
I went to see ZZ Top about a year ago. Some good tunes but the stage show was awful.

One of the best shows I ever had the privilege of seeing was GWAR. Talk about an amazing stage show! For the first few minutes I genuinely believed that I was going to die from sensory overload -the lights, the noise the larger than life costumes, the smoke, and being moved around, crushed and suffocated by the crowd around you - all while being blasted in the face with fake blood from the Pope who was just beheaded on stage!

Let's not forget the giant freaking dinosaur.

By the end of the show I was hoarse, deaf and my white shirt was stained every color imaginable. Also my right hand was frozen in the "horns" position.

The other was Devin Townsend. This guy is a genius and his voice is amazing (IMO one of the best Metal voices ever). Hearing him do it live was an incredibly powerful experience.

RIP Oderus.

Last edited:
Back