YSSMAN
2011 Nissan Juke - It Rhymes With Puke.
Lesson in Fuke'd Up Design 101

11-nissan-juke-pressopt.jpg

500x_nissan_juke_3.jpg

500x_nissan_juke_1.jpg

500x_nissan_juke_4.jpg

Check out the Autoblog Details

So, its smaller than the "actually rather good" Rogue? While being more like a "sports car?" Hmmmm. I wonder if they realized they made a rolling version of Trollface:

Trool.gif

Still, I like small AWD crossover thingies. I just wonder if it actually looks good in person. Probably not.

Holy hell! This is too futuristic. If they are actually going to sell these, then that will get hardly no where. That model won't last long probably. If Nissan is going to stay up, they have to keep fighting to it.

Wow, they actually found a way to make an uglier version of a Kia Soul. It's like they expanded the top half of a Soul body and recreated the headlights. Bleh!

That looks a lot better than the currant Murano.

I'm going to stick my head out and say I like it, like I did with the Panamera.

I'm glad car design is finally going somewhere. I love it... looks fantastic. 👍

Edit: I think though, they could have improved more on the interior. The rear lights might also appear better as clear LED's.

Last edited:
...So I'm the only one who likes it?

Apparently not. I think it's fantastic.

That looks a lot better than the currant Murano.

+100000. The current Murano is a Dali-esque melted watch version of the original... this one has a sharp edge all its own.

I'm going to stick my head out and say I like it, like I did with the Panamera.

-100000000000. The Panamera is still an uninspired, soulless turd of a design. It's like Porsche went and said... can we ruin the corporate look even further than we did with the Cayenne? And then they went and did it.

Yes... I've seen it in person. Yes, I still hate it.

The Panamera design tries to adapt a look that works for a slim-hipped, low-slung, rear-engined car... which is only slim-hipped and low-slung because it's a rear-engined car and there are no meaty bits to push the bodywork up off the ground in the front... to a car that is anything but slim-hipped or low-slung, with an engine in the front.

It's like trying to adapt Chevrolet Corvette styling to a Chevrolet Cobalt. You know it's not going to work... so why even try?

It's almost a Fiat Multipla gone wrong.

Its two sets of seemingly dominant headlamps really reminded me of the Multipla. I don't know which ones to expect to come on as the primary headlights.

I like it otherwise. It's a very youthfully crafted shape, quite progressive. Good stuff 👍

The poor little guy doesn't have a face... Without any real headlights that stand out, the front end looks like the butt end just as much as the rear.

If it had a front that didn't look like it belongs on the back of a car... Well, I can't say I'd like it either. The front distracts a lot from the rest of the body and interior which seems like a pretty meh mix of good and bad.

Looks like a Subaru Tribeca and a Nissan Murano had sex, than when this was born the doctor dropped it on the floor.:yuck:

...So I'm the only one who likes it?

No. I quite like it too. I also like that it's being built nearby to where I live - secures thousands of local jobs.

I disagree that it looks better than the Murano, but it certainly looks better than the Qashqai, which is the automotive equivalent of drizzle.

I quite like it, but I've no idea why. Though I keep having to remind myself that Peugeot had nothing to do with the front end. And that side profile is going to take a while to grow on me.

No. I quite like it too. I also like that it's being built nearby to where I live - secures thousands of local jobs.

This is true. But by that logic I should like Emmerdale and Morrisons. Which I do not.

This is true. But by that logic I should like Emmerdale and Morrisons. Which I do not.

Emmerdale secures a select few jobs for a select few distinctly average actors and actresses. On economic stability it's not exactly a big player...

Emmerdale secures a select few jobs for a select few distinctly average actors and actresses. On economic stability it's not exactly a big player...

To be honest it's pretty hard coming up with Leeds based industries. It was either Emmerdale or Tetley's bitter, who I have little against. Or ASDA, but since 1999 they've been about as British as Pamela Anderson.

This gonna be in Chicago? May be something for me to look into when I get up there this weekend. (I think)

Oddly enough, the more I look at it, the more I like it. The bulging fenders and gray cladding give it a somewhat off-road feel, yet it still looks sporty. If it were to come with a decent engine and a manual (with the AWD), then I would certainly consider buying one!

Re the front end: If it were up to me, I would dump the lights on top of the fenders, narrow the grille to fit between the two circular lights (which would then become the headlights), and move them up a couple inches.

This thing is sweet Brad, how dare you say it rhymes with puke. It looks like something they would campaign in the Dakar rally.

For some reason, I do kind of like it. Maybe it because it would be fun to make it a massive RC car and have a few mates around to go race them on a tract or something.

The front end is really confusing to look at too, with the two sets of headlight.

It reminds me of some sort of Japanese cartoon of a happy fat kid's face lol

Attachments

• Nissan artwork.png
    Nissan artwork.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 17
Nissan's very own Aztec. Horribly ugly with those fog lights where a normal car would have the regular lights. Headlights have no bussiness being that far back or high up.

Aw. Cursed Swiss. *shakes fist. >X*

I'm not sure, I kinda like it, but the first time I see one coming at me at night, my opinion will likely change to the "as bad as a Chevy Silverado" category

Back