• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,228 comments
Some 'ingame camera only' shots from Magik on the WMD forum:

iNzXzkfgtpfG5.jpg

i6ZSRzqZSLqxj.jpg

iUYYZeZlhFzOs.jpg

iXobal1CZkcXS.jpg

isSvLEghqx1jj.jpg

Ignore the unfinished/WIP rain effects of course but this should appease some of those who say the game only looks great from certain camera angles when taking photos.

That liverys give a game an extra plus for me. Even though it is the same car, it feels great to race against them with different liveries.

They got Monaco in the game? Its nice to see that Pcars have tons of tracks in the game. I miss that in AC I must say. Even though mods are possible, I cant imagine that fan made tracks are 100% accurate.

too many V8 in the GT serie ATM... too bad the RUF GT is not a pure old school flat-6... it misses in the overall sound mix of this serie.

Too bad that you always have to find something that is too bad. Its not a Porsche, so why on earth should it have a flat 6?! Also the car in an amazing example of the vehicle modeller and the WMD members designing the car hand in hand and with it, pcars will have by far the most interesting and diverse GT3 field in any game. Yet you come in and do nothing but boohoo. Dude. :rolleyes:

omfg Ginetta G20s and the new Clio Cup cars :drool:

One of those 911s should be Carrera Cup spec so all we need is the Ginetta G40 and Formula Ford and we've got the whole BTCC support package. Then of course we'll just need the BTCC :lol:

That GT3 modified RUF... I love when race cars with the large vent in the bonnet that gets radiator air out the top efficiently, like the SLS AMG GT3. Perfect example of Function=Form.

Admit it, This car is only here to give the appearance that Porsche is in the GT serie in Project Cars with its unmistakable shape which will appeal to the common customers. Unfortunately for us it's one of these RUF that don't have the signature sound of the legendary (but imposible to licence) brand... just saying, no need to be rude as usual... and FYI, my remark was more for the GT in general (the real serie), too much Truck sound today, not enough pure racing higher pitcher (like the Lambo and the Ferrari)...

Too bad that you always have to find something that is too bad. Its not a Porsche, so why on earth should it have a flat 6?! Also the car in an amazing example of the vehicle modeller and the WMD members designing the car hand in hand and with it, pcars will have by far the most interesting and diverse GT3 field in any game. Yet you come in and do nothing but boohoo. Dude. :rolleyes:

Admit it, This car is only here to give the appearance that Porsche is in the GT serie in Project Cars with its unmistakable shape which will appeal to the common customers. Unfortunately for us it's one of these RUF that don't have the signature sound of the legendary (but imposible to licence) brand... just saying, no need to be rude as usual... and FYI, my remark was more for the GT in general (the real serie), too much Truck sound today, not enough pure racing higher pitcher (like the Lambo and the Ferrari)...
It's not to give an "appearance" at all. RUF's are awesome cars, arguably better than their original counterparts, and while Porsche itself would be a great manufacturer to have featured, I don't believe RUF just to be a place filler.

It's not to give an "appearance" at all. RUF's are awesome cars, arguably better than their original counterparts, and while Porsche itself would be a great manufacturer to have featured, I don't believe RUF just to be a place filler.
Porsche has been my favourite marque since childhood but if I was in the market for one I'd be looking at a Ruf. Having Ruf's in a game is a tremendous asset, even insinuating it's a placeholder indicates a total lack of knowledge on the subject of Porsche and cars in general.

Sorry to disagree, Johnny but just compare the history of the 2 brands... one is a racing legend with historic victories counting in the hundreds, the other is only known for the yellowbird. 'nough said.

Porsche has been my favourite marque since childhood but if I was in the market for one I'd be looking at a Ruf. Having Ruf's in a game is a tremendous asset, even insinuating it's a placeholder indicates a total lack of knowledge on the subject of Porsche and cars in general.

Sorry to disagree, Johnny but just compare the history of the 2 brands... one is a racing legend with historic victories counting in the hundreds, the other is only known for the yellowbird. 'nough said.

You misunderstand the context of my response.

I keep my point of view, The GT3 RUF is only in the game as a placeholder because EA is a greedy company. If the Porsche licence was not exclusive, there would have been no Ruf in project Cars (or other games like AC or Iracing)... All 3 games have a GT racing modified RUF only to replace the Porsche GT.

I keep my point of view, The GT3 RUF is only in the game as a placeholder because EA is a greedy company. If the Porsche licence was not exclusive, there would have been no Ruf in project Cars (or other games like AC or Iracing)... All 3 games have a GT racing modified RUF only to replace the Porsche GT.
You are entitled to that opinion, after all, it's your loss.

I believe RUF is a valuable addition, regardless of Porsche being in the game or not.

I agree that Ruf deserves respect, but they (and Gemballa) are rather transparently used to "replace" Porsche in videogames. It is what it is. On the Internet Game Cars Database, the only listed game with a Ruf that dates prior to the EA-Porsche deal is Test Drive II from 1989, back when the CTR made a splash.

As I said in another thread here, I just wish Ruf made cars out of other platforms like the 914 or 944.

I agree that Ruf deserves respect, but they (and Gemballa) are rather transparently used to "replace" Porsche in videogames. It is what it is. On the Internet Game Cars Database, the only listed game with a Ruf that dates prior to the EA-Porsche deal is Test Drive II from 1989, back when the CTR made a splash.

As I said in another thread here, I just wish Ruf made cars out of other platforms like the 914 or 944.
That's a great point, I do wonder though, if the whole EA thing ended and Porsche were able to be licensed, do you think RUF would continue to be featured in future titles?

And so what? There is no possibility to get a Porsche GT3 so the two options are: 1) get the next best thing in the game or 2) cry like a spoiled baby about the fact that you cant get Porsche. 1) is what game developpers are doing (thankfully) and 2) is what you re doing now. Getting the Ruf GT3 in makes a lot of people happy and you make it sound like thats a bad thing and foul play from the game developers. :banghead:

And by the way: Your opinion isnt universal. Since I grew up loving muscle cars I ll take a V8 "truck sound" (what an ignorant comment) over a V12 any day.

I wonder when the EA Porsche license is over? I heared it will end 2013? So they signed a new contract? Pretty stupid from Porsche to miss all that great opportunities to advertise their cars in a lot of great games. Instead they give their license to a company that makes ****ed up ugly buggy games.

Latest Posts

Back