The Project CARS Photo Pron Thread

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,228 comments
I keep my point of view, The GT3 RUF is only in the game as a placeholder because EA is a greedy company. If the Porsche licence was not exclusive, there would have been no Ruf in project Cars (or other games like AC or Iracing)... All 3 games have a GT racing modified RUF only to replace the Porsche GT.
I don't know if you are aware of this but EA is not a charity or a philanthropic organization. They are in business to make money and exclusive licenses are a part of that. You think SMS wouldn't take an exclusive license on one or more of the marques in the game? Of course they would if they thought it would make financial sense to do so. Sucks for me because I happen not to enjoy EA racing games but that's life.

So the logical choice if you can't get Porsche is which:

1. Include Rufs.
2. Do not include Rufs.

The choice is obvious.

That's a great point, I do wonder though, if the whole EA thing ended and Porsche were able to be licensed, do you think RUF would continue to be featured in future titles?
Ruf makes as much sense as any other featured "tuner" cars (I'm aware they're actually a manufacturer, not a tuning company), so they could remain relevant for any game about roadcars. Probably no more GT3-ified cars like this one, though. :)
Since I grew up loving muscle cars I ll take a V8 "truck sound" (what an ignorant comment) over a V12 any day.
Oh, I missed that part of his post.

@Dude27 -- The RGT-8's V8 isn't a grumbly cross-plane crankshaft, it's a flat-plane crankshaft like Ferrari's screaming V8s, as I mentioned yesterday. I don't know of a lot of trucks that sound like this.

It's unfortunate that Porsche isn't seen outside of EA... but it isn't a massive deal breaker. Motor racing is bigger than one long running brand. RUF is the most appropriate available option to SMS and other developers, it would be a mistake to not take advantage.

You dance with the women who are available... So, RUF is the younger and less successful sister; who cares... she's still gorgeous. And more importantly available.

It's unfortunate that Porsche isn't seen outside of EA... but it isn't a massive deal breaker. Motor racing is bigger than one long running brand. RUF is the most appropriate available option to SMS and other developers, it would be a mistake to not take advantage.

You dance with the women who are available... So, RUF is the younger and less successful sister; who cares... she's still gorgeous. And more importantly available.
Great analogy :)

Almost identical curves too in this case.:D

Just for info, make no mistake, I think it's good that we can have a RUF GT in Project CARS, my rant was more on the engine choice (oh Yeah... another V8 :odd:), I think they have a signature flat-6 on the RUF GT in Iracing (from the sound I heard on some videos).

1401488669-pcars-2014-05-30-16-59-28-418.jpg

Last edited:
On the whole RUF topic, I wonder if their appearances in all of these racing games has affected sales. I wonder because tvr said at one point grand turismo was a huge help in keeping them afloat after gt1 and 2.

That shot came out better than I expected. There is a small problem with the windows that I didn't notice at first, but everyone seems to love that shot.

Why does is say Michelin on the car and Masculine on the tires?
Also is it always raining in this game or something jeeze
I would assume it's because when you license a race car you get the sponsor logos of that team as part of the livery, but in terms of the tires in the game, they won't have the licence from Michelin directly for that.

Back