The Realistic Photo Thread (READ OP BEFORE POSTING)

• Thread starter ECGadget
  • 8,940 comments
cb4SilverstoneStoweCirc.jpg

How do people get pictures like these? Absolutely amazing. I try to get good shots with reflection, or the sun glinting off of it. But as soon as I go into photo mode. Everything becomes potato. Lol

@Cole Brown

Practice.. practice.. practice. . And take any constructive criticism to heart. Many many moons ago I had the same thoughts as you.. I would say I still do. And also keep in mind that many of the really amazing shots are also edited with outside software.

Thanks @driftinziggy I have read "Practice.. practice.. practice." so much today just browsing threads be it about S licences or Drifting, I hope it don't hear someone say it today. Lol

So what will people do? Basically turn the F-Stop all the way up so nothing will be blurry, and then set the Shutter Speed to what they want to get the desired depth of motion? And so on, to PS they go? I had considered taking it to Photoshop before. I guess I will try this weekend. What's your PSN?

Edit: OHHH! I thought when I read the rules in regards to no cartoony effects and such, I thought it was regarding any editing at all, so I thought editing wasn't allowed. Lol

Thanks @driftinziggy I have read "Practice.. practice.. practice." so much today just browsing threads be it about S licences or Drifting, I hope it don't hear someone say it today. Lol

So what will people do? Basically turn the F-Stop all the way up so nothing will be blurry, and then set the Shutter Speed to what they want to get the desired depth of motion? And so on, to PS they go? I had considered taking it to Photoshop before. I guess I will try this weekend. What's your PSN?

Edit: OHHH! I thought when I read the rules in regards to no cartoony effects and such, I thought it was regarding any editing at all, so I thought editing wasn't allowed. Lol
The F Stop/Shutter speed/Exposure all play a part in making your shot .. Also use the lighting from the track or even the lack of it to get a certain look. Background can also make or break a photo. Be aware of objects in the background either causing a distraction or a pole jetting out from behind your car. I used to edit photos with Picmonkey. I have not posted any of my GT6 pics but I have a GT 5 gallery https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...llery-september-24th-gallery-overload.243929/ that you are welcome to check out.
My gamer tag is the same as my GTP name.

@Mods..Sorry if this is an off topic post instead of PMing

Just noticed my last set from GT5 was posted in Sep. 2013..been too long GTP PM community.

Last edited:
OMFG!!! The incredible Driftinziggy!!!:bowdown: YAAAY!!!
I did not save our photoshoot, (Duh) and was too embarrassed to tell you.:nervous: Major disappointment.:dunce:

-Don't have the color handy, I'm at work. I will surely get back to you.👍 And Thank You for the kind words.:)

Far too long Driftin.

Back