The Realistic Photo Thread

• Thread starter Omamder5
  • 24,078 comments
I absolutely love the photos, but I need some advice on how to take those darker or faded shots. First thing is I have no experience with photoshopping and last time I tried.....well let's just say it didn't turn out so good. When I take a photo I use this setup:
16:9 range
45.0 for the clearetty(unless I want a "speed" shot if you know what I mean)
8000 SS(unless I want a "speed" shot)
and if I use a tint on the photo I normally use Warm,Cool,and Monochrome mostly. It would be a great help if you can give me some advice!! Here's my Flickr page so you can see some of my work(it's not all in there yet) www.Flickr.com/#/photo/carfanatic45

nrburgring24h2copia2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

nrburgringnordschleife1wp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Holy hell man! Ya, your settings ate all sorts of whacked out...

I've been thing if putting together a "tutorial" thread of my own out here (in addition to some of the VERY lengthy one already in existence).

Idk apparently there is still an interest from people on topics not quite covered fully in other areas of GTp...

Andrezz
Before, I was jawdropping over this thread. Now I'm only laughing at it how stupid it has become... sad but true :indiff:

I was thinking that same thing earlier today. Its now like the "how many pics can I post in one day" thread.

And I haven't even been here a week! But did thoroughly peruse this thread before posting and subscribing.

Last edited by a moderator:
smskeeter23
Holy hell man! Ya, your settings ate all sorts of whacked out...

I've been thing if putting together a "tutorial" thread of my own out here (in addition to some of the VERY lengthy one already in existence).

Idk apparently there is still an interest from people on topics not quite covered fully in other areas of GTp...

Well if you looked at my link just about 75% of the photos use that setup and it seems to be working out pretty good so far, I just wanted to figure out how to get the lighting to work like on the Subaru Impreza race car photo a page or 2 back. But I'll be looking for your thread, thanks!

I think lately, yea, a lot of pics have thrown the "realistic" approach to the wolves, so to speak lol. If I am in any way one of the offenders, please guys, let me know. :nervous:👍

Well this will be my first attempt at this :)
Hope you guys like it 👍

6886390481_c67d8ac1a7.jpg

6886390711_7850ac7137.jpg

Would love to get some feedback and advice, thanks :)

Back