The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

• Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,369 comments
half_spike_2_by_smashinator-d64qehn.png

left_4_derp_by_smashinator-d4koh7z.jpg

applejack_and_big_macintosh_by_dm29-d4x2iux.png

Having watched the first few minutes of the Rainbow Rocks movie that Hasbro has released, I can safely say there is nothing more moe than reformed but insecure Sunset Shimmer.

Hub Network re-branding is immanent. Hasbro's reduced involvement could lead to FiM getting a new home at some point, not that it'll have much bearing on viewership. Especially outside the US.
Thats great, for me. In my sight, Hub currently, is expensive, hilariously exclusive, and its distribution that didnt even care to outside US.

Then again, if this show is now on CN, then, while the work environment will be better, the show itself will be facing a direct competition with other similarly good/popular show like Adventure time and Steven Universe

So Equestria Daily has posted LOADS of Rainbow Rocks screencaps (WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD). My thoughts:
(white texts, highlight, spoilers and stuff)
Lyra is actually in the movie? About time. Though I doubt they'll do anything with her fan interpretation, with the whole human thing. Nor will I think Bon Bon's voice will constantly change. It does in the parody videos.
DERPY. That is all.
And Maud. Guess you can't have Rainbow Rock without Maud.
Daft Punk Rarity. I have no comment.
Star Swirl?
Bulk Biceps on... violin? Okay. Not something I'd expect from him. Yeah?
Slumber party or something... I guess?

So... Twilight and Brad... I mean Flash Sentry broke up? What happen?
Don't know what to say about that crystal statue.
Twilight in glasses. I don't know.
I like Trixie's dress.
So Twilight and Flash will have some kind of romance in the movie? Yay? And then they break up? I wonder why. Maybe because Dazzlings.

No, I don't think Rarity will run over Brad with his car.
And I don't think Maud and Pinkie will ever play Taco Monopoly.
Oh yeah, the new characters that have appeared alongside Photo Finish. I guess they're in a band with her.

And now with all of these clips and screencaps, I'm pretty sure I've seen the whole movie by now.

Last edited:
Hub Network re-branding is immanent. Hasbro's reduced involvement could lead to FiM getting a new home at some point, not that it'll have much bearing on viewership. Especially outside the US.

Interesting. Obviously, the biggest question is who would be the most likely to get it? Maybe its just me after hearing that rumor a few years ago, but the only one I really am looking at as potentially the one that could have it is Disney.

So Equestria Daily has posted LOADS of Rainbow Rocks screencaps (WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD). My thoughts:
(white texts, highlight, spoilers and stuff)
Lyra is actually in the movie? About time. Though I doubt they'll do anything with her fan interpretation, with the whole human thing. Nor will I think Bon Bon's voice will constantly change. It does in the parody videos.
DERPY. That is all.
And Maud. Guess you can't have Rainbow Rock without Maud.
Star Swirl?
Bulk Biceps on... violin? Okay. Not something I'd expect from him. Yeah?
Slumber party or something... I guess?

So... Twilight and Brad... I mean Flash Sentry broke up? What happen?
Don't know what to say about that crystal statue.
Twilight in glasses. I don't know.
I like Trixie's dress.
So Twilight and Flash will have some kind of romance in the movie? Yay? And then they break up? I wonder why. Maybe because Dazzlings.

No, I don't think Rarity will run over Brad with his car.
And I don't think Maud and Pinkie will ever play Taco Monopoly.
Oh yeah, the new characters that have appeared alongside Photo Finish. I guess they're in a band with her.

And now with all of these clips and screencaps, I'm pretty sure I've seen the whole movie by now.
2.jpeg

Wow, RD becomes a deity figure now? Ship just gone real bro.

Interesting. Obviously, the biggest question is who would be the most likely to get it? Maybe its just me after hearing that rumor a few years ago, but the only one I really am looking at as potentially the one that could have it is Disney.

Some European countries show FiM on what would otherwise be Hub Network's rival channels in the US, like Nick and Disney (and one of the Cartoon Network channels in the UK for a short time). But with Discovery Family retaining a 6 hour slot for cartoons (which also includes FiM's traditional late-morning time slot), there may never be a move.

As for Disney, their has been a recent partnership deal between them and Hasbro for the rights to develop Frozen dolls. Though Mattel hold those rights until 2016. I suppose that could be taken as a sign that Hasbro want closer ties with them to strengthen the girl side of their toy division. Not sure if that could lead to a deal where shows like MLP get a cosy slot on Disney channels in the States soon.

tumblr_inline_nb30r0zljD1smwfkq.gif

They really have released the entire thing over the course of 6 months.

Last edited:
Some European countries show FiM on what would otherwise be Hub Network's rival channels in the US, like Nick and Disney (and one of the Cartoon Network channels in the UK for a short time). But with Discovery Family retaining a 6 hour slot for cartoons (which also includes FiM's traditional late-morning time slot), there may never be a move.

Oh, completely missed that. But then what would be the point?

As for Disney, their has been a recent partnership deal between them and Hasbro for the rights to develop Frozen dolls. Though Mattel hold those rights until 2016. I suppose that could be taken as a sign that Hasbro want closer ties with them to strengthen the girl side of their toy division. Not sure if that could lead to a deal where shows like MLP get a cosy slot on Disney channels in the States soon.

Come to think about it, Hasbro already has abit of ties with Disney prior to Frozen through Star Wars as Hasbro made a lot of the toys (mostly the electronic or battery operated ones, along with the Stars themed park which have shelves filed with them) and ironically, Disney now owns Lucasfilm. So it definitely seems like that odds are looking about more likely.

Last edited:
Oh, completely missed that. But then what would be the point?

Depends if companies like Disney or Time Warner would be willing to partner up if it means bigger profits, with the potential for increased viewership on a more prominent kids channel.

Even if they're making enough through merch as it is, I doubt they'd decline an offer if it benefits them more financially.

Last edited:

tumblr_inline_nb30r0zljD1smwfkq.gif

They really have released the entire thing over the course of 6 months.
It is now really happened:
www.equestriadaily.com/2014/09/the-hub-officially-becoming-discovery.html?m=1

Very good impact....on the international market because you know Discovery kids still airing outside US. So they can unite instead of being spread into many other channels and finally can slip in the show on it.

And now Rainbow Rocks finally releases tomorrow. I found some fairly close theaters playing it, but I may or may not see it. Regardless, I will probably get the DVD when it comes out next month.

And it looks like I'll get to see it tomorrow, assuming everything goes as planned. I screwed up the times today, so tomorrow is my best chance. Nobody cares, right? Now that the movie has actually released, I'm no longer open about spoilers. Here's what I've heard (potential spoilers):
"Trixie is our hero". Probably just another typical Equestria Daily post.

Stay after the end credits, says Meghan McCarthy. Apparently there's something. I know of the whole Derpy muffin thing going on in the first one, but I never thought about that until just now. I don't consider this a spoiler. I don't even know what's there. I hope it's ZXInsanity. But I doubt it.

Last edited:
Okay, so if I'm hearing this right....

At the end there was a teaser for a THIRD EQG movie??? Why. Whyyy. Why why why why. When are they going to do something else - ANYTHING else?

Disclosure: I've never liked EQG but I know others here like it, which is cool. I just wish they would do something else for the big screen - just for ONCE.

Okay, so if I'm hearing this right....

At the end there was a teaser for a THIRD EQG movie??? Why. Whyyy. Why why why why. When are they going to do something else - ANYTHING else?

Disclosure: I've never liked EQG but I know others here like it, which is cool. I just wish they would do something else for the big screen - just for ONCE.
Seems like the studio had many times in their hands.

So this happened:

Got Places to Go, Gotta FAIL My Rainbow (aka A Royal Mistake)
Okay, so I tried to get to the theater to go see the movie today, because I care greatly about it for some reason. I failed. I left early to get there with time to spare. I had to take a train, then a bus, then transfer to a different bus to get to the theater. The train and the first bus went perfectly fine. But once I got to the second bus, I got on the WRONG one. It was the number I was looking for, but it wasn't going to the place I was going to. I learned that I was on the wrong bus just minutes before the movie was going to start. I got off in an area I wasn't familiar with and decided to just go back home. Conveniently, there was another bus stop right by the place I got off the wrong bus. The first bus to come was the ACTUAL bus I needed to get to the theater. Luckily, it was stopping at the bus stop where I made the wrong turn. When I got off, the driver actually asked if I needed to go to a certain stop, that stop being where I needed to go, though I didn't care anymore at this point. The bus I first took ended up coming soon enough, so I could take the train back home. That was a thing. And I doubt anyone cares. Guess I'll have to do it all over again next Sunday.

Back