The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
You're not gonna like it. 5:44PM. I really screwed around creating my Microcenter account (since i thought there were gonna be problems and I didn't want to do guest checkout. It was really slow going for a bit.)

Wow, that's good. So I ordered before you. Hopefully I'm in.

Thanks guys for replies. What is deal with "realistic brake pedal mod"? Apparently it is included with T500 box?

Via Thrustmaster website: Brake pedal with reinforced and adjustable resistance (included and removable “Realistic Brake” mod)

Is it easy to install? No voiding warranty I assume. Do most people use it?

Get the BasherBrakeMod, like Paul33993 said;
Seriously, best 10 bucks you'll spend on sim racing.
You will need to use the plate from Thrustmaster's Realistic Brake Mod with the bushings, and it will not void your warranty.

I was able to pick up one of the microcenter t500rs wheels. Was wondering if this is a decent stand for it?

http://us.fanatec.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=686
On the previous page I linked some photos of the T500RS using the previous model of Fanatec's stand (called the rennsport). The new CSR model looks to have narrower beams on the base, but it states T500RS support so it should be fine.

I own a very old rennsport stand myself and can vouch for it being very stable, able to handle any wheel I've tried on it. And it goes higher than the wheelstand pro which is why I went for it.

You're not gonna like it. 5:44PM. I really screwed around creating my Microcenter account (since i thought there were gonna be problems and I didn't want to do guest checkout. It was really slow going for a bit.)

Oh god. Hold me. My order was just changed from routed to pending. Please, please tell me yours was changed to pending just before being shipped?

Oh god. Hold me. My order was just changed from routed to pending. Please, please tell me yours was changed to pending just before being shipped?

I never saw it change. But I wasn't really looking. It went from routed, then I got the shipping e-mail, and it was at completed. Not sure if there was ever a pending in-between.

Mine has been delivered. I'd hate to see what they paid for the shipping on that. Big old box with a ton of popcorn in it (to say nothing of the 40 pounds and big box that the T500 is then housed in).

EDIT: And I have to say, I don't think I ever saw a GT5 branded box before. I saw the stock T500 box. And I saw the pictures somebody posted of the new GT6 branded box. But I don't know where Microcenter was keeping these things hidden. Maybe it was an intentional discontinue to prepare for the GT6 boxes LOL.

Well since my GT6 preorder arrived today I found a few minutes to try arcade mode with the T500RS.

I'm reserving all judgement until the day 1 patch, but for now I'll just say that feedback felt totally different from GT5. Set to default 5 there was way more damping. I lowered it to 3 which reduced damping a lot and yet gave plenty of effects from bumps, curbs, etc... The feel of a FWD car pushing as you overload the front tyres felt very good.

I think we'll have a fun debate in the coming days about the optimal settings for the T500RS in GT6 :)

Mine was just cancelled. Good bye GT6. Won't be playing you for quite some time.

Ugh, that sucks. I was rooting for you because you deserved it more than almost anyone.

The one lesson you've learned the hard way: always choose next day shipping on these crazy deals (assuming it's reasonable). It's crazy how bad e-tailers are at prioritizing ship orders. Shipping speed > order number.

Ugh, that sucks. I was rooting for you because you deserved it more than almost anyone.

The one lesson you've learned the hard way: always choose next day shipping on these crazy deals (assuming it's reasonable). It's crazy how bad e-tailers are at prioritizing ship orders. Shipping speed > order number.

Thanks mate. I'm actually the one who created the Neogaf thread so I probably dug myself in a hole doing that. Oh well.

Well since my GT6 preorder arrived today I found a few minutes to try arcade mode with the T500RS.

I'm reserving all judgement until the day 1 patch, but for now I'll just say that feedback felt totally different from GT5. Set to default 5 there was way more damping. I lowered it to 3 which reduced damping a lot and yet gave plenty of effects from bumps, curbs, etc... The feel of a FWD car pushing as you overload the front tyres felt very good.

I think we'll have a fun debate in the coming days about the optimal settings for the T500RS in GT6 :)

Great! Polyphony have probably improved the Force Feedback on GT6 for the T500RS (as it's the official wheel of the game)

993437_732835613410843_265839102_n.jpg

Hi Guys!

My T500RS with problem. Left shifter don’t work, and “Mode” button always red.

Could you please help me?

Wheels here!

It was worth every penny, But I have 2 problems...

1). I've only used it for about an hour on GT5 and 30 minutes on F1 2013, and I am of course still learning the thing.

2). The ACTUAL problem, this thing further reinforces my hatred of fixed paddles.

Therefore, I am now wanting to get either the Ferrari GTE or F1 wheel. Which would be better?

Therefore, I am now wanting to get either the Ferrari GTE or F1 wheel. Which would be better?
Depends on what you intend to drive. If you drive a lot of F1, I would say go for the F1 wheel. If you drive a lot of "normal" go for the GTE. :)

Edit: I'm not sure if the F1 rim comes with non-fixed paddles, but if it does, this guide from Thrustmaster will come in handy. It's made for the GTE wheel though, but if done as described, it shouldn't void your warranty.

Last edited:
Just curious, did all of you who received wheels in the mail do overnight shipping?

I ordered mine Friday, so it came just this morning. I got it from Overstock.com, no shipping fee, and no tax either.

Got if for $530.

@Dean I suppose the GTE wheel will do then.

EDIT: I am sold on the GTE wheel, $120 is better than almost $200.

Last edited:
I ordered mine Friday, so it came just this morning. I got it from Overstock.com, no shipping fee, and no tax either.

Got if for $530.

@Dean I suppose the GTE wheel will do then.

EDIT: I am sold on the GTE wheel, $120 is better than almost $200.

I think they're the same diameter anyways. I don't really see any benefit to choosing the F1 rim over the GTE. Especially since a lot of the buttons on the F1 rim are cosmetic and don't actually work. GTE is more versatile and just as quick (turn wise) for F1 cars.

Due to the $149 microcenter deal, a lot of them are on Amazon and eBay right now for around $300.

These people are crazy. Shipping is going to be high on these boxes and there's a good chance you're gonna have a problem with the buyer. I can guarantee every single one of these wheels is going to have a big kink in the belt (that'll go away after a couple of weeks of playing, but it's there from sitting in one position for so long). There's also a good chance these wheels would need the firmware flashed to properly recalibrate the center mark. And not to mention the fan is an absolute disaster that really needs to be gutted with a quality after market fan.

None of these things are big deals and easily addressed, but if you get someone who's even remotely fussy, they're gonna demand a return (and we know how ebay/paypal side with buyers).

I remember when Amazon had it for 350 last BF. Somebody on a message board who got the deal returned like three of these things because he was convinced the kink in the belt was permanent and a sign of being defective.

Last edited:
+1 for the Gte wheel, very versatile for all around use. The switches are also rated 10million clicks so no worries there. I've gotten used to fixed paddles on the T500 but when I drive F1 cars I still prefer rotating paddles. I like it so much that I put a generic 320mm wheel on it and completely removed the fixed paddles.

I have both GTe & F1 rims, they are the same diameter.
The GTe rim is more versatile than the F1 rim.

So if budget means one or the other, get the GTe.
...unless you spend lots of time doing F1.

The first GTe rim I received back in June had a defective switch.
I have had no problems whatsoever with the replacement.

Last edited:
Hi Guys!

My T500RS with problem. Left shifter don’t work, and “Mode” button always red.

Could you please help me?

Is your T500RS new, or has your warranty expired? If it's new and still under warranty, contact Thrustmaster tech support and they will send a replacement shifter switch. Easy to change.

If your warranty has expired, new switches can be purchased from the Bodin Solutions Website.

Does anyone know if the warranty transfers over if you bought it new from someone outside of retailer, like on Ebay for example. Do you need the purchase receipt?

Last edited:
Inspected things a little more closely and a couple of observations:

These aren't just rebadged version 1/2/etc. The pedals have the latest brake spring. Also, we all know they used to have the fan blowing down on top of the heatsink. Then they switched to blowing across the heatsink. Not only does this fan blow across the heatsink, but the little circular blow holes (where the original fan used to be) are completely closed up like the rest of the case. So they made a minor change to the top cover (probably cheaper to manufacture if they didn't have to punch those top holes in). Note, the holes to the left/right are obviously still there.

Does anyone know if the warranty transfers over if you bought it new from someone outside of retailer, like on Ebay for example. Do you need the purchase receipt?

I would ask them to include it. This way you can present the receipt and say it was a gift from ____________.

I think they're the same diameter anyways. I don't really see any benefit to choosing the F1 rim over the GTE. Especially since a lot of the buttons on the F1 rim are cosmetic and don't actually work.

Every BUTTON on the F1 rim works, it's just the center dials are fake.

Back