The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Hello guys!
I am keep thinking about to upgrade wheel, I am own of T300 RS and make me want to upgrade T500 RS.
So I want metal pedal, so Whats the difference of T300 and T500?
I found out that finally support PS4 (I know I am behind haha!)
Thanks!

Doesn't the FFB motor and such are better on the T300RS? While the stock T500RS pedals are nicer, I am not sure if it will be an "upgrade" in the long run, especially considering the native PS4 support and such, and the lack of brushless motor.

Maybe look into getting the adapter from basherboards to allow you to use Fanatec Clubsport Pedal with the Thrustmaster wheel? That way you can keep the T300 wheel and get nicer pedals if you don't want to just get the TP3A from Thrustmaster.

Just received my new T500RS (latest model with compression springs)
It replaces my older T500RS V2 which still works fine btw.
The new one calibrates less aggressive, FFB is a bit different, resistance of the throttle and brake pedal (with same MrBasher brake mod) is also different.
I was in doubt for a while, liked the look of Fanatec CS, but man, must have read 50 reports about faulty construction and material, so I decided to stick with TM.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Just received my new T500RS (latest model with compression springs)
It replaces my older T500RS V2 which still works fine btw.
The new one calibrates less aggressive, FFB is a bit different, resistance of the throttle and brake pedal (with same MrBasher brake mod) is also different.
I as in doubt for a while, liked the look of Fanatec CS, but man, must have read 50 reports about faulty construction and material, so I decided to stick with TM.
Out of interest, do you know if there is any deadzone difference in the pedals? Do they respond quicker and how is the resistance difference, more or less?

Out of interest, do you know if there is any deadzone difference in the pedals? Do they respond quicker and how is the resistance difference, more or less?
They seem to respond quicker (less or no deadzone) and there is more resistance in the throttle pedal.
The intitial resistance in the brake pedal is also higher (without the MrBasher mod installed). Once installed, the diiference is less noticeablle, but I am trying a softer setup now.
Also the knob to switch red/green has changed. You have to push longer now.

They seem to respond quicker (less or no deadzone) and there is more resistance in the throttle pedal.
The intitial resistance in the brake pedal is also higher (without the MrBasher mod installed). Once installed, the diiference is less noticeablle, but I am trying a softer setup now.
Also the knob to switch red/green has changed. You have to push longer now.
Sounds great, hopefully I can get hold of the new T500RS pedals and they respond as quick as the G27 pedals.

Doesn't the FFB motor and such are better on the T300RS? While the stock T500RS pedals are nicer, I am not sure if it will be an "upgrade" in the long run, especially considering the native PS4 support and such, and the lack of brushless motor.

Maybe look into getting the adapter from basherboards to allow you to use Fanatec Clubsport Pedal with the Thrustmaster wheel? That way you can keep the T300 wheel and get nicer pedals if you don't want to just get the TP3A from Thrustmaster.

Thank you, this is why I am keep thinking to get it, because I always want T500 RS pedal and T500 paddleshift cos it's look nice so I don't know if it's worth to get T500 RS pack.
I would like to know what's people opinion about between T300RS and T500RS, I played the crew of T300RS and it's strong FFB.

Does T500RS is strong FFB or?

Thank you, this is why I am keep thinking to get it, because I always want T500 RS pedal and T500 paddleshift cos it's look nice so I don't know if it's worth to get T500 RS pack.
I would like to know what's people opinion about between T300RS and T500RS, I played the crew of T300RS and it's strong FFB.

Does T500RS is strong FFB or?
T500RS is stronger than T300RS, definitely. Stronger but also slightly harder to turn because there's more internal resistance from the motor and belts.

I don't recommend getting both wheels unless you want to have two rigs, but if you wanted the T500 for the paddle shifters, larger rim and pedals I believe they can all be mounted onto the T300 base: the T300 actually has a cable preinstalled but unused which I believe would allow you to mount the T500 paddles, although not 100% sure about how you could swap over the plastic casing of the paddles.

Thrustmaster has also implied that they would sell the paddle shifters and T500 pedals as accessories (by showing them compatible to the T300) but no sign of such a purchase option yet.

Still, in the end that's a very expensive solution. If you want the fixed paddles and the higher quality pedals, and like the idea of more powerful FFB then I would say sell your T300 and move over to the T500.. They are both very good wheels, just with different compromise/focus.

T500RS is stronger than T300RS, definitely. Stronger but also slightly harder to turn because there's more internal resistance from the motor and belts.

I don't recommend getting both wheels unless you want to have two rigs, but if you wanted the T500 for the paddle shifters, larger rim and pedals I believe they can all be mounted onto the T300 base: the T300 actually has a cable preinstalled but unused which I believe would allow you to mount the T500 paddles, although not 100% sure about how you could swap over the plastic casing of the paddles.

Thrustmaster has also implied that they would sell the paddle shifters and T500 pedals as accessories (by showing them compatible to the T300) but no sign of such a purchase option yet.

Still, in the end that's a very expensive solution. If you want the fixed paddles and the higher quality pedals, and like the idea of more powerful FFB then I would say sell your T300 and move over to the T500.. They are both very good wheels, just with different compromise/focus.

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah I understand about those, I am more into PS series and sometime PC including PS4.

I always want to know if T500RS is great for PS4 or not. Because I might getting T500RS with TH8A on this sunday.

Hopefully I can make right decide to buy and yes my T300RS already sold and need to renew T300 or new T500.

As there are still no pedal adapters nor wiring diagrams to be found I was wondering this.
As the T500 and G27 pedals both use pots, can one just try wiring the two together until one finds the matching wires please?

As there are still no pedal adapters nor wiring diagrams to be found I was wondering this.
As the T500 and G27 pedals both use pots, can one just try wiring the two together until one finds the matching wires please?

Please do not do that,you may fry a circuit board. You should be able to just use a digital multimeter to test the resistance in the pots.

For those who replaced the tact switches of their V2 wheel and encounter shifting problems: I found out (afterwards confirmed by TM) that placing small spacers between the wheel base and the shifter unit solves the problem.
Without spacers, tightening the four screws can lead to "ghost shifting" or no shifting at all.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if I can buy a new GT wheel for my T500 directly from thrustmaster? Or where I could find a used one?

Please do not do that,you may fry a circuit board. You should be able to just use a digital multimeter to test the resistance in the pots.

Okay, so I can see how to do that to the pedals. Attach ground and then test each output against a pedal push.

I am then assuming if I open up the wheel I can see the mount points for the socket.
I would then go on to say that the pcb is labelled to show what each input is?

Gosh I hope so, cos that will mean out goes the DFP and incomes Da Beast :)

Does anyone know if I can buy a new GT wheel for my T500 directly from thrustmaster? Or where I could find a used one?

If you mean the original paddle-less GT rim bundled with T500.
Thrustmaster has it listed as the "T500RS Removable Wheel Kit" on their site.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/t500rs-removable-wheel-kit

Only country listed for "Where to buy" is France, Amazon France is one of the two vendors.
Wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Merry Christmas and happy new year
My Thrustmaster has gone all weird when plugged in the steering wheel doesn't come out of calibration mode.......it just keeps on turning has anyone else had that problem or know of a solution to it?.......it doesn't matter if it's in GT mode or F1 style or if its connected to PS3/4 or laptop

Thanks in advance any ideas are much appreciated

Hey guys,

First poster here. I received a T500RS today and noticed the wheel makes an odd noise when near the center. Could I get some input from you guys to see if it's considered normal? This is my first belt driven wheel so maybe I'm just not used to it. It only does it when it is plugged it. I'll put a link to a video below. Thanks!

Hey guys,

First poster here. I received a T500RS today and noticed the wheel makes an odd noise when near the center. Could I get some input from you guys to see if it's considered normal? This is my first belt driven wheel so maybe I'm just not used to it. It only does it when it is plugged it. I'll put a link to a video below. Thanks!

As far as I can hear, this is completely normal.
My T500RS version 2 did it, and my new one (version not mentioned but it would be 5 or 6) also makes the same "noise".
Don't worry, enjoy...

Hi there guys

Anyone knows what type of screws I should use to secure the steering shaft, the 4 ones that keep loosen :mad:

Thanks

Hi there guys

Anyone knows what type of screws I should use to secure the steering shaft, the 4 ones that keep loosen :mad:

Thanks

The stock ones are + driver, M2 x 15mm in length.
If you can find some that are 16mm in length it will provide extra bite.
Don't go longer then that though.

I applied non-permanant grade (medium) thread locker (loctite) to mine.
Good idea to still check them from time-to-time.
I had one snap inside on my first T500.

Hey guys,

That noise is normal, every T500 I've seen makes that noise, sounds like a metallic scraping but I believe its actually just the internals of the brushed motor. Brushless motors don't make this noise.

Info about t500rs brake mod by basher, should I have to remove the two clear plastic frames that are connected to the brake pedal in order to install it, isn't it?

I bought one, should hopefully arrive tomorrow.

After buying AC, i fired up my Fanatec PWTS, worked fine, typical noisy, but worked. A day later, 888 error, emailed Fanatec, no repair, no spare parts, nothing available anymore for such an "old" wheel.

Hooked up my G25. Clutch didn't work, 3rd 4th gear didn't work. Windows wouldn't let me get the settings open...

Then I looked a bit what was available.

Fanatec, I always have the feeling of buying pricey home made hardware. Materials are top, but the failure rates on the PCB are worrying. Thus a 600 bucks base, without basic rim.... nah

MY CSP still work after a PCB swap. Probably going for the T500 CSP combo, If the CSP brake down, I will install a load cell in the TM and good.

You guys are experts ;)

What is the difference between a Th8 -RS & A shifters??

How do I find out what version of the T500 I got?

Any advices on mods or other?

As long as your T500 comes in a GT6 branded box it's the latest model with all of the relevant changes documented in this mega thread.

For a T500 (which doesn't have a connector for the TH8A) there is no difference. Both the TH8RS and TH8A will need to be plugged into the playstation or PC via USB and will work identically.

The only mod worth worrying about is whether to apply the stock brake mod (which you get in the box), and if you find the brake too light or not nice either with or without the stock brake mod, you can consider buying the basher brake mod (which gives the brake a feel similar to a load cell). Test first, then consider mods.

Back