The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Yes Gt6 branded. Ordered through Amazon. It's only a few bucks more than the T300.
And it arrived,

Needed a bit of thinkering for it to fit the Omega Rig (had to loosen the black panel screws on the pedals, install it, and rescrew it thight, pedals are now blocked into position)
Have set them up rally style.
Then fired up Assetto Corsa.
Awesome.

Now a few questions for the pros.

As I have a Fanatec CSP v1 set still working (fingers crossed), it has the pro of a load cell, which was immediatly apparent as I damaged the brakes in AC :lol: , often :lol:
My CSP brake has even a homebrew spring in it for it to feel really hard.

Now my question, I love the rally style, and don't think they are a bad set that TM offers here. If I add the load cell to the TM pedals, is it close, even or better than the CSP v1??

I have the CPX adapter preordered...

An other question, the GTE wheel and Th8 shifters.... where are they, every shop has no stock of them, no eta date,...??
I found a th8rs in Belgium, but they are in holidays, gonna see in the next days if they have it in stock....

Thanks

Batches of shifters are dripping slowly into all countries. Best is just to preorder one and wait, unfortunately. I'm hoping to get mine in 2 weeks' time after waiting since November.

If you like firm brakes, I think Ricmotech does a load cell for the T500 pedals. Or try the brasher brake mod first, it's just a couple of skateboard bushings and is cheap. No doubt available sooner than the CPX, which must be seriously in demand right now.

Okay, so I can see how to do that to the pedals. Attach ground and then test each output against a pedal push.

I am then assuming if I open up the wheel I can see the mount points for the socket.
I would then go on to say that the pcb is labelled to show what each input is?

Any chance of some more info, please. So desperate to get it working :)

Hi I'm looking at getting a wheel for ps4. I was thinking of a thrustmaster until I saw the price. Should I wait and see if there is g25 support or get a middle range thrustmaster? Don't really want to spend a lot on a wheel just one I can use for ps4.

Hi I'm looking at getting a wheel for ps4. I was thinking of a thrustmaster until I saw the price. Should I wait and see if there is g25 support or get a middle range thrustmaster? Don't really want to spend a lot on a wheel just one I can use for ps4.

Not going to be any Logitech support so...

Not sure about the middle range you were referring to. I assume middle range you'll still want at least a force feedback (FFB) wheel which means Thrustmaster T100. Not sure about how it compares to G25. Just bare in mind that not even T500RS have full PS4 functionality. G25 had been around since 2006 and almost a decade now. Consider it money well spent if that's how long you have had the wheel for. Consider it money well spent and time to upgrade. Current-gen (PS4) console deserve current-gen force feedback. Thrustmaster T300RS or the yet to announce PS4-compatible wheel by Fanatec. Yes, they are quite expensive, consider that if they last you 4-5 years, it can be considered money well spent.

And unless you find a pretty good deal for a Thrustmaster T500RS which I own and highly recommend simply because it is now very stable and reliable with it's matured product cycle. PS4 compatibility for T500RS depends on the game developer but still a risk it might be be dropped as supported wheel at some stage. At least for sure that you wouldn't be able to navigate in the system menu.

And for G25 support, I don't think it will happen and even G27. Aftermarket solution don't seem very likely as well that will provide full FFB support.

If you want more information on different wheels and different wheels and different views, consider asking some of those folks who own multiple wheels in The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for Game Consoles thread.

Last edited:
Not sure about the middle range you were referring to. I assume middle range you'll still want at least a force feedback (FFB) wheel which means Thrustmaster T100. Not sure about how it compares to G25. Just bare in mind that not even T500RS have full PS4 functionality. G25 had been around since 2006 and almost a decade now. Consider it money well spent if that's how long you have had the wheel for. Consider it money well spent and time to upgrade. Current-gen (PS4) console deserve current-gen force feedback. Thrustmaster T300RS or the yet to announce PS4-compatible wheel by Fanatec. Yes, they are quite expensive, consider that if they last you 4-5 years, it can be considered money well spent.

And unless you find a pretty good deal for a Thrustmaster T500RS which I own and highly recommend simply because it is now very stable and reliable with it's matured product cycle. PS4 compatibility for T500RS depends on the game developer but still a risk it might be be dropped as supported wheel at some stage. At least for sure that you wouldn't be able to navigate in the system menu.

And for G25 support, I don't think it will happen and even G27. Aftermarket solution don't seem very likely as well that will provide full FFB support.

If you want more information on different wheels and different wheels and different views, consider asking some of those folks who own multiple wheels in The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for Game Consoles thread.

Thanks for the post. I've had my g25 wheel since 2010 got it with gt5. So had for 5 years it's lasted me a long time. I'll probably have to end up buying another wheel sometime soon. It's going to hurt my wallet but it's worth it. Yeah when I said medium range I meant not as expensive :P but something similar. Thank I'll take a look in the thread :).

If you have a fully functional G25 which works great in GT5/6 on the PS3, and are looking mostly for something to play GT7 on PS4 with, the best advice is to wait until we are close to GT7 launch. There are bound to be new options in the next year or two....

If you have a fully functional G25 which works great in GT5/6 on the PS3, and are looking mostly for something to play GT7 on PS4 with, the best advice is to wait until we are close to GT7 launch. There are bound to be new options in the next year or two....

… or ProjectCars?? lol

But do agree that that next two years will definitely have options and existing product lines will be cheaper as well if the new wheel is simply for GT7.

And if my T500RS still works and supported in main titles in two years time, my aim is to invest in VR headset. :P

Hi there guys,

How can i reload the firmware to the wheel, i was updating the firmware and something happen and now my wheel is dead.
How can i solve this?

Hey guys,

Sorry to post another noise thread, but I want to get some opinions. I've had my T500RS for about two weeks now and have been using it quite often. I noticed a rattle has developed that appears to be coming from the right side of the wheel on the inside. I took a quick clip of the noise to get some opinions. I tried contacting Thrustmaster but have not heard back. If I didn't have to worry about voiding my warranty, I would've cracked it open myself already to see what's going on. Thanks!

My T500 (latest model) does not sound like that.
I have no idea about what causes that noise.

As far as contacting TM goes, you will have to be patiënt these days. They seem to be understaffed. Normally they respond pretty quick - one or two days - but I just waited for more than a week.

Hey guys,

Sorry to post another noise thread, but I want to get some opinions. I've had my T500RS for about two weeks now and have been using it quite often. I noticed a rattle has developed that appears to be coming from the right side of the wheel on the inside. I took a quick clip of the noise to get some opinions. I tried contacting Thrustmaster but have not heard back. If I didn't have to worry about voiding my warranty, I would've cracked it open myself already to see what's going on. Thanks!

Was that you moving the wheel or were you running one of the FFB tests from the control panel?

Was that you moving the wheel or were you running one of the FFB tests from the control panel?

That was me moving the wheel in Assetto Corsa (going through Eau Rouge and Raidillon at Spa right at the beginning.) The noise I am concerned about is the rattling (maybe it's hard to pickup on camera) but I don't recall hearing it when I first got the wheel. It's most noticeable when driving in a straight line and seems to disappear in corners. I sent the video off to Thrustmaster to see what they say. I thought the wheel seemed loud as soon as I got it, but the rattle is a new development that seems to be coming from the right side of the wheel, perhaps from a motor.

Hi guys..
I am considering to buy PS3 for racing games.. Which games are best ever with t500rs? Except GT6..:)
Plz give me some buying tips and advices

Thanks...

Hi guys..
I am considering to buy PS3 for racing games.. Which games are best ever with t500rs? Except GT6..:)
Plz give me some buying tips and advices

Thanks...

At this stage, I would not recommend buying a PS3 for racing games. The GT series isn't worth it at this point and there's likely nothing else that you can just play on another console or PC.

At this stage, I would not recommend buying a PS3 for racing games. The GT series isn't worth it at this point and there's likely nothing else that you can just play on another console or PC.

I'd rather have PS3 with triple monitor support than PS4 with single screen, but thats just me.

Hi all, I have a problem with my T500RS wheel: I played assetto corsa and it happened like it did sometimes, that the wheel went out of the center, means it stood 10 or 20 degrees to the left to drive the car straight. I did what I did alway, unplugged the USB from the wheel an replugged it to get it recentered. Immediately an ugly, loud scratching noise happened when the wheel tried to recenter. I hurried to unplug it again, finished assetto corsa, replugged the USB and then the wheel recentered and stopped in an 90 degrees angle. I let it recenter several times, but always the same. Can something be broken inside? Or is there a way to solve the problem of wrong angle?
Many thanks in advance for your help.

Contact Thrustmaster tech support -- I believe there are instructions on the TM Tech Support site that shows you how to recalibrate (and thus re-center) your wheel.

Reconfiguring the racing wheel's center value (If the racing wheel is slightly off-center in the Control Panel) - If using a PS3, we recommend performing this procedure in the PS3 system's menu (not in a game). - If using a PC, we recommend performing this procedure via the Windows® Desktop (not in a game), after exiting the Control Panel. 1) Connect the racing wheel's USB cable (on PS3 or on PC), then wait for the autocalibration phase to end. 2) Turn the racing wheel fully to the left (until you reach the stop). 3) Turn the racing wheel fully to the right (until you reach the stop). 4) Make sure that your racing wheel is perfectly centered ; while holding it in this position, press the START, SELECT & MODE buttons simultaneously (SE, ST & MODE buttons on the GT wheel; BO, WET & MODE buttons on the F1 wheel). 5) The racing wheel's LED briefly changes colour, then reverts to its initial colour. This means that the wheel's center value has been reset and automatically saved to the device's internal memory (you do not need to repeat the procedure every time you connect the racing wheel); this applies to all of the T500's wheels (GT, F1, etc.).

My wheel has started to oscillate in gt6, has anyone had that problem before?
Its happening exactly like this:

All my wheels do that normally on GT5/6, Probably a problem within the low speed physics. Go to Fuji, Get up to speed and in a very straight line see if it does that. It helps if you turn down the sensitivity (not ffb torque)

hey guys new to this forum but really need some advise and help here, had my t500 for 6 months now and does not work on any gran turismo game, basically at first it was just a firmware needed, since that has been done my throttle is constantly wide open all the time on both GT5 &GT6, is perfectly fine on f1 and other games, it worked fine for 3 days after the firmware was done but since then no joy PLEASE someone help as TM will not help as its fine on there control panel and other games

Back