• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
found another one with better pedals...
TM-RGTFFBproClutch%C3%89dals.jpg

http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=8

look at this... more
RGT%20PRO%20LEVER%20Left%20&%20Right.gif

Last edited:
don't understand why you guys are trying to trash a product that's not even out yet?

you guys sound so insecure...

calm down and let's see what this new product can do.

I'm hoping it's in the same league, quality wise, as their Hotas Warthog.
hopefully it's not $500 though. :sly:

I sound insecure because I know what crap this brand has produced in the last 10 years in terms of wheels -.-, and one has to wonder why actually pd went down this path instead of Logitech, im betting they offered them a better bargain :P.

Just look at thurstmasters site, it really does look like they are stuck in the 90's or something.

don't understand why you guys are trying to trash a product that's not even out yet?

you guys sound so insecure...

calm down and let's see what this new product can do.

I'm hoping it's in the same league, quality wise, as their Hotas Warthog.
hopefully it's not $500 though. :sly:

Im with you m8 Im really intrigued about this wheel! Also the fact my DFP wheel is now ages old (still working near perfect) but a cheapish upgrade would be fantastic. I doubt it would come without a H shifter and clutch but could be wrong. Just hope the qualitys good too. Will be keeping a proper eye out. 👍

I sound insecure because I know what crap this brand has produced in the last 10 years in terms of wheels -.-, and one has to wonder why actually pd went down this path instead of Logitech, im betting they offered them a better bargain :P.

Just look at thurstmasters site, it really does look like they are stuck in the 90's or something.

Does have a point. But Im sure this wheel will get a anal review especially being the GT5 wheel.

I am REALLY looking forward to this wheel. This HEART technology supposedly uses 3D Hall Effect magnets for both the feedback and the input. Meaning no dead zone, no friction (meaning no mechanical wear EVER), instant reversal spin (remember no friction, it would make drifting so much easier) super accurate inputs. This could be an EPIC wheel if it has a clutch and H shifter (And is reasonably priced).

Nothing wrong with the wheel at all except that it isn't anywhere near the same level as the Fanatec. Test 2 others to see if it was the wheel or if that is how it's supposed to feel. All others felt the same way. G27 is gear driven and just doesn't feel as natural as belt driven wheels. I get no "clunk" feel in my real life car. All cars I've owned or driven feel closer to the Fanatec than the G27. Anyone who's had plenty of time on both will tell you the same.
Yet even ISR admits you have more of a feel of what happen with gear driven wheels. I agree especially in Iracing. Belt driven is a little smoother though. Also my steering wheels in all my cars IRL are gear driven. :)
As of now I have my Gt3 RS V2 and CSP boxed and got my G27 and pedals (nixim mod) hook up to my rig.

Nothing wrong with the wheel at all except that it isn't anywhere near the same level as the Fanatec. Test 2 others to see if it was the wheel or if that is how it's supposed to feel. All others felt the same way. G27 is gear driven and just doesn't feel as natural as belt driven wheels. I get no "clunk" feel in my real life car. All cars I've owned or driven feel closer to the Fanatec than the G27. Anyone who's had plenty of time on both will tell you the same.
Yet even ISR admits you have more of a feel of what happening with gear driven wheels. I agree especially in Iracing. Belt driven is a little smoother though. Also my steering wheels in all my cars IRL are gear driven. :)
As of now I have my Gt3 RS V2 and CSP boxed and got my G27 and pedals (nixim mod) hook up to my rig.

One thing I could never figure out was the input resolution of the G25/G27 and what kind of sensors it uses. Using an optical (such as those used from thomas-superwheel.com) or a hall effect, it gives you a zero contact sensor. Sensors such as potentiometers (very common in older wheels) do not carry as high of a resolution (less inputs per degree of steering) and also, when they wear down, they begin to skip and jump over inputs, causing minute, but erratic steering inputs. These small jumps or inaccuracies are extremely quick, but they will mess up your lap times in a very negative way. Having a high resolution steering sensor (and just as importantly, pedals) can completely change how you drive a car. In sims such as iracing, a steering wheel can mean the difference between being fast and being the fastest. The smoother the inputs, the faster you can go. Also, with a hall effect sensor, since it uses no contacts to sense motion and position, it should last MUCH longer than any potentiometer setup. If the pedals and wheel use the hall effect sensors, and if the wheel is reasonably smooth and its built solid, it should be just as good or maybe even better than the G25/27.

Does anybody have any idea about pricing? Based on other Thrustmaster products or anything? I've been looking to buy the DFGT for a while now but this looks like it will be better.

The G25 and G27 use optical sensors, as do the Fanatec wheels. Hell, even the Driving Force GT is optical.

Sigh... It really saddens me to see so much fanboyism for the G2x wheels... All this primal urges to slam Thrustmaster for trying.

Okay, I get it fellas. You blew away nearly $300 on a G27. You bought it believing that it was the best. Fine. But don't get all hussy when someone else comes along to challenge the reigning king.

Yes, Thrustmaster wheels are primarily junk. But you know who also made junk? Hyundai. Kia. Mazda. Fiat. Alfa Romeo.

Look where these companies are now. Look at what they've achieved. ****, it wasn't that long ago that Hyundai's name was mentioned with a slight yawn or chuckle.

Companies that manufacture crap will ALWAYS have the option to turn around and hire some good designers. Maybe Thrustmaster will do the same like they have done with their recent Warthog joystick?

Okay, so you're still feeling your manhood being threatened, since you may soon no longer have the best wheel. Here's how things will play out:

1) T500RS is total crap. So few people buy it. Thrustmaster is laughed at again, and your manhood is safe. Everybody moves on and buys a G27. Kaz notices and reluctantly adds full G27 support.

2) T500RS is a performer close to G27, at Thrustmaster prices, maybe slightly higher. Logitech and Fanatec piss their pants, and are forced to stop charging the outrageous $300-$500 they want. Prices fall. More people can now afford these exceptional wheels. Everybody wins, including you when it's time to upgrade to their next generation of wheels. Not to mention the new competition will send Fanatec and Logitech back to the drawing board to design a better product!

3) T500RS blows everyone away. The other companies are now forced to drop their prices significantly, meaning more people can afford them. Same as 2), except their responses are more drastic.

So everybody wins no matter what the T500RS ends up becoming. So don't feel like your manhood is being threatened. Just think of the 2/3 chance that your wallet will be quite a bit heavier when you upgrade!

^I agree with you, but who doesn't hear the name Kia and laugh or think "what a POS". I've had plenty of bad experiences with Kia's and I can say they are completely terrible and the only reason they sell is because they are cheap in price, despite being cheap in quality. But Hyundai has gotten better.

does anyone here play Street Fighter?

for the SF crowd...

this thing could play out like the Madcatz fight sticks.

when the tournament edition was first announced, people laughed and scuffed at it.

no one believed Madcatz could come up with a high level arcade stick that would be as good as Hori's RAPs............ but they did..... Madcats... company not know for producing good game peripheral.

I'm hoping for something good.

been a long time fan of Logitech's wheels but if Thrustmaster can come up with something better, smarter, I'm all for it.

I don't own any stock in any of the companies so why should I care, really.

competition is good. 👍

I don't think the new official GT5 can afford to cost significantly more than the DFGT and I would not expect it to be able to successfully compete with G27 and Fanatecs - but hey, I could be wrong. I just don't see the only official GT5 wheel costing so much that 90% of people can no afford it. Are parents going to spend 300$ on a wheel for kid's PS3? Not very likely.

I dont care what wheel is the "official" wheel of GT5... I love my DFGT and the ablity to change settings on the fly, mid-race!

16 bit? 65K? thats a freakin screen? Will it have a screen like a proper racecar, with gear change indicaters, digital rev counter?

No screen, it's the resolution of the the axes. The more measurements per second, the more accurate the wheel/pedals.

Lol reading through this thread is just funny. Why are people so defensive and negative about a new wheel coming out? I hope it is better that the G27 and the GT3 that helps all of us because that means that both of those companies will push even harder for better more realistic wheels in the future.

As far as Thrustmaster's name they have more of a name in the simulation world than any other manufacturer. They've been making high end flight and racing gear for years. I used to have a HOTAS F16 style flight setup in the early 90s that cost much more than the best wheels on the market today and the stuff was bullet proof. Now obviously that has changed in recent years but they used to make rediculously accurate simulation gear and hopefully they're returning to the high end side as they used to be the King before Logitech existed.

Now I don't know how good this new wheel will be but why bash and flame it before it hits the market or it's reviewed. If it's in the same category as the other wheels then all it can do is get us better wheels and better prices!

Last edited:
Hmm Fanatec brings also an new wheel wich supports PS3 and Xbox... Maybe I´ll wait for that... I´m not happy with the GT5 car list...

I'm all for any new peripherals that come along = more choice's for me. :)

I am a little surprised though that they are announcing this so late, with christmas just around the corner will this wheel actually be available by then?

Also seems odd that Fanatec, Logitech and Wheel Stand Pro are all out of stock. Did they not anticipate just a run on wheels and accesories. If indeed Thrustmaster can deliver this wheel to suppliers in the next week or so they could sell one H*** of a lot with nothing else out there to buy.

Back