• Thread starter Tarkata
  • 160 comments
Toyota hybrid cars you say?

capturets0302-png.174938

It's a Toyota.

It's a hybrid.

Yep, it's a Prius! :dopey:

Last edited:
Ah, the Prius. As useless in real life as fun in GT. Driving a modded Prius at full speed, with no assists, on the Nordschleife can easily become a suicide cannonball run on the technical section after the Karussel.

1.9 million Prius's got recalled due to "unintended acceleration", where the engine would accelerate to full throttle and stay there with no way of stopping. Almost ruined Toyota, and is why they now offer a 5 year warranty. Kinda makes the flames a bit ironic.

that happened to me in my toyota yaris while i was driving to tafe (college for you muricans), i was changing into 4th and it started revving, bouncing off the rev limiter, i just held the clutch in and after 5 seconds it stopped. it was pretty scary. turned out to be the floor mat though.

I won the entire GT National Championship (national A) with the Prius Touring Car once. Wasn't really easy, but the handling is sure to overtake everyone.

I really am not a fan of this car, but I am glad it gets some respect!:gtpflag:

I don't respect this car, nor anyone who owns one.

Like I said earlier, only bought one for a single photo, and never bothered to get rid of it. From a trolling standpoint, it works.

Now since I have have a Prius TC, the road and race cars have the same color scheme. Beige Metallic with black wheels.

I don't respect this car, nor anyone who owns one.

Like I said earlier, only bought one for a single photo, and never bothered to get rid of it. From a trolling standpoint, it works.

Now since I have have a Prius TC, the road and race cars have the same color scheme. Beige Metallic with black wheels.
I was just thumbing up your, '' because racecar".... My favorite phrase. The rest was a reply to the thread in general.

Well, i couldn't resist getting my own Prius(yes, the car im about to show is infact a prius, its just called Aqua in japan.)
So, my Prius, let me introduce you to...
The Phantom Prius
CtTASNe.jpg

When it was young, it was mocked by most of the Priuses, telling it that it isn't a prius, and beaten up by non-priuses, now its a heartless, almost emotionless machine that is a little bit less ruthless than the so called "Devil Prius" but it is definately more stealthy, as it almost always strikes during the night. Hence its color, which isn't pitch black.
Being bullied when it was young, it will attack a wide variety of cars, be it a F40, a Midget, or even another Prius, the exceptions being: other Aquas(Prius Cs) and The Devil Prius.
IF08Cp0.jpg

After taking down a target, it will vanish after while without a trace. There have been cars that lost most of their friends because said "friends" didn't believe in The Phantom, how wrong and ignorant they were. Yet, we still can't explain its vanishing.
Detailed exterior look:
Color: Phantom Mica(Of course...) along with a carbon hood
Rims: OZ Quarantas painted Matte Black
Brake Calipers: Phantom Mica
Rear Wing: Type A

Last edited:
I see the Prius as a horrible creation that will do far more harm than good to the world, especially by spreading the idea that hybrids will somehow help the environment in any way at all. In GT however, I'm sure they can be fun to drive with no assists, lots of power and CH tyres (as can any slow car).

I see the Prius as a horrible creation that will do far more harm than good to the world, especially by spreading the idea that hybrids will somehow help the environment in any way at all. In GT however, I'm sure they can be fun to drive with no assists, lots of power and CH tyres (as can any slow car).

I too also see the prius as a god awful creation. I do know of the harm they cause the enviroment, but my understanding is that hybrids are at the moment are a "technical project", a play thing, like the veyron was to VW. I believe that with each generation of hybrid cars they are refining the technology, so that soon we may have a fully electric car, like the nissan leaf, but without the technical limitations that a fully electric car has (battery life, battery recharging times etc) or super MPG figures. In three generations the MPG has jumped from 50 to 63mpg, and they are planing a forth generation due in 2015...

OT, just brought the prius touring car.... god thats bad. :eek:

toyota_prius_g__09_touring_car_by_lubeify200-d7r0ztd.jpg

I knew I forgot a pic! I just took some pics of the stock Prius in the photo ( upgraded like mad)

Edit: I did not forget this pic in my original post. Im just really tired lol.

Last edited:
There's always something magical about ripping it in a prius in GT. My mom and my brother both have priuses, so yeah. Once you respect them as an appliance rather than a car, they aren't so bad, they just don't suit my needs. I'm a car driver, not a dude who wants to go places and get good mileage, I want going to that place to be an adventure.

But yeah, doing crazy stuff to them in GT6 is always fun! I wanna build a super touring Prius C!

There's always something magical about ripping it in a prius in GT. My mom and my brother both have priuses, so yeah. Once you respect them as an appliance rather than a car, they aren't so bad, they just don't suit my needs. I'm a car driver, not a dude who wants to go places and get good mileage, I want going to that place to be an adventure.

But yeah, doing crazy stuff to them in GT6 is always fun! I wanna build a super touring Prius C!

I never thought of them as appliances before. :lol:

I bought an Aqua. What a dreadful experience its CVT creates. I then bought another and bumped it up to 138bhp, lowered it and gave it some BBS. Looks much better, haven't driven it yet, though.

Back