The Unofficial Circuito de la Sierra Corner Names Thread

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 198 comments
I think there's already a name for corner 66 but if not (or if this gets to 20 likes first :odd:) I'd like to suggest Angel Delgadillo corner.

Angel is the "guardian angel" of Route 66 and a classy guy (met him for about 5 mins during my trip), look him up on google and then like here >>>

Corner 68, should be named "Clark Corner" in honor of perhaps the greatest F1 driver and one of the best overall racers in history, but who is often forgotten about as his career was ended in a fatal crash at Hockenheim in 1968. Still his career win percentage is higher than that of Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher.

EDIT: If 68 is a sharp corner it will be called Clark Corner, but if its a long flowing corner it will be called Clark Curve, or Clark Kink if needed, but yeah, naming turn 68 for Jim Clark.

If i was to suggest corners names for a dreamlike track i would go with names tied with motorsport heroes,
like senna's "S", Purley's bend, Zanardi kink, Alboreto Straight, Williamson hairpin etc etc

@ildd challenge accepted :nervous:
(In the spirit of fun of course. Tho I do think Route 66 is too iconic for the opportunity to be missed :P).

Here's another one, 3 bends from the end - the arewethereyet bend. :D

Sweeping downhill high speed curve "El Gordo" (The Fat one) -

would be neat if all the names were Spanish themed - (Any windmills to Tilt at? ...)

I was going to have a punt at a corner from Oulton Park... "Knickerbrook" - named after the builders of the track disturbed a young couple - and when the track builders got to their location they found a pair of discarded ladies knickers next to a small stream ... so the evocative corner name was born...

I gave Google Translate a dash... "Braga Arroyo"

seemed good... lets try the translation of that back into English.... "Daiper stream" - which doesn't work too well at all!

"Gancho" is a neat name - Spanish for a Shepard's Hook - And the original name for Mexico City (Hermanos Rodríguez) super tough spiralling ever tighter first corner (Long since avoided by the Moises Solana complex)

A corner with a high curb that in which you go off it your car is likely to flip over: 2D
A chicane in which you are likely to turn into someone who is trying to pass on the inside: Prost Chicane
A very fast bumpy section: Line Rider, in honor of the game Line Rider
A fast bend in which your car is likely to understeer off the track: Derp
A fast S-Curve: Schumi
Can't think of any more right now.

I propose we name any right-hander that has a jump before it "Flugplatz" in honor of the corner at the Nurburgring Nordschleife.
I would agree, but I think it should be the Spanish equivalent since the track is in Spain.

See other thread:
What's Spanish for Flugplatz?
If Flugplatz literally means flying place, Spanish for it would be Sitio Volador or Lugar para Volar.

I'd suggest La Voladora.
campo de aviación
More accurately "aeródromo"

Incidentally Zahara is the Arabic word for flower.

Last edited:
I think Flugplatz means Airfield. Airfield, in Spanish, translates as Campo de Aviacion.

So maybe just 'Campo' or 'Aviacion'?

I think Flugplatz means Airfield. Airfield, in Spanish, translates as Campo de Aviacion.

So maybe just 'Campo' or 'Aviacion'?
It actually means "Flying Place." Translating "Flying Place" into Spanish using Google translate yields nothing, but "Place for Flying" translates out as "Lugar para Volar," which is actually a pretty cool name. In any case, I still think it should be named "Flugplatz" because then the connection to the Nurb would be clearer.

GTR Chicane
Rock out those incredible G-forces of the Nissan GTR, straight from 2007! Or 2013. No, the prototype from 2005, duh!

Back