The Unofficial Circuito de la Sierra Corner Names Thread

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 198 comments
A corner with a high curb that in which you go off it your car is likely to flip over: 2D
A chicane in which you are likely to turn into someone who is trying to pass on the inside: Prost Chicane
A very fast bumpy section: Line Rider, in honor of the game Line Rider
A fast bend in which your car is likely to understeer off the track: Derp
A fast S-Curve: Schumi
Can't think of any more right now.
You're supposed to have only one corner name per post. :)

<replying to 10-day-old comments />

Any corner you're likely to roll the car: FailRace Bend, because FR's main host Alex has a habit of rolling cars in many of their videos.

I propose that if there is a downhill corner that is easy to slide around when all assists are off to be called "Iceman's Curse"

Any corner you're likely to roll the car: FailRace Bend, because FR's main host Alex has a habit of rolling cars in many of their videos.

Curva FailRaceYesItWillRolla

quinto.pine.mind.meld.gif

@AJHG1000 make it so (I don't care which one)

The goal is not to name every corner, if every corner gets a name then fine, if not, let's just make sure the most difficult / noticeable corners get a name to identify it. A hairpin, a simple corner, a 90 degree left hander, a long, canted right hander by the lake.

What? :lol:

That is awesome!

I'll let the other guys to do it :D

Post it at the Zahara Club thread to see what the guys think about that, I think that is awesome!

Log:

@SZRT Ice proposed to name a corner "Ice Isle".

I actually chose "Ice Isle" for "the longest* downhill straight" (*was actually most narrow, however the track doesn't really have the type of varying widths throughout the course that I was expecting/hoping for).

I also suggested:

Lakeside Drive (for a sector near the lake)

Penso Pass (After JohnnyPenso, for anywhere there's a bridge, tunnel, or overpass) One of the bridges will suffice.

MeanElf Lane

Kollosol valley

Sparkytooth Fang (for one of the hairpins)

Vagabond's Ridge (near one of the cliff sides)

and The Husky Straight

I also had others that don't really work out in the end since the course doesn't actually use real roads from that region and thus lacks intersections, junctions, and the like. (Jordan's Junction, etc...)

Quite chuffed with Jimi Pitlane.

Jimi Pitbull was my first dog, a great mate and companion. All the bitches loved him. This feels like a memorial/tribute for him.

RIP Jimi

jimi2.jpg

It was all a conspiracy from my index finger to not type that T

jk, it was only a typing error.

We should keep it as is - that's how lore begins. Always good to have a story behind the names :)

I also like Giggity, but feels like we should have a Hot Diggity there as well now :lol:

Latest Posts

Back