The Unofficial Circuito de la Sierra Corner Names Thread

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 198 comments
Chiquita

Paella

Ayaya

What are the other spanish words...

Why dont you suggest a few latin words, not everyone speak espagnol...

Technically, all the names should be andalusian...just saying

If someone have the energy to do it, it would be sweet to have a map of the track with all the names added:)
We can use this image:
Sierra.jpg

For one of the turns that has those stone slabs a foot high separating you and a massive drop into the lake could be called 'The Fall' or something. I don't know! I'll think of some when I get more game time cause I've only driven it thrice.

Here is the circuit with corner names added. I have only added names that have specified a corner. Where it says "a corner" or "a hill", I haven't added it. Whoever suggested names, please tell me where they should go.

If I have got a name on the wrong corner, tell me too.
Sierra.jpg

I edited a little bit of it. I see that Akmuq's Drop is a part of a straight, and a few seconds later you approach Kazunori Kink. So i decide to name the straight "Polyphony Straight" Because it's kinda exciting to approach it with lots of speed and also good for overtaking (Aboard the HYPE Train) but when you finally reach the bottom of the straight into the kink (Update confirmed) you braked late and dive into the walls instead (Update released another week)
yUPq0r.jpg

If there's any unnamed corner, please move my name for turn 10 to that corner and rename my current turn to Turn 10. Thanks.

What about McRae Mount between Shuffle and Sushi T?

I think we need to find an uphill section, followed by a downhill section, followed by a hairpin with a wall on the outside.
The we can call the uphill bit Never gonna give you UP, the downhill bit Never gonna let you DOWN, the hairpin Never gonna TURN AROUND, and the wall and HURT you.

Disappointed the Angel of Route 66 didn't make it on this version (though it was on the previous one earlier in the thread), but Suicide Slide was called first I guess so won't complain.

Haven't had much time to actually drive the track yet due to being on holiday but what a great thing to come back to :D

What about McRae Mount between Shuffle and Sushi T?

I think we need to find an uphill section, followed by a downhill section, followed by a hairpin with a wall on the outside.
The we can call the uphill bit Never gonna give you UP, the downhill bit Never gonna let you DOWN, the hairpin Never gonna TURN AROUND, and the wall and HURT you.
I found this bit!
I edited a little bit of it. I see that Akmuq's Drop is a part of a straight, and a few seconds later you approach Kazunori Kink. So i decide to name the straight "Polyphony Straight" Because it's kinda exciting to approach it with lots of speed and also good for overtaking (Aboard the HYPE Train) but when you finally reach the bottom of the straight into the kink (Update confirmed) you braked late and dive into the walls instead (Update released another week)
yUPq0r.jpg
Cargoratt loop and the left hairpin after it fit the description perfectly.

Back