The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

Its just like every update.. Some people love it, some don't care much of it, and some just simply say its a step in the right direction. Its just that PD gives it to us very slowly. We're always wanting more.

I'm one of those! :D
Bring them quicker!

They say that the Sierra track is the longest original track but I swear that the special stage rt x is longer, I know that probably doesn't count but still.

I just saw that Forza Horizon 2 demo has been released today. I understand better why we get 1.12 now and not another day !

It's fun to see how PD and T10 use to regularly answer each other... both saying everytime during interviews that they move forward without having a close look to the competion schedule :)

After watching the video of the Sierra Time Rally, I need to put this song in my custom playlist before I try this mode:

It's been almost 15 years since I've played this game and heard this song so probably I am going to cry some manly tears for the good ol' days!

Can't like this post enough!

Ridge Racer soundtracks>>>>>

Last edited:
To those who didn't want to follow the hype train, YOU WERE WRONG! :lol:

Hype train is always right! :lol:

209rk9c.gif

(It's a joke, don't get offended.)​

Last edited:
Interesting that the Nismo GT-R is in the Nissan garage and not the Nismo garage.

My guess (i havent checked) is that Nismo as a company does not exist anymore, but the name remains Nissan's property to use...

Can someone check? I am too lazy to google... or too excited to read the rest of this thread..

I was hoping the money would be repeatable too, after completing the first one this morning I had the urge to do it again to try and get a perfect score! Extra money would give more reason to repeat and repeat

I would be ok if PD gave us less money, but at least repeatable for us to Grind this track...

No.

Oh look premium woman! (second woman in the GT after that jacket lady)
View attachment 225295 View attachment 225296 View attachment 225297

Aside from the obvious pointers... she is too skinny and her features lack some flesh...(or at least some free flowing long hair, or premium pony tail) right now, she is not attractive at all...

Really, who wants b-spec.. not me.

I rather play then press button to tell a clueless IA what to do, and the IA still doesn't do it lol b spec was good on gt5 just to break in a car.

B-spec was fun only to generate revenue while you are away...

I had no problem downloading last night... it took about 6min... then a quick install to the PS3

And obviously , the unZipping Part to the game file took the longest, about 30min... but i was sleeping already.

By the time i had finish feeding my daughter in the middle of the night, i received my GtR and got all the update notices, then the full daily login bonus...

I am ready to go tonight after work...

I just completed 75% of the game yesterday too...

This is a great milestone...

pD could have waited until the 30th of this month to release 12, but i am glad the pulled through to release by midSept.

Like someone has said earlier (@TGR_Kefran )this could be in response to the upcoming FMH2.... but how could a new game compete with an incomplete game... ???

GT6 is still so much better than FM5/H2 ..... i kid i kid... please dont jump on me.

NEXT HYPE TRAIN:

My prediction: NEXT BIG UPDATE FROM PD IS FOR THE COURSE MAKER BY THE END OF THE YEAR 2014...

THAT WOULD BE AN AWESOME CHRISTMAS PRESENT

we will certainly get smaller updates (1.13 and so on) and other VgT in the meantime, but Course Maker for the end of the year ( V2.00)!!!!?

Buy your next hype train tix here... $100 one way!
Make payments payable to CTznOfTime !!

(I come from the future, thus my id)

Last edited:
Hey hey.

Ninja Update:

- We have temporarily disable the replays on the lobbies. Please wait while we (PD) fixes this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also the news about the Quick Match being unstable. See you next time in the next (ninja) update!

I don't know but if those gauges are useless now... But it made me.think about that FIA championship we're supposed to get next year....

Could car breakdown be coming to GT?

A bit unrelated but I think there are several features that need to be developed for that FIA... I mean, they probably won't use pencil and paper to keep track of their championship and if there are teams and stuff... Well ... And also the FIA aren't known for keeping things simple...

I just wonder what will PD have to do to meet FIA Virtual Racing Specifications and if there's anything to be done, how it will affect unrelated features like the course maker or B-Spec?

Hey hey.

Ninja Update:

- We have temporarily disable the replays on the lobbies. Please wait while we (PD) fixes this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also the news about the Quick Match being unstable. See you next time in the next (ninja) update!

I don't encounter any problem with "Quick Match", now

I don't know but if those gauges are useless now... But it made me.think about that FIA championship we're supposed to get next year....

Could car breakdown be coming to GT?

A bit unrelated but I think there are several features that need to be developed for that FIA... I mean, they probably won't use pencil and paper to keep track of their championship and if there are teams and stuff... Well ... And also the FIA aren't known for keeping things simple...

I just wonder what will PD have to do to meet FIA Virtual Racing Specifications and if there's anything to be done, how it will affect unrelated features like the course maker or B-Spec?

I was thinking the same thing about the gauges. Why would they implement gauges into the game that currently serve no purpose. In my opinion it probably means there will be new mechanical damage and breakdowns in the future. At least hopefully this will be the case...

What am I missing with the update? I thought it would be around 500mbs and there are 11 parts, the first being 1200mb, then there was one at 900 and another one at 1400. What the hell is going on? I booted the game up just a couple of days ago.

Those new events carry with them a nice little payday. After buying the GT40 LM I was down to about 800k credits, now after running the VGT and the 3 events on the new track I have 4 new cars in the garage [5 if you count the Nismo] and ~7 million credits

What a mess!! Just did seasonal for the Nissan at Bathurst ..shadows flickering violently on screen..strange tree textures, awful framerates..The game seems to be going from bad to worse in my opinion

I agree about the Bathurst shadow flickering, before this update Bathurst was actually pretty good once they fixed it, guess they got to fix it again. I'm also getting weird lines going across the track on the new Sierra track, and a couple of spots theres like a hole in track where I can see threw track and some weird spike looking things going up in the air. Question, does anybody know if the new Force Feedback Max. Torque and Force Feedback Sensitivity setting can be turned off or effect DS3 users, it's just there on default 5 and 8?

Last edited:
I agree about the Bathurst shadow flickering, before this update Bathurst was actually pretty good once they fixed it, guess they got to fix it again. I also getting weird lines going across the track on the new Sierra track, and a couple spots there like a hole in track where I can see threw track and sone weird spike looking things going up in the air. Question, does anybody know if the new Force Feedback Max. Torque and Force Feedback Sensitivity setting can be turned off or effect DS3 users, it's just there on default 5 and 8?

I have the same problems with Bathurst and I, too, was wondering about the new settings affecting the DS3.

Overall, this update is awesome. Love the new track, the new online races, new cars, etc. Just wish Bathurst wasn't like that.

The best part of this update for me is that you can now add a number plate on the Mercedes SLS GT3. :D You still can't paint the rims though :( and you still can't paint the grey Audi GT3 (don't remember the exact name) and you still can't add a number on it either, I wonder why? the only Audi GT3 you can paint is the standard one, right?

Back