The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

Had issues with Sierra online last night, multiple times either the sound of the car didn't load or will cut off halfway. sound of tyres doesn't even load up at all also.

DFGT is also wayyyyyyyyyyy too light now :(
Am currently at 10/9 and still feels alot lighter than driving a real car. very dull.

Last edited:
Just cosmetic, right? Or are we headed toward the possibility of mid-race malfunctions if you don't watch your gauges? That would be cool, but doubtful PD would add it.
Yes, it's cosmetic and you can have up to 3 gauges at once for most cars. Tachometer, speedometer, oil pressure, oil temperature, water temperature, and some more. All gauges come in black or white and you can customize the gauge colors including saturation, hue, and brightness.

There was a custom gauge option in Midnight Club: Los Angeles but was only limited to 1 gauge which was the tachometer.

The pictures are in this post: The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

The interior of my car went all bright yellow, then I lost sound to all my cars in a lobby. I swear they put out a update just to break stuff, I never lost sound before, all these months for a broken update, nice job PD.👎

Reset my ps3, went back got my sound back but then lost all tire noise, this never happen before 1.12. :mad:
We were racing at Stowe and most of the drivers could not hear their car. We opened a new room and everything worked.

Had issues with Sierra online last night, multiple times either the sound of the car didn't load or will cut off halfway. sound of tyres doesn't even load up at all also.

DFGT is also wayyyyyyyyyyy too light now :(
Am currently at 10/9 and still feels alot lighter than driving a real car. very dull.

For all of you having light DFGT.. could you just change the FFB setting or something... maybe PD changed the scale...

Just a tought.. i havent touch my DFGT for years now... :( sad

A funny bug.

1. Max Tune your Nismo GTR
2. Drive on route x exceeding 306 MPH
3. Watch the replay, select driver view 1 or 2
4. Behold the epileptic >306 MPH

What's up with the auto-ghosting crash avoidance in QM? Has online racing always done that? (I know it didn't in shuffle) And is there any logic to it? Had it happen at strange times tonight allowing other cars to drive right through me and other times not at all leading to huge wrecks.

On a side note... PS3 crash x6 today. Crashes before v1.12 zero.

The new gauges don't show in low poly model. Like in replay. Expect in interior view. Little bit annoying thing.
But if pause and go to photomode they are there.

On the quick race thing.
I was able to join one race. Half of the pack was actually racing and the other half was playing bumpercars.
Just before I crossed the finish line (at second place) I got disconnected.
The race it self was a bit laggy in the beginning but smoothed out.
Hopefully the novelty will wear off for the bumpercar kids.
Then we can have decent races and maybe hen they are gone the connection gets better as well.

Seriously....
Spend 10 minutes unlock the track and it's available everywhere.

Whinger ...Level 99
To fire up the game after three months and download an update for it was never really my intention. It's not as if I was super-excited for the track to begin with. It seems nice, but not nice enough to endure the annoying announcer or the challenge itself.

It's my loss. So, why do you care anyway?

I haven't gone through all the updates and dlc topics but did PD or Sony stated somewhere why they kept / keep releasing GT6's DLC for free?

I did a few quick match races last night just to try it. I like that it gives you set cars to choose from. If it was PP limited + use your own cars like prologue, everyone would be using the very small group of cars that are good in the PP system which gets old fast.

However the races are way too short, even the expert one is only 3 laps. That will tend to make it a hyper smash fest to get to the front by many. Also the draft is not set to real on expert. PD could easily change these things for the future, but as it is now, they kind of kill it for me.

Would be nice if there were more with the SRF off, but at least there are some.

The Sierra track is really nice, its unfortunate that they didn't simply make it wider. Could have been amazing for wheel to wheel racing. The events are really fun though.👍

I just got finished running my stock Nismo GT-R on the International B Supercar Festival and the one thing that stood out to me was Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 race. What a difference it makes when at night you can see the cars headlights on your car and on the road around you. I don't know what update they added that or if they added it to the Nurburgring yet but it looked good. Also the A.I. gave me a pretty good race, FXX and a Mclaren 12c we finished within 3 seconds of each other. Try it, take a stock Nismo on sport hards to this three lap race and see for yourself!

I just got finished running my stock Nismo GT-R on the International B Supercar Festival and the one thing that stood out to me was Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 race. What a difference it makes when at night you can see the cars headlights on your car and on the road around you. I don't know what update they added that or if they added it to the Nurburgring yet but it looked good. Also the A.I. gave me a pretty good race, FXX and a Mclaren 12c we finished within 3 seconds of each other. Try it, take a stock Nismo on sport hards to this three lap race and see for yourself!

Gonna give this a try.

I heard that Sierra Time Rally has amazing event rewards, are those a one time only or I can replay them as many times as I want and still get paid?

SO two hotfix since v1.12...

Wonder what they fix..
- Some complains there are bug on the interior of the Leaf.
- Time Rally lag?
- Glitch where on replay in interior view it suddenly forced to look back unexpectedly when you are looking back.

- Some complains there are bug on the interior of the Leaf.
- Time Rally lag?
- Glitch where on replay in interior view it suddenly forced to look back unexpectedly when you are looking back.

I wasnt aware of those issues... so this hotfix fixed those?

I thought they also fixed the wheels FFB, from reading the other threads...

I wasnt aware of those issues... so this hotfix fixed those?

I thought they also fixed the wheels FFB, from reading the other threads...
Not sure. I will test those. But until now I have experienced those error, except the first one.

You have got to be kidding me right, I was going to take my stock Nismo GT-R to the Super races in career mode and do Willow Springs and Ascari 10 lap challenge, and low and behold I can't do the only two street car races offline with tire wear because it says "normal car only". I think that is so stupid. I know it's been like this, I wanted to do this race in Mary Pozzi's Camaro RS and it wouldn't let me. I know it not exactly part of the update but the car is.:grumpy:

It work only on La Sarthe. On other track just your headlights make light on track and environment... i realy miss that from gt5

dont know if this has been seen before but on sierra your driver has the car your in manufactures branded race suit.
New or na?

Back