The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Both are here in 1.10.

And some stats for you:

Aston Martin VGT - Fully Custom Suspension and Fully Custom Transmission can be bought and tuned comes with Racing Hard tyres stock
657PP with oil change, 649 PP without (839bhp 1375kg)

Nissan VGT - No tuning whatsoever comes with Sports Soft tyres stock
616 PP with oil change, 615 without (hp/weight --)

Both can be painted - body only. Painting the AM will lose stripes.

There was some question about the hybrid function on the Nissan VGT.

It is automatic, no push to pass.

Charge & drain functions are indicated by an addition to the fuel gauge.

Red arrow pointed left during drain
20140725_041226-1.jpg

Green arrow pointed right during charge.

20140725_041257-1.jpg

It does drain even when fuel/tire wear is turned off.

I tested at Daytona tri-oval, stock no oil change.

Ran 4 full laps with hybrid boost
Hit the limiter @214mph in the front straight before turn 1, best lap 43.197
Empty on lap 5
Lap 6, 44.935, 205mph in the same spot.

Seems to be working fine but regeneration is pretty quick under braking/coast.

The Nissan "Carbon" paint is bare carbon; you could see the weave if you zoom in photomode. Sadly it doesn't give a paint chip :( Neither does the Matt Grey Concept. The rear spoiler goes down at 300 km/h and rises again when you brake to 280 km/h. Sorting the cars by power/weight in garage, the Nissan has aroud 620 BHP and weighs around 1570 kg.

The Aston is just pure beauty. The colour combinations are not just body/stripe - notice also rims/window tint/rear diffuser changing combinations with the different colours. I think I spent 30 minutes trying to pick which I like best...then bought four of them just because I can't decide :lol:

Judging by the number of people involved in the credits, these 2 VGTs seem to be the best thought out so far. Mitsubishi must be so ashamed right now. Their VGT is just an existing concept car with ricer bodykits :yuck:

Can't wait to see what's up next.

The description for the Nissan is really weird in English at least. For example... how exactly do you unleash a driver? Poem?
I guess an update will fix it though.

The Aston is paintable, and loses its stripes when painted.

The wheels are not paintable and the tint does not change, so think about it when purchasing.

Wheels available by tint (listed in order on purchase screen)

Bronze window tint
  • Dark bronze face
    dark bronze carbon blades
    polished bronze hub
    light green nut
  • Dark bronze face
    dark bronze carbon blades
    polished bronze hub
    yellow nut
  • Medium silver face
    brushed silver blades
    polished medium silver hub
    orange-red nut
Silver window tint
  • Black face
    black/silver marbled blades
    polished light silver hub
    light silver nut
  • Light silver face
    silver carbon blades
    red nut
  • Medium silver face
    carbon blades
    polished dark silver hub
    black nut
  • Medium silver face
    carbon blades
    polished medium silver hub red nut
  • Dark silver face
    blue carbon blades
    red nut
  • Light silver face
    carbon blades
    polished dark silver hub
    light yellow-green nut

2 quotes I found hilarious

"We're able to link some of the exterior finishes, and interior finishes, and be totally free on where we can apply them"

"It's gonna have the great feel, perfect balance, and that sound, that rush of sound each time you change a gear... You'll feel all that in the DP-100"

Bravo PD. Bravo. Make your multimillion dollar participant sound like idiots cause you didn't add an interior, that was fully modeled btw, and make it another generic, horrible sound.

Pros and Cons:

DP-100
Pros: Great acceleration and cornering. The downward spiral in power from 6000 RPM on means you can drive it hard through corners with ease, or get a great surge of speed when shifting from 6000 RPM and below. There's a nice progression of power that can catch you if you're sliding out of a corner.
Cons: Nothing major. It's classified as a race car so arcade & road car only races aren't possible in single player offline. The sound is a bit disappointing and the downforce is low for my taste.
Notes: The steering wheel is 🤬 huge if you can see where the driver's hands are.
Verdict: It's fun and extremely fast and chuckable.

Concept 2020
Pros: Since it's a hybrid, there's immediate torque from a standstill. It's the most agile VGT yet and feels much lighter than the 1500+ KG weight suggests. Despite a 200 HP and near 200 KG deficit to the DP-100 it could actually be extremely close to it in terms of overall performance.
Cons: The fuel consumption is inconsistent and it eats tires like no tomorrow, so unless you're in a shorter race you're likely limited to harder compound tires. Despite the AWD it likes to smoke all four tires during cornering so throttle control is important. Not tunable.
Notes: The active aero is only observable during extremely high speeds. The second VGT to be classified as a road car.
Verdict: It's a love-it-or-loathe-it situation due to the un-tunability. I love it.

EDIT: The DP-100 was changed to street car status via a ninja update.

Last edited:
I not happy about the sound of the Aston Martin DP-100. It could have at least had the V12 Vantage sound. Also no interior.

The Nissan it sounds great. Just no interior & lack of racing transmission since stock is not geared for top speed of the 2020 is a letdown.

Woo hoo!! So glad the cars are finally out!! :D Gonna boot the game up and try these bad boys out, hope they're decent!

I not happy about the sound of the Aston Martin DP-100. It could have at least had the V12 Vantage sound. Also no interior.

The Nissan it sounds great. Just no interior & lack of racing transmission since stock is not geared for top speed of the 2020 is a letdown.
BTW, there is a hint of interior of Nissan concept 2020 VGT in photo travel. Try now for yourself after I saw that.

Last edited:
Seems odd to drop two VGT cars in one hit. I enjoyed both cars a lot, low grip and tyres crying for mercy. Neither are drop dead gorgeous to look at. The Aston is nice but has front angle that isn't up to the rest of the car. The paint schemes are nice, but the lack of a Proper British Racing Green means I will have to paint the car myself.

The Nissan - Not as pretty as the Toyota FT1 but it has character and bongo dials and steam catapult acceleration - Stick a pair of wings on the Nissan and park a few on the flight deck of the HMS Queen Elizabeth.

The Aston is fantastic and so is the Nissan. These two are fighting for being my favourite VGT car yet. 👍

Back