The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
The Aston is just pure beauty. The colour combinations are not just body/stripe - notice also rims/window tint/rear diffuser changing combinations with the different colours. I think I spent 30 minutes trying to pick which I like best...then bought four of them just because I can't decide :lol:
No worries! I did the samething! Despite the ballsy headlight design using naca ducts, the details are astounding. I find it so very Aston Martin of them to have the option of bare carbon parts... or this black granite. It's very cool.

Cheers though. Anyone getting paint chips from it? I didn't get the Ocellus Teal, I was hoping to repaint it Alloro Green by buying another one. :scared:

EDIT: You can get the Alloro Green paint chip but not Ocellus Teal, odd. Anyone else confirm you can get any other of the paint chips?

Last edited:
Anyone else disappointed with the performance of the Aston Martin DP-100? For an 8 speed gearbox it is way too long and the power drop off is massive around 2000rpm before redline. Look at the graph in the tuning menu for what Im getting at. Otherwise appart from these niggles its a beautiful car.

Anyone else disappointed with the performance of the Aston Martin DP-100? For an 8 speed gearbox it is way too long and the power drop off is massive around 2000rpm before redline. Look at the graph in the tuning menu for what Im getting at. Otherwise appart from these niggles its a beautiful car.

You can buy and tune a FC Transmission on the Aston though.

Yeah. I cant get my head around customizing a transmission for such a drop off in power. If anyone could help I would be ever so greatful :D

The Nissan supposedly produces somewhere in the neighbourhood of 590HP, same as a GT-R GT3. PD doesn't take Hybrid power into account within the specs sheet of a machine so I predict it might make somewhere along the lines of 650 to 700HP fully juiced, possibly more than 700HP when R1 is pressed.

Regardless it's ludicrously fast.

The Nissan supposedly produces somewhere in the neighbourhood of 590HP, same as a GT-R GT3. PD doesn't take Hybrid power into account within the specs sheet of a machine so I predict it might make somewhere along the lines of 650 to 700HP fully juiced, possibly more than 700HP.

Regardless it's ludicrously fast.

Probably my favourite VGT thus far, a turbocharged engine with a potent KERS system on the side and insane aerodynamics through and all over the bodywork. It really does take GT-R philosophy to the nth degree.

8th gear is certainly pointless with the stock gearbox, and you do have to shift early, but I was still able to consistently hit 231mph around SSR7 which isn't too disappointing.

Did anyone else notice that pressing on the breaks while also in the throttle shuts off the power to the wheels? I thought it was an hybrid thing but the TS030 doesn't do this.

On the 2020 if you go in reverse then shift into 1st, it accelerates backwards and recharges the battery. By the end of the back straight on X, I hit 120 mph.

2 quotes I found hilarious

"We're able to link some of the exterior finishes, and interior finishes, and be totally free on where we can apply them"

"It's gonna have the great feel, perfect balance, and that sound, that rush of sound each time you change a gear... You'll feel all that in the DP-100"

Bravo PD. Bravo. Make your multimillion dollar participant sound like idiots cause you didn't add an interior, that was fully modeled btw, and make it another generic, horrible sound.

Glad someone went back and pointed this out.

No worries! I did the samething! Despite the ballsy headlight design using naca ducts, the details are astounding. I find it so very Aston Martin of them to have the option of bare carbon parts... or this black granite. It's very cool.

Cheers though. Anyone getting paint chips from it? I didn't get the Ocellus Teal, I was hoping to repaint it Alloro Green by buying another one. :scared:

EDIT: You can get the Alloro Green paint chip but not Ocellus Teal, odd. Anyone else confirm you can get any other of the paint chips?

That's odd. The 4 I bought were Ice Grey, Alloro Green, Platinum White and Ruby Red (or was it Crimson, can't remember lol) and they all give paint chips. Probably it's an Aston special paint so they don't want you painting other cars with it. The GT-R VGT also doesn't give paint chips for Mat Grey and Carbon.

That's odd. The 4 I bought were Ice Grey, Alloro Green, Platinum White and Ruby Red (or was it Crimson, can't remember lol) and they all give paint chips. Probably it's an Aston special paint so they don't want you painting other cars with it. The GT-R VGT also doesn't give paint chips for Mat Grey and Carbon.
I wanted to paint the One-77 in Ocellus Teal. Wonderful color. But probable!

I could see the bare carbon on the 2020 VGT not giving a paint chip. It's exactly like the Pagani Huayra in that matter. I can't stand the Carbon weave on the 2020 though. The permanent carbon parts are a much thicker and more noticeable weave than the "paint" portion of the carbon weave. Highly aggravating.

Two DP-100s left to purchase for their paint chips and only Ocellus Teal has failed to provide one. It appears to possess a matte finish, though, which may offer an explanation (however unsatisfying it may be) as to why. The finish is also why I can't offer a next-best suggestion for those wanting to match it.
I didn't see any mention of it, so I'll point out the fact that there is no stripe retention upon repainting these cars--nor do the striped versions offer a paint chip for the primary color--but the wheel color holds true (including those with the secondary color lug equipped on striped cars) and allows for some potentially interesting combinations.
It's also worth noting that GT Chrome 001-W is a dead ringer for the wheel color on the Alloro Green models (shiny copper/bronze) and I've applied the combination to my V12 Vantage equipped with standard diameter Rays Trinity 5s.

Electric Blue owner here, I did not receive a paint chip. :(

Also, attempting to do an arcade rally race with the Aston results in ALL AI opponents using Viper SRT-10.

Here I have added my super laps of the Nissan 2020 Vision Concept and the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT, gold for the Aston Martin but only silver so far for the Nissan (must try harder!) :embarrassed:

As an added bonus I have also added quick videos showing all the colours available for both concept cars

Personally I love the lava red Nissan and the striped shiny silver Aston Martin. I may have to buy ALL the colours :lol:
Hope you like the vids

PS Hope we get Sierra track in August, no idea if we will but would be great if we did especially around my birthday on 6 August :drool:

Do the wheels of the Aston VGT change shape at speed and while under braking?

I read about it from here:
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/S...ed-about-the-Aston-Martin-DP-100-concept-car/

Yes, they do! I just noticed that. It's very obvious when you take it to Goodwood and apply the brakes during the countdown sequence. They "open" when you brake.

Normal:
GoodwoodHillclimb2014.jpg

Braking:
GoodwoodHillclimb2014_1.jpg

I tested the Nissan Concept 2020 Vision GT on Special Stage Route X, and if you do a whole lap run, the battery power of the electric motors will die in just less than four minutes. Top speed of the Nissan Concept 2020 Vision GT is 354KM/H (221MPH) and the top speed of the Aston Martin DP-100 Vision GT is 397KM/H (246MPH, you have to use manual transmission).

From NeoGAF, check this out here: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122604040#post122604040

They're saying that the Alfa Romeo Vision GT and the Subaru Vision GT are rumored to come out within August.

Last edited:
Back