The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
They can probably release it during the show itself.

Much like the Chaparral, then. Makes sense. Hopefully these leaked sketches are legit, because if they are, that makes the Alpine the 3rd VGT car to have an actual interior...

Edit: For the sake of comparison, here are both images from the old Twitter teaser pictures (courtesy of @Dionisiy, who first found them on Alpine's Twitter page, which also took down the pictures a while later) and the more recent TF1 scoop:

Alpine VGT original Twitter.jpg
renault-alpine-vision-gran-turismo-2015-scoop-07-11333096fjjhw.jpg

Upon closer investigation, it seems that the whole "two bodies" concept was scrapped in favor of a more conventional one, the speedster that TF1 shows. It's really odd how many times this car has been teased by accident, though. First, there was that "pivoting car" that even made it into the GTP news page, probably scrapped due to GT6 pyshics engine not really knowing how to cope with that sort of driving system. Then came the Twitter pictures, the so-called "final design" ones, which may not even represent the actual final design. And now there's these scoop pictures, which show yet another take on the car. Which one is the real one? Guess the secret lies within Alpine...

Last edited:
This is kind of off topic but here is a teaser image Mercedes put out for their new autonomous concept car. Looks very similar to AMG Vision GT grill of led lights. Anyway, I thought it was interesting that it shares a design cue from their Vision GT concept.

1869303064279504923.jpg
Its Mercedes-Benz F 015.

mercedes-benz-ces-2015-sg-9-820x420.jpg

mercedes-benz-f015-luxury-in-motion-concept-2015-consumer-electronics-show_100495714_l.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-F-015-Luxury-in-Motion-8-600x449.jpg

And its now here at CES 2015!

Wow, even the rear grille has VGT vibes. Guess Mercedes did take a few cues from their car.

Also, news article has already been released on GTP's main page regarding TF1's Alpine scoop.
I know. Thats why I linked it. There is no dedicated thread yet so I made the thread to gain more attention.

I know. Thats why I linked it. There is no dedicated thread yet so I made the thread to gain more attention.

Fair enough. I already commented on it too. And Jordan himself already made an article for the news page. He also mentions the car's past teasers on Twitter.

I just updated to 1.15. That VGT Mazda is lovely. I'm looking forward to the Ford and especially the Mini. I wonder what the Mini will be. The size of the MkI Austin Cooper with electric motors at all four wheels? Or will it be big like the current Countryman? I'll admit, the VGT concepts are getting better.

I'm asking myself, if this the Mazda VGT is a future LM car... Why doesn't it have a diffusor? A diffusor alone provides god 35-40% of the rear downforce, and this car is so low, the bernoulli/venturi effect would be great with a diffusor...

Only posting this because of @The Stig Farmer....

VGT so far:

1. Melted Sexy SLS.
2. Melted Sexy SLS Because Racecar edition.
3. Glorious widebody Bimmer.
4. Mitsubishi nobody cared about.
5. The most interesting 2010s Volkswagen, now with SLR doors and an interior.
6. Obligatory GT-R Concept (GT-R and Concept in the same sentence give Kaz special feelings).
7. Aston Martin Hypercar that we only remember because it doubles as a Rally hoonmobile.
8. The Third FT-1, now in Pseudo GT spec.
9. Fish Wagon.
10. Derpy Faced Infiniti beast machine from China (The only place where Infiniti matters that's not the U.S.).
11. Machine literally powered by Lasers that was designed with the involvement of THE Jim Hall, nobody can drive it.
12. Brap Brap Brap Brap Brap Brap Brap Brap Brap Brap.
13. A NEW ALPINE HOW COOL IS THAT
14. Taste the spindle rainbow.
15. Derpman John Cooper Works Super Hatch (Potential RallyX edition)

Last edited:
Mini VGT seems pretty good. I only tried it on Mid-field, I'm sure it'll do better on tighter tracks, but 1050kg and only 395hp, it's lighter then most VGT's but doesn't have much in the way of power. Mid-corner understeer is noticeable when getting back on the power.

Weird colour choices offered, was hoping for more options.

Looking forward to adding it, and probably Mid-field, to my full VGT testing regime.

The Mini definitely gives you some confidence when you're nailing it through a corner, I'll tell ya that. I only did a few laps with it in the seasonal for it though, but I like driving it a lot. It looks enormous compared to the other VGT's, but it still feels light and nimble. It's pretty dang fast too :)

10/10 would club again.

Back