The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
The Chaparral is one of the strangest cars I've ever driven in this game. It's the sound and look of the laser propulsion system that weirds me out. But it is very entertaining to drive. I got mine in white, by the way. The black looked good, but white just seems the right color for a Chaparral.

The Infiniti is a good car, but it pales in comparison to the Chaparral. I think it would have benefited from being released separately. I got it on Flowing Coral, the most interesting color they had available.
My thoughts exactly, and I picked the same color for the Infiniti! I think the Chaparral is the car that best embodies the spirit of the Vision GT series. No limits, make something extraordinary that challenges conventional wisdom. Its a little bit too out there but it's fun, very interesting, and good looking in its own way.

smiley-love008.gif

Can't seem to find this on the game or website either...premature hype train on the tracks?

No premature hype train, that's Mr. Snap's trademark code finding. He digs around GT6's code and finds names and\or credits for VGT cars. Most of time, he was right with his findings (except for the Alfa Romeo, but its disapearance wasn't his fault), so I'd trust information coming from him.

I'd say it'll be a bit of that plus a bit of this:
800px-Mazda_Furai_Detroit_2008.JPG

The Le Mans connections are just far too high for Mazda's project not to bring at least part of the Furai's concept as part of their car. Personally, I think it'll be a LMP car (1 or 2, that I do not know) designed to fit Mazda's new design language. The powerplant could very well be a Rotary hybrid because:

a) Every other Japanese manufacter did that with their VGT cars (the hybrid bit);
b) Because despite not being a Japanese engine, Mazda has made the Wankel its trademark.

Which segues into my next dream: the sound. PD's new sound system + rotary at full chat = :drool:?

I'd say it'll be a bit of that plus a bit of this:
800px-Mazda_Furai_Detroit_2008.JPG

The Le Mans connections are just far too high for Mazda's project not to bring at least part of the Furai's concept as part of their car. Personally, I think it'll be a LMP car (1 or 2, that I do not know) designed to fit Mazda's new design language. The powerplant could very well be a Rotary hybrid because:

a) Every other Japanese manufacter did that with their VGT cars (the hybrid bit);
b) Because despite not being a Japanese engine, Mazda has made the Wankel its trademark.

Which segues into my next dream: the sound. PD's new sound system + rotary at full chat = :drool:?
Yeah, that. Although i also note that the VGT engine might be the electric with Rotary as a recharge (ala Prius), not the Rotary+Electric (ala LaFerrari, Mclaren P1, NSX COncept, etc.)

Yeah, that. Although i also note that the VGT engine might be the electric with Rotary as a recharge (ala Prius), not the Rotary+Electric (ala LaFerrari, Mclaren P1, NSX COncept, etc.)

Rotary as a backup engine? Hmm, dunno how that would work, but it's like the VGT project is known for using conventional powerplants...

Rotary as a backup engine? Hmm, dunno how that would work, but it's like the VGT project is known for using conventional powerplants...
I dont know the exact link. But i heard that the Mazda wants to revive Rotary, but only as a backup for electric car for "efficiency reasons".

Lets hope its not happening in case of VGT, though.

I dont know the exact link. But i heard that the Mazda wants to revive Rotary, but only as a backup for electric car for "efficiency reasons".

Lets hope its not happening in case of VGT, though.

It'd be daft if anything for Mazda to do such a thing. The idea of the Wankel being the main engine makes more sense from a marketing perspective, I mean does Mazda really want to admit they've given up on the idea of the Rotary engine being the main engine of their cars?

It'd be daft if anything for Mazda to do such a thing. The idea of the Wankel being the main engine makes more sense from a marketing perspective, I mean does Mazda really want to admit they've given up on the idea of the Rotary engine being the main engine of their cars?
Ah, there we go:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/wankel-making-comeback-next-mazda2-way-think/

There is also a talk about the RX-Series revival using that rotary engine. However, the plan was suddenly scrapped for some reason and claimed that the rotary as a main engine wont stand on the business.

@Monatsende it might be worth noting in the respective info posts that both Chaparral paintchips are provided with purchase of their respective version and that none (yeah, none) of the Infiniti's colors are provided.

Yeah maybe. Putting business side on a VGT is a bit silly TBH.

Fair enough, it's more a design exercise than anything else. And in Mazda's case, I am really eager to see what will they do with the Kodo (this is Mazda's current design language, right?) design. After all, the Furai was a beautiful design exercise...

That 2X on the DS3... Understeer city. I mean it looks mean in black but that understeer.....
It feels like it understeers a lot on my G27, too. I think it's basically because it generates speed much more quickly than it can corner, generate downforce, or brake. So it feels like it understeers a lot, even if that's not really a fair criticism to level at it, given the speeds you're asking it to turn at. I could be wrong, though.

And, really, I guess if a car fails to respond to steering inputs, it's understeering, regardless of what speed that's happening at. I suppose my point is that it may understeer, but perhaps not excessively.

Speaking of weird handling, has anyone noticed the Subaru yaws very unnervingly on Racing Hard tires? I find it much easier to drive on the sports tires it came with.

Last edited:
I decided to make a tier list of the VGTs so far, based on the car's PP. :)

Tier S:
Chaparral (793 PP)

Tier A:
Mazda (710 PP)
Mercedes-Benz, when completely tuned (686 PP max)
Aston Martin (649 PP)
Toyota (637 PP)
Lexus (627 PP)

Tier B:
Mercedes-Benz Racing (624 PP)
BMW (619 PP)
Nissan (615 PP)

Tier C:
Mitsubishi (609 PP)
Volkswagen (608 PP)
Subaru (605 PP)
Alpine Race Mode (599 PP)
Alpine (587 PP)
Mercedes-Benz, stock (584 PP)

Tier D:
Infiniti (563 PP)

Tier E:
Mini (532 PP)

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
No traces of Alpine yet? :confused:

I had a longer look and the Alpine VGT is there with the other released Vision GT cars:

infiniti_vision_gt_14.infiniti
chaparral_vision_gt_14.chaparral
subaru_vision_gt_14.subaru
toyota_vision_gt_14.toyota
astonmartin_vision_gt_14.astonmartin
nissan_vision_gt_14.nissan
vw3_vision_gt_14.volkswagen
mitsubishi_vision_gt_14.mitsubishi
bmw_vision_gt_14.bmw
mercedes_amg_vision_gt_13.mercedes
mercedes_amg_vision_gt_race_13.mercedes
alpine_vgt.alpine

It was probably added with 1.14, so the next update will most likely contain the Alpine and Mazda VGT cars as both have traces in update 1.15.

@Monatsende it might be worth noting in the respective info posts that both Chaparral paintchips are provided with purchase of their respective version and that none (yeah, none) of the Infiniti's colors are provided.

Well, it doesn`t hurt. Done. 👍

Yes @Monatsende, my favorite color for this car...
infiniticonceptigukj.jpg

I scrolled through the palette and thought like: "What colour, what colour? Not again red, yellow, white or black...."
And then it was so easy to choose... :sly:

Latest Posts

Back