The Words of the Winds are Now all Clear

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,560 comments
I like the idea of a track editor. Yes, it sounds like there are a lot of tracks built in. However, with a worldwide community creating tracks available to download (like Little Big Planet) it only needs a small percentage of them to be of a fantastic quality to provide some great extra challenges.

Also, the suggestion that it will be a worldwide release is good. I don't like the idea of GT5 being out in Japan and having to wait for it to appear here in Europe several months later.

hi guys im new to the forums so gday!
just reading over amars post and thinking could this date be implying e3 itself... as it has moved to roughly a month earlier than last year?

👍:tup:You are the man Amar!!!

I'm sure Amar does'nt have detailed info about all the features( damage, weather), but E3 shoud provide that. E3 onwards should be interesting - i suspect thats when the net will be full of video/ screenshot info up until a late November launch. I can't see them not taking advantage of Christmas.

+600 birds and about 90 skypaths is great news - it's certainly enough to keep us excited like GT4.

PS. " there are many winds blowing in the air right now" would suggest that these are the 'rumours going around' and i don't think Amar's saying that these 'predictions' are fact, so don't hold it against him if some things don't materialise.
However, i believe it will.👍

I think there will be no track editor... I think that wind says:
We will have all versions of each track is included in GT5. So, all the configurations that actually exist or have existed of every single track (like in GT4, Fuji '80, Fuji '90, you know what I mean?)

i prefer 100 times this than a track editor... i think there will be enough track to play time online, there would be to much confusion...
but the wind tell about a track editor for sure....
and an older interview to KY told that he likes very much little big planet... so everybody i think understand.... he'll put a LBP feature for sure...

I’m also a big “track editor” doubter. Considering each wind is telling it’s own tale, a same word could refer to something different from one to another. For sure something will be editable, but it could be cars, championships,...

For me the best news is the number of tracks, and the online customization. Just 11 months left to wait? (or 6 and a half months). Hope we get lots of info at E3 also.

The problem I have with track editors is that they usually don't allow you to be very creative, and therefore the created tracks tend to feel too bland and generic. So yeah, instead of a track editor I'd prefer that there would be just many different variations available for each track in GT5.

Last edited:
Sorry to rain on the parade guys and girls but after reading that we are still none the wiser really and don't have any concrete information.

None of it comes as a great surprise as many of the suggestions raised have been spoken about before on this website (track editors for instance) and things like voice chat and private rooms whopopi-doo - should of had this already.

What was truly new and exciting? - The fact we may have to pay a premium to get all content perhaps - thats good - not!

Roll on E3 and proper info from PD.

Thanks for trying AMAR - it must be killing you inside, but lets face facts mate, if you really wanted us to know somthing an anonymous letter could magically arrive through GTPLANETS letterbox from an unkown source - as surely youre not the only person to know this secret inside information after having a presentation and how could they (PD) point the finger at you and prove it was you?

It could be leaked by, I guess, many people.

And surely by doing these very public cryptic clues that is against the rules of your NDA?

I can't imagine an NDA saying "You must under no circumstances share this information with any 3rd party, failure to do so will result in legal action. You can however drop big hints via way of cryptic clues"

If you can't give out anything concrete why bother?

To sum up this post: Lots of wind, but turned out to be just a load of HOT AIR!

For those who doubt there will be some sort of track editor:

"new skypaths will be built by birdtamers from the parts of existing skypaths."

"new tracks will be built by drivers from the parts of existing tracks."

That screams some sort of track editor to me.

edit:
Also notice he says this will happen for the "first time ever"

Hardly sounds like simple track variations from previous GT games

Sorry to rain on the parade guys and girls but after reading that we are still none the wiser really and don't have any concrete information.

None of it comes as a great surprise as many of the suggestions raised have been spoken about before on this website (track editors for instance) and things like voice chat and private rooms whopopi-doo - should of had this already.

What was truly new and exciting? - The fact we may have to pay a premium to get all content perhaps - thats good - not!

Thanks for trying AMAR - it must be killing you inside, but lets face facts mate, if you really wanted us to know somthing an anonymous letter could magically arrive through GTPLANETS letterbox from an unkown source - as surely youre not the only person to know this secret inside information after having a presentation and how could they (PD) point the finger at you and prove it was you?

And surely by doing these very public cryptic clues that is against the rules of your NDA?

I can't imagine an NDA saying "You must under no circumstances share this information with any 3rd party, failure to do so will result in legal action. You can however drop big hints via way of cryptic clues"

I knew I could count on you to piss on the bonfire. :rolleyes:

I don't think you can really call this hot air at all. people were desperate for info, and here is some info. Is it concrete? its solid enough.

We have a decent figure on track numbers (we didn't previously) we have a decent number on cars (we didn't previously), many people were saying there was only going to be 200 or so cars just like GT3, many people thought 400 or so cars, now we can say actually expect 600 cars or more. It's good enough info.

The one that has caused the most confusion is the release date, its not entirely clear and therefore we can't call it, but we can say its likely of two dates.

I can see your sceptical and don't want to get to excited. Amar has a history of reliable concrete information on GT5, while technically he hasn't told us anything whatsoever about GT5, we now know a lot more about it. ;)

I don't think you can really call this hot air at all. people were desperate for info, and here is some info. Is it concrete? its solid enough.

We have a decent figure on track numbers (we didn't previously) we have a decent number on cars (we didn't previously), many people were saying there was only going to be 200 or so cars just like GT3, many people thought 400 or so cars, now we can say actually expect 600 cars or more. It's good enough info.

The one that has caused the most confusion is the release date, its not entirely clear and therefore we can't call it, but we can say its likely of two dates.

I can see your sceptical and don't want to get to excited. Amar has a history of reliable concrete information on GT5, while technically he hasn't told us anything whatsoever about GT5, we now know a lot more about it. ;)

Bang on Steve. 👍

Anonymous letter? Would you rather believe that? I prefer the cryptic clues from Amar who has a solid reputation here, not 'facts' from the anonymous (which could be any old bull).

This talk of a track editor has me intrigued. How exactly would you share a track to race online? Are we to believe that once GT5 comes along, I will be able to race anyone I want on any track, in any car, on any given day? That is indeed a HUGE improvement from what he have now. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, just seems "too good to be true" to me.

By the way, this has to be one of the fastest growing threads I've seen in a long time - great conversation and fun times for sure.

@Earth. Don’t get me wrong, a track editor would be an awesome feature and could be a great alternative for adding missing real world tracks due to licenses issues (depending how deep the editing is possible). I just find it weird considering how much YK can be picky about his game, to have it “open” in such a way.:confused:

An anonymous letter would be against the NDA and the laws of whichever country the NDA is under, presumably Japan's. Also probably traceable if the company wanted that badly to trace them.

craste

No, you're right. NDA's will state something like, "Any confidential information you are given or learn through x business will not under any circumstances be given to the public."

However, by making it cryptic, he is letting you come to your conclusions, and would probably be making it difficult to be proven legally. Developer's know leaks happen, but this isn't a leak. It's just some mad bloke who's had too much heroin (apparently). In some ways, developers don't mind some leaks, as it does keep the customer base moving. Speculation is great for PR. I'd say the most cryptic bit was the release date, as we've already had 3 different guesses. That's the bit which developers tend to get the most touchy about, normally because of pressure from publishers.

This talk of a track editor has me intrigued. How exactly would you share a track to race online? Are we to believe that once GT5 comes along, I will be able to race anyone I want on any track, in any car, on any given day? That is indeed a HUGE improvement from what he have now. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, just seems "too good to be true" to me.

By the way, this has to be one of the fastest growing threads I've seen in a long time - great conversation and fun times for sure.

Am I right in thinking GT5 will feature city circuits such as London?

my guess is you will plot a route the same way you do in PGR3 and 4

This is amazing, Iam so excited now, my excitement is reaching 2004 standards before Gt4 came out :P, amar I really do hope you are not lying to us but I trust you arent so I will take this news seriously and cross my fingers we get this beast of a game in december, which tbh would be much sooner then I thought, December is only 7 months away, wich is cose to nothing.

Well, I definitely wasn't expecting this when I woke up this morning!! Thanks again Amar!!!!!

My views were pretty much matched up with NLxAROSA before I read his post. The only thing getting me is still the release date. I really hope it means 30 nights before the end of the year, and not 30 nights before 12 months from now (so 11 months haha). Either way, it is less than a year away no matter how you look at it!

Thanks again, Amar.

:rolleyes:

You know nothing more than you did before you read the post and I think that if we didn't have more than 400 to 500+ cars then where's the next gen console progress everybody harps on about?

Now if he said that the birds often go down in flames, crash and burn, and often crap on you when flying past and the winds he spoke about blow hot and cold then we may of had somthing to be excited about - until that point its same old, same old.

If you had to call a friend now and tell them the exciting news about the post what would it be? there may be 600 cars - well thats to be expected - could be released christmass or march 2010 - no good, could have private rooms and a track editor - oh really?

if Amar can't spill the beans then its down to Mr E3.

love you all.
x

I for one am glad that amar bothered, he knows what he can and can't get away with (you do not).

To date nothing that amar has either stated as fact (and he has broken a good number of stories regarding GT here at GT Planet) or speculated about has proved to be wrong.

As such I would rather read a 100 of his 'cryptic and speculative' posts than one of your 'why bother' posts.

Scaff

Even when it comes around to E3 and some official announcement is made, it doesn't mean that PD will spill all the beans on GT5. I'm sure they'll keep some tasty morsels back until just before it's released.

:rolleyes:

You know nothing more than you did before you read the post and I think that if we didn't have more than 400 to 500+ cars then where's the next gen console progress everybody harps on about?

Now if he said that the birds often go down in flames, crash and burn, and often crap on you when flying past and the winds he spoke about blow hot and cold then we may of had somthing to be excited about - until that point its same old, same old.

If you had to call a friend now and tell them the exciting news about the post what would it be? there may be 600 cars - well thats to be expected - could be released christmass or march 2010 - no good, could have private rooms and a track editor - oh really?

if Amar can't spill the beans then its down to Mr E3.

love you all.
x

Then you don't quite understand the concept of what Amar was trying to tell us. He's not going to say, "Right, lads. GT5 will have x, x, x, x. Oh and now I don't have a job, or a career. Bye!"

As far as I'm concerned the only thing from what Amar posted which is debatable as not being fact is the release date.

Stop being a grouch.

Back