The Words of the Winds are Now all Clear

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,560 comments
There is always somebody raining on the Parade, and he knows who he is! Maybe he is just looking for a little attention, who knows!!

Sorry to rain on the parade guys and girls but after reading that we are still none the wiser really and don't have any concrete information.

None of it comes as a great surprise as many of the suggestions raised have been spoken about before on this website (track editors for instance) and things like voice chat and private rooms whopopi-doo - should of had this already.

What was truly new and exciting? - The fact we may have to pay a premium to get all content perhaps - thats good - not!

Roll on E3 and proper info from PD.

Thanks for trying AMAR - it must be killing you inside, but lets face facts mate, if you really wanted us to know somthing an anonymous letter could magically arrive through GTPLANETS letterbox from an unkown source - as surely youre not the only person to know this secret inside information after having a presentation and how could they (PD) point the finger at you and prove it was you?

It could be leaked by, I guess, many people.

And surely by doing these very public cryptic clues that is against the rules of your NDA?

I can't imagine an NDA saying "You must under no circumstances share this information with any 3rd party, failure to do so will result in legal action. You can however drop big hints via way of cryptic clues"

If you can't give out anything concrete why bother?

To sum up this post: Lots of wind, but turned out to be just a load of HOT AIR!
I wasn't sure which one was more fitting, so I posted both.
andy_rooney.jpg
crying-baby-giant-eyes1.jpg

And I am POSITIVE
Yet, somehow your username became synonymous with negative posting.

You may be positively excited or bouncing up and down in joy at the idea of a new GT, but your posts have been very negative in the amount of patience you show (or don't).

Well, it's not confusing at all!

As I see it, GT5 will come out in 2 different ways. You'll be able to pay the full price for everything that PD has done until now and will get future content for free in the form of updates. The other way is to buy the game that will be the full GT5 but in it you won't see some extra stuff and will have to pay for the future updates.
From what's said, GT5 should be out in March 2010. It will launch at the same time everywhere in the world. It will have around 600-700 cars and around 90 tracks. Some of the cars will be taken from GT4, improving their looks, so they can measure the next-gen cars that were built out of nothing. Not only there will be around 90 tracks, but users will also be able to create tracks on their own, using parts of the tracks included in game.
The online feature of the game will be improved dramatically. It will include voice chats, even while racing. And of course, it will include long-awaited private lobbies.
It is also plausible that Gran Turismo for PSP is coming at the same time as GT5.

And yes, I didn't have to do this, because I've seen that there are around 150 replies and probably a lot of you wrote would could all of this mean, or what it means. But, I did for my pleasure. :dopey:

Thanks Amar! :)

I am not to sure about Craste's past posts on here but lay off guys he is entitled to his opinion like you all.

While we are all talking about being 'negative', why are you all being so negative toward his opinion just because like you all, he is not beating a drum - singing and dancing around an effigy of Amar in a trance like state....? Kind of like when mad people have visions of the Virgin Mary or when an image of Jesus himself appears on a half sliced Potato, news gets out and every Christian around the world goes Ape!

Now all of you are entitled to be happy and excited about Amars post as well as frustrated/annoyed whatever your view.

Personally, I am both happy and excited and also frustrated as like you all I want more info.

No doubt Amar would have shown his message to his NDA bosses before dropping it up here as well as it perhaps being edited not to give too much away because I am sure he does not want to loose his job.

Role on E3 :)

Last edited:
I am not to sure about Craste's past posts on here but lay off guys he is entitled to his opinion like you all.

While we are all talking about being 'negative', why are you all being so negative toward his opinion just because like you all, he is not beating a drum - singing and dancing around an effigy of Amar in a trance like state....? Kind of like when mad people have visions of the Virgin Mary or when an image of Jesus himself appears on a half sliced Potato, news gets out and every Christian around the world goes Ape!

Now all of you are entitled to be happy and excited about Amars post as well as frustrated/annoyed whatever you view.

Personally, I am both happy and excited and also frustrated as like you all I want more info.

No doubt Amar would have shown his message to his NDA bosses before dropping it up here as well as it perhaps being edited not to give too much away because I am sure he does not want to loose his job.

Role on E3 :)

Cheers Bud.👍

Anonymous letter? Would you rather believe that? I prefer the cryptic clues from Amar who has a solid reputation here, not 'facts' from the anonymous (which could be any old bull).

I for one am glad that amar bothered, he knows what he can and can't get away with (you do not).

To date nothing that amar has either stated as fact (and he has broken a good number of stories regarding GT here at GT Planet) or speculated about has proved to be wrong.

As such I would rather read a 100 of his 'cryptic and speculative' posts than one of your 'why bother' posts.

QFT...PERIOD

All I will add to the discussion is that I am thinking it will be November/December this year because of 1 little reason ~ actually a very small comment ;)

"Kazunori laughed at the notion of a 2010 release date for Gran Turismo 5, and said it will be released sooner than expected."

That combined with how we all know there WILL be a price cut for the PS3 this year (whether it is to be $50 soon & $50 later OR $100 later in the year is yet to be known) and how Sony will possibly capitalize on that with a GT5 Bundle...connect the dots and, well....you got a truly EPIC plan.

It's not his opinion that bothers us, it's his tone.

I looked at the dates of the possible releases that people are considering

December 1 2009 - falls on a Tuesday, which is the usual release date for games

March 17 2010 - falls on a Wednesday, no real significance really.

While we are all talking about being 'negative', why are you all being so negative toward his opinion
He has been negative about the lack of info and then when someone gives us hints at what is coming and when we will find out the details he acts ungrateful.

He has made it clear, to me at least, that until we have 100% official information he won't be happy and will continually whine about it. And you would think that after his repeated "Oh god another week almost gone and yet no more information" posts he would be a just a little bit happy with Amar's posts, but instead he just whines.

btw, it's a good point that raztad pointed out in N4G..

"dont believe the march 2010 date. It's too close to GoW III release. Will be insane from Sony to release their two most important IPs so close each other"

Might be so.. or might have not anything to do with each others.. :boggled: :confused:

Thanks Amar. I have a question. Hypothetically speaking if two birds flying at a great rate of speed happened to hit each other or say part of the skypath, would they just bounce off one another or would a bird likely break a feather or bend a beak?

I think Amar was writing haiku and you missunderstood his poetry. How would he posibly knew of GT? Good haiku, though. Congrats, Amare.

He has been negative about the lack of info and then when someone gives us hints at what is coming and when we will find out the details he acts ungrateful.

He has made it clear, to me at least, that until we have 100% official information he won't be happy and will continually whine about it. And you would think that after his repeated "Oh god another week almost gone and yet no more information" posts he would be a just a little bit happy with Amar's posts, but instead he just whines.

That post was in the Whining thread which is a place we can go to 'whine' - i'm not the only one posting in there you know.

I am unhappy - why should we have to rely on Amar who's apparantley risking his job to give us info when PD could do the right thing and keep us even a tiny bit informed.

Whats really negative and sad is people who jump on the band wagon and have a go at somebody who has a different opinion from you.

I'm still not happy (and many other on here will agree) with the lack of info from Pd - now is that wrong?

No, so drop it.

Well, I guess Craste just responds and views Amars contribution in a different light to most here that see it as a positive and honestly, I am not really the wiser after Amar's post as to me it is still just specualtion of what has already been specualted before, because if there were any definates within his message then he could perhaps be held accountable for breaking his NDA agreement, though as I said, if there are any definates to what he says, It would have to be of the approval of the people that Amar Answers too.

It's not his opinion that bothers us, it's his tone.

I can see that, though as you are all aware, writing on forums, tone can often be easily misconstrued that's why I try not to get worked up over what somebody has said, or if there tone appears to be negative.

Anyway, I do not believe anything.
We need something official.

But Amar's sayings actually tell something that will most likely be an aspect of GT. And he tells it...like a story of things to come.

Back