The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
Is it just me or does chat volume seem to be really low on the headset's, even when its full volume? For a while I thought that maybe it was just the as loud as it goes, but after getting a gaming headset the chat feels a bit low on that as well. Or is it just the fact that I play my games to loud?
I tried scrolling through settings, but couldnt find anything to adjust it.
I am using the headset that came with the X1 and it seems to be just about right. Even with my surround sound at a decent volume, I can still hear everyone. As you said, maybe there is a setting somewhere on the X1 that will allow you to turn it up louder.

Yes, I seen it today too, a tweet from EA finally reveals the duration. Seems some were expecting a whole week but it always said a limited time in the 5 day window. I thought around 5-10 hours.

Clever to get people downloading the full game. After doing all that and installing I think more may opt to buy it digitally.

That means less used retail copies on ebay etc and offering an older games pool gives them money that would otherwise be lost on used games

Does anyone know how to turn off the notifications so I dont see every time someone replies to my pics and videos on xboxlive. Really dont need a notification for every single "nice job" "lol" "wow awesome". I don't have or ever want Facebook and I don't want my xboxlive experience to be like Facebook.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to turn off the notifications so I dont see every time someone replies to my pics and videos on xboxlive. Really dont need a notification for every single "nice job" "lol" "wow awesome". I don't have or ever want Facebook and I don't want my xboxlive experience to be like Facebook.
I'm pretty sure there was something in settings under notifications or something like that.

I'm pretty sure there was something in settings under notifications or something like that.
If you find it let me know. Could not find it last night. I also got on late and was dealing with new notifications AND the stupid F5 audio bugs. So last night just was not a good X1 experience for me.

If you find it let me know. Could not find it last night. I also got on late and was dealing with the stupid F5 audio bugs. So last night just was not a good X1 experience for me.
I'm at work right now but I'll check it out when I get home.

I might have to take a break from the X1 for a day or two. It was very frustrating yesterday with the new notifications system and the F5 audio bugs. I guess this new feature is called "Activity Feed" which is like Twitter or Facebook. Both I have NO interest in at all.

I need to find a way to hide this stuff or I will start removing all followers or friends I don't play with.

Last edited:
I guess all of this is called the "Activity feed". That's what I need to eliminate. I thought it was notifications but I think I had it mixed up.

So I went to xbox.com and was able to make quite a few changes to my privacy settings from the PC. That should hopefully help eliminate the random "followers" and other random people from interacting with me too much.

I might have to go to the X1 as you posted above to dial it in even more. This Activity feed is a nightmare. Its clearly modeled after Facebook or Twitter and just because a chat fest for people. 👎
Anyone that spams that will be blocked for sure. Or eventually I might just ignore that area like I did with the PS3. PS3 has something very similar which I hated.

I want to be your friend @CAMAROBOY69 ..=(

Activity feed is a bit anoying...I look past it.....and realy dont notice it anymore. I have my notifications settings so only my "favorite" friends pop up when they come online....and since none of them post anything its cool....Except BF4 posts EVERYTHING....so good luck with that one

...Activity feed is a bit anoying...I look past it.....and realy dont notice it anymore. I have my notifications settings so only my "favorite" friends pop up when they come online....and since none of them post anything its cool....Except BF4 posts EVERYTHING....so good luck with that one
I think you are lucky - it would be the same for me though, as my friend's list is pretty sedate and not prone to all of that kind of thing - but not everybody has that advantage.

I really feel for you folks, as I'd find all oif that highly irritating too; and like you said, games such as BF as well as the upcoming Dirt 4 will be rife with challenge times/achievements being posted every time your friends do something.

Good luck @CAMAROBOY69

I don't want to try and reignite the console wars here, but I am looking for some advice. I am considering getting a next-gen console, but I don't know which is the better option. I could really go either way on this one - I don't play online, and I don't really owe allegiance to an exclusive franchise; AC UNITY, MGS PHANTOM PAIN and FAR CRY 4 are the titles that really interest me at the moment. I use my current console as a DVD player as well. And having owned both a PS2 and X360 in the past, I can honestly say that the X360 has the better controller because of the placement of the left stick.

So rather than starting a new thread, I thought I'd pose the question here.

I don't want to try and reignite the console wars here, but I am looking for some advice. I am considering getting a next-gen console, but I don't know which is the better option. I could really go either way on this one - I don't play online, and I don't really owe allegiance to an exclusive franchise; AC UNITY, MGS PHANTOM PAIN and FAR CRY 4 are the titles that really interest me at the moment. I use my current console as a DVD player as well. And having owned both a PS2 and X360 in the past, I can honestly say that the X360 has the better controller because of the placement of the left stick.

You might as well have walked into a bar full of Man United and Man City supporters and asked which is the best team!! As someone who owns both a PS4 and Xbone the honest answer is...there is no answer! Both are fantastic bits of kit that take console gaming to the next level. They each have their positive and negatives but that is largely personal. I totally agree about the controllers. Always found xbox controllers to be better for the reason you mentioned. The Xbone controller is very similar to the 360 controller, just a little more refined and hence better. PS4 controller is essentially the same as PS controllers have ever been and so has the same issue with the left thumbstick.

I really think the only way to make a decision is to try and spend as much time with both systems as you can and then form your own opinion. Asking the opinions of a bunch of people on here just isn't going to give you a reliable enough answer.

I imagine I would have gotten the same response in the PS4 thread.

At this point, the two consoles seem fairly interchangeable, at least for my needs.

@prisonermonkeys For you they are very interchangeable. Have a look at the games coming out in the next several years (as opposed to this year), and see which ones you want the most. If you're interested in a few games that are Xbox-oriented such as The Division or Evolve, then get those. Games like Destiny, Dead Island 2 and Far Cry 4 are more PlayStation-oriented. However as far as I know, the benefits that FC4 has is mainly the multiplayer demos.

Alternatively, have a look at the other features for them. So far Xbox is a lot better in terms of general entertainment.

I think you are lucky - it would be the same for me though, as my friend's list is pretty sedate and not prone to all of that kind of thing - but not everybody has that advantage.

I really feel for you folks, as I'd find all oif that highly irritating too; and like you said, games such as BF as well as the upcoming Dirt 4 will be rife with challenge times/achievements being posted every time your friends do something.

Good luck @CAMAROBOY69
As much as I hate the feed, its an easy way to get rid of the ignorant idiots on your FL instantly and to find see people for what they truly are. Noticed a random racist remark in there that resulted in someone instantly added to the block feature. :)

So I might skim through this feature once in a while just to find the idots on my friends list. Similar to what I did on the PS3.

I did check out the BD player last night on the X1. Seemed to work quite well. Had a stutter once in a while but other than that it was similar to the PS3 bd player. I was going to watch a 3d movie but didn't have a chance so just watched a regular bd.

I imagine I would have gotten the same response in the PS4 thread.

At this point, the two consoles seem fairly interchangeable, at least for my needs.

It seems you don't care much about exclusive games( you may want to reconsider since it's a big factor).

The DS4 is a much better controller in my opinion since you might not have liked the DS3, PS4 is the more powerful console, PS plus has some very solid deals, XBOX live is a fantastic service no doubt, I think the menus etc are better on the xbone but these things change alot, PS4 is selling alot more than the XBONE (more people play there etc).

In your position I doubt you'd regret any choice, I'd personally look at exclusives if I were you and decide which studios appeal to your gaming needs.

Hope that helps.

I agree with @sems4arsenal about the exclusives. You seem like your not overly considering one over the other, so I would say check out what exclusives you might like more, to help out with your decision

About the post itself though, both systems are having great deals with their premium memberships. Although from what I heard(havnt looked this up in some time, so if I'm wrong please forgive me) you have to keep the PS+ if you want to play the games that are offered for free with it, while on the XBL you keep the games regardless of your accounts membership.

However, with the Xbox One being so new, the games offered for free right now are not the cream of the crop. I'm not sure whats being offered on PS+ though, maybe someone can fill you in here.

The PS4 selling more should not be considered as a reason to buy something over the other. While it did sell more, that does not mean that there is a lack of players on the X1. I have no problem getting on and playing at any time of the day.

If your all about specs, then the PS4 would be the obvious choice. IMO, both consoles are so great that it wasn't a factor for me.

There are simple things on the Xbox that actually made me choose it over the other:

-The party system, even since the 360, was a feature that made all the difference in the world to me. Trying to navigate games like the original Grid on the PS3 was such a pain, so much so that my friends and I had to set up a three way call just so we can find out who's in what room.

-The controller as you mentioned. They layout was always easier for me, and allowed for long periods of gameplay without cramps. This new controller is a step up as well, but the bumpers seem a bit odd and farther up than I remember.

-I personally also had a better connection with my XBL service, rather then the PS service. However, that can be subjective and probably varies from person to person.

Another Note.. I've never cared for the Kinect, in fact I almost bought it without it but made a last minute decision to get it. I'm glad I did as the voice commands come in handy, especially when me and my gf are in bed and we're to lazy to even move to change a movie or play the next episode.

Last edited:

Ditto with most of your post, but the PS4 does have Party chat (correct me if I'm wrong) and I can't praise the DS4 enough (not just the improved buttons, but the touch pad, share button, lightbar and audio from the controller are very cool and not just gimmicky).

Ditto with most of your post, but the PS4 does have Party chat (correct me if I'm wrong) and I can't praise the DS4 enough (not just the improved buttons, but the touch pad, share button, lightbar and audio from the controller are very cool and not just gimmicky).
If that is so, that is good to hear because I plan on picking one up sometime in the future. That was probably one of my main problems with Playstation.

If you want to play multi-platform games graphically better then PS4 is way to go. It has got also a GPU with a lot of potential while the one in the One looks like it will struggle to do anything to really further gaming on from last generation as it does not have the extra potential. Watch the Uncharted 4 trailer in full quality to see that PS4 GPU power being used. Also PS4 has the better game recording feature and you don't need a subscription to use it if you are interested in capturing any of your offline moments.

I prefer the PS4 controller with its touch pad that can be useful for navigation, it also got other good things about it such as speaker and no proprietary headphone jack. Not sure about the lightbar though but if using games that use it with the Eye camera such as Playroom, it makes sense and also VR technology coming in the future to the platform. Hard to say about the sticks and triggers as I have not played much on both consoles yet but I see online that is PS4 controller is rated highly.

Xbox One has better connected standby mode than PS4. It has Kinect so if you are interested in that then may be worth going with Xbox One. You can also use it as a very expensive TV remote if you subscribe to Xbox Live Gold and once your country gets support. There is also the magic power of the cloud which I don't think will be useful when offline gaming. Xbox One takes less power while gaming and is also quiet. PS4 is much smaller than Xbox One and does not need a big external PSU but has louder fan noise.

Is there a trick to get twitch to stream easily on the Xbox one?
It keeps trying to make me stream at 400 kbs bad quality. Speed tests show me with 50 down and 5 up. There's no reason it should want me to use 400. Then when I go to 2000 it says lag and almost always lags. I also usually have to try and broadcast 5 times before it actually shows up or it locks up the Xbox.

Are there some settings that are hard to find or something? Maybe something I need to log in on a PC and do.

I'm not really sure what the problem is. I do fine with xsplit on PC with twitch and twitch on the ps4.

Is anyone using a wired or wireless headset that does NOT require plugging into the controller adapter - Via Bluetooth or usb? If so, which brand/model. Thanks.

I am considering getting a next-gen console, but I don't know which is the better option.

I don't expect to do much console gaming any time soon, but I will buy a current gen at some point. In the absence of a defining feature like PS3's bluray player was, it's all down to games. Games that really aren't there yet. Until an exclusive game comes along that draws me to a system, I'll stick with pc. If that moment doesn't come before a hardware alteration (read "slim"), that will become the all-important stage, and I will buy the superior version.

Plenty of people don't realise how the PS2 changed over time. Even before the slim version was released the i-link option was removed from the fat. Then there's the weigh-up of PS3s with PS2 compatibility vs the generally improved PS3 slim (HD audio bitstream, less heat related problems, lower power consumption, etc.), in deciding the best version.

My guess is that the first iterations of PS4 and X1 will likely prove to be the best, but who knows?...... I'm still waiting for a console maker to come up with a system that is stack-able, and offers increased performance with multiple units.

Personally, I find no reason not to wait for now.

As others have said, its really up to the exclusives. The Master Chief Collection for the X1 pretty much sold me on the console and that's when I decided to go with the X1. It comes with Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, AND Halo 4 all in 1 game. Best deal I have ever seen in my entire life of gaming. Plus I like Forza, Gears Of War, and quite a few other exclusives to xbox. Both consoles now have 3d blu ray players and ALL my friends and family are on xboxlive. So the choice was fairly easy for me. Plus xbox live has always been more stable than the PSN which has been proven again by the recent attacks on both systems.

I am enjoying the Kinect which I thought I would hate. So awesome to just say xbox record that and its instantly saved and instantly online for others to view on xbox.com via smart phone, pc, or any other similar device. And that happens while you are in game with no interruptions. It records it and you just keep playing.

So it all depends on what YOU want to play for games at that point. Other than the exclusives, the X1 and PS4 are very close this time in terms of their features. Especially since they both now have blu ray AND 3d.

I am a multi console gamer so at some point I might pick up a PS4 but that wont be for a long time. Maybe when GT8 or GT9 has ALL 1,200+ premium cars. But that wont be for at least 5+ years.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="CAMAROBOY69, post: 10025391, member: 32527"xbox live has always been more stable than the PSN which has been proven again by the recent attacks on both systems..[/QUOTE]

This isn't true at all anymore. I've had both since launch and the PSN is surprisingly a better and more stable experience. Xbox live absolutely destroyed the psn last gen but its the opposite this time. Not to the extent of how much of a difference between ps3 and 360 online but its enough to where if you only play online with friends the ps4 is a better experience. The recent ddos attacks only took it down a few hours a few days. I never seen it down at all personally and during the outage and wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't read it was down online.

If you haven't played with psn much this new generation you will be really surprised at how good of a job they've done. Everything is support simple and works almost flawlessly all the time unless a game Dev screws something up with the game like 2k did with NBA this year or how madden a right now but the problems with both of those games are on both new consoles.

Once you finally get a ps4 you will be surprised at how stable, simple and reliable all the functions are. They've actually done a pretty good job. Better than what live has done this time around as far as playing games with friends goes.

When it comes to picking out a system it is close enough to say get what your friends have. If none have any and you want kinect get the one. If exclusives are your thing get the system that has them.

This generation is close enough to just pick on exclusives alone. Last gen I couldn't have recommended a ps3 to anyone.

I've got both though and what makes me play the ps4 over the One more is the online and user interface, plus I like the ps4 controller better. It's weird everything I liked better about the 360 compared to the ps3 i like better on the ps4 than the Xbox one.

How exactly do you think its better? My deciding factor for the One was exclusives, and past experience with Xbox. Like Camaroboy69, I also had a more stable experience with it. I also like the controller much better as my hands tend to get cramped with a PS controller.

I plan on picking up a PS4 in the near future, maybe sometime next year.

Back