The Zahara Club [Read OP]

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 83 comments
United States
United States
Alex_Mac_
- The Zahara Club -

gt6-sierra-time-rally-638x273.jpg

The Zahara Club us a thread dedicated to the new track, Circuito de la Sierra. However, as the guy who created and frequently posted in the Mapping Zahara thread I would like to say that I'm ashamed of what that room became, so I'd like to layout the purpose of this thread very clearly.

What this thread is for:
-Helping others learn the track
-Reviewing the track
-Mapping out the circuit from layout to elevation, etc.
-Finding cars and forms of racing that work well on the track
-Conversation pertaining to the Sierra Time Rally special event
-Conversation regarding any seasonal events that may occur at the track
-Discussing tips and driving techniques for the circuit
-Any pictures, video, other media pertaining to the circuit
-General conversation about the track

What this thread is NOT for:
-Arguing
-Starting fights
-Trolling
-Bad mouthing PD
-Calling out other GTPlanet users
-Disrespecting mods
-etc

Alright everybody, keep that in mind, be respectful to others, and let's have a good time. :cheers:

image.jpg

*To unlock Circuito de la Sierra you must complete a full lap of the track in the Sierra Time Rally special event with the Fiat 500. If you don't want that to be the first car you drive, you can use whatever car you like to run the first sector of the track in practice mode before unlocking.*

Last edited:
I just took my FGT out on the practice mode for sector 1. The track is pretty narrow, but much smoother than the ring. The number of blind curves doesn't make it easy to fly through a first attempt, but I was able to keep up a good pace without crashing.

Hyped. Just got done installing (took 5x the time the download did..) LET'S DO THIIIIIS.
EDIT: HOOOO MUUUH GAWD. Just loaded the pre-race screen, and having it pan across the whole track and seeing the red line trace the track is stunning. If they can do these huge tracks on PS3. I can't wait for PS4. Time to hit the track!
EDIT 2: A new song?
EDIT 3: A wonderful woman is speaking to me. Oh dear.

The elevation changes are amazing. Sadly these races force Skid Recovery Force on =[

Last edited:
The course is VERY forgiving. What I mean by that is, you can smash and crash into all sorts of things and you won't get that "Lap Invalid" message in Arcade Mode. At the same time, there are some very strange invisible walls on the edge of certain sections of the track. Overall, this really is a gorgeous course. I'm watching my replay of my red Lamborghini Countach Anniversary Edition flying around the track as I type this and it looks spectacular! The one complaint I do have is there are too many sections where your cars catch a lot of air. Of course, this absolutely can happen on a public road if you're driving too fast, but chances are you'll die if you catch the amount of air I did at 150MPH in my Countach. I wish PD could smooth those sections out in an update. However, since you get a bonus for jumping in the Special Event I know that will never happen.

Never needed the Nitrous button once... However, I wish PD would have fixed the unpredictable AI before this arcade styled sector thing... Really cool though

Never needed the Nitrous button once... However, I wish PD would have fixed the unpredictable AI before this arcade styled sector thing... Really cool though

Not sure about the nitrous - never used it before but the AI is a bit all over the place. :mad: :banghead: Apart from their weaving on the straights I got boxed in, rammed and pushed off the track. All in one corner! :)

The track itself seems fine and looks like it will cope with a pretty wide spread of PP events. All we need is an event creator to make best use of it. :sly:

All in all it was worth the wait.

All ya gotta know really is that the AI aren't about to come off the racing line. Think of them like a really ****** GTE-Am driver. Although I must say I died a little inside when I got a bonus for jumping... and I really wish I could turn off that ladies annoying voice as well as turn down the beeping effect. But yeah, approach the AI like that and you'll be fine.

Love the track though, the pre-80's 450pp cars work great there. Hopefully Targa Zahara rooms can become a thing online.

All ya gotta know really is that the AI aren't about to come off the racing line. Think of them like a really ****** GTE-Am driver. Although I must say I died a little inside when I got a bonus for jumping... and I really wish I could turn off that ladies annoying voice as well as turn down the beeping effect.

Love the track though, the pre-80's 450pp cars work great there. Hopefully Targa Zahara rooms can become a thing online.

It will more than likely become a 'hellaflush cruz' room thing...

My fastest lap so far is a 7:29 with an FGT, and that includes a crash. I'm thinking one of the GT6 Gods could get a Red Bull fan car around the track in close to five minutes if not quicker.

Only had one problem with the event AI: On relatively straight part of the track, I came up on a hatchback and didn't know exactly where the AI's line would be, so I gunned it and tried to pass on the left. The Fiat wasn't fast enough to get by before the AI came over and bumped me nearly off the road and ended my 43 combo.

Something weird though, in practice mode you can make the track time as early as 6:00, but online you can only make it 6:30 :confused:

I like it.
Not a fan of the time rally event really, but will be a great track online.
Although good to see the Kamikaze AI is MIA.. :D

Really loving the flow of the track. The guardrails end up not bothering me as much as I thought it would. And the raised kerbs are actually helpful for the tight corners (gutter riding Initial D style :D). In some parts where you can see the expanse of the lake in front of you it has a TDU Oahu vibe to it. A bit disappointed that we cannot drive it at night or in reverse, but it's not a deal breaker. Good job PD 👍

I also just noticed the green markers with numbers are supposed to signify corner numbers (there are 45 of them), but oddly some corners are not numbered :confused: There's a chicane between corners 4 and 5 for example that don't have a number. PD logic I guess...

Completed the time rally then the practice sections in the FT1VGT and then did a time trial with the Nismo.

What a fantastic effort they have done. Plenty of undulation and variation. Love the hillclimb feel of a couple of sections and speed of others.

The scenery is just spectacularly distracting, 'wow that looks amazing, WHOA THAT CORNER IS APPROACHING RAPIDLY'

Steering settings were light but responsive on the G25 but haven't played with the settings yet.

Does anyone find that during the rally when you get 10 overtakes when the voice over says "nice job" it sounds somewhat sarcastic or condescending.

Is the scenery different on the normal Sierra?

Sierra is Sierra,

The only difference between normal single race/time trial and rally is about the last 200m is not fully driven as you stop.

Sierra is Sierra,

The only difference between normal single race/time trial and rally is about the last 200m is not fully driven as you stop.

I think there actually is a difference, I think in other modes there aren't all the bridges and such that say Time Rally on them?

Turn on driving line, the AI will more or less drive like that line varies from car to car but with the Fiat Abarth I got a 33x combo before rear ending that Trans Am. I love this course, I think this course is possibly a prelude to the course creator, it looks beautiful and it flows smoothly even the slow sections. I just hope we can use it as a point to point course for online modes as well. Looks like the earlier updates tied into this one as all the cars on course had number plates on them as well. Now only if PD let you have a global setting that permanently sets course grip to real, I can't stand changing that every time I go into arcade mode.

Back