The Zahara Club [Read OP]

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 83 comments
The practise section is good in this zahara special event. There is stage in practice mode. And also leader boards for your own times! Finally some nice time attack. You can take anyone of your cars.

The form of racing I run the most in Gran Turismo is rally (I refer to it as my primary practice). The first thing I thought when I hit this corner was that I'd seen it before, and I have. Its pretty much identical to the 3rd to last corner at Toscana, the one at the end of the longest straight. So I treat this corner the same way I treat it in a rally car.

The goal is going to be to shoot across the jump. You'll need to alter your line a bit getting into the corner. Get all the way over to the left of the road at the start of the corner. You may then have to apply a little brake (trail brake) to point the car inwards when its time, and then you can get on the gas to power through the jump. This is the point where you'll be shooting across the jump. Take it so that your car is angled towards the right, towards the apex of the corner. By shooting across the jump like this your car will be pointed so that it lands at the point in the corner you'd want to be at had you not left the ground. Hopefully that sounded clear, I can try to word it better if it's not.

Cheers, that helped a bunch. Actually not spinning out now. :cheers:

Has anyone counted how many "mini pits" or Parking Areas there are? I think I've seen about 5 so far, but haven't really been looking for them.

Also, concerning the Time Rally event, has anyone counted how many jumps there are, and how many bonus multipliers you can get at each jump?

It would be great to have a detailed map with all the points of interest marked out.

Sierra is splitted in 5 big sectors.every pit is the starting Point of every single sector.

Gold'ed the Arbarth on the second go. The next two have me vexed - silver and bronze. When trying the Sciroco, I am finding it difficult to acquire the line around some of the AI opponents. The GTO, well, I had the Arbarth spin out on the first hairpin.

Did not know NOS was available until I read this thread.

just played Zahara for the first time. Is it too soon to tell her I love her? Or should I finish the other 2 challenges first?

I know it's a long shot, but I would really like to see more tracks like Zahara being used. Also, could the Ferrari be a nod to the OutRun series?

Recently I went to go export my Sierra photos, among many others (50 in total), and I selected delete instead of export. So I am currently very mad about it. Instead of going back and taking two other sets of photos for Sierra, 458 and 8C pictures, i'm going to try a group photoshoot. So anyone who is interested, at 10am EDT (Friday 19th), I will be ready. Please PM me if you want to participate. Only one other person will be involved. You have to own either a stock, Rosso Scuderia, 458 Italia or a stock, Racing Yellow, Alfa Romeo 8C Conpetizione. I may not add you as a friend after the shoot, it is nothing personal. I will check my inbox up until 8am EDT (Friday 19th). I will choose randomly, depending on the number of entries. CANCLED

Last edited:
Glad to know I was not the only one that thought this was very similar to OutRun as soon as I knew about this haha!

Seems like Zahara is turning into what would almost be a symbol of GT6, it's not just a track to race on, but a whole new culture has spawned from it!

Mock-up of the map with corner names:
-Subject to anyone's suggestions and edits.

Please discuss the proper numbering of corners; I have no idea what I'm doing.
fXl0VU8.jpg

Once several of us have made finished versions of the map, someone will setup a poll to vote on the official layout of GTP.

Edit: There is a known issue where corner 31 is labeled as corner 39. We are working to fix this and it will be addressed in a future update. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you for your patience and continued support.

Last edited:
Was thinking it might be fun to host a track day sometime with the SEAT Cupra Ibiza.
Just because it's a Spanish car, albeit a VW clone, and a fairly tame FF vehicle.
Not sure when, but if I ever do it I'll post the room # here.

I like the fact that they've split up the track into 4 stages for practice. Memorizing 10 corners at a time is a lot easier than 45 at the same time. Reminds me a lot of GT5's Nurburgring Challenges with the SLS. Also feels like a proper point to point touge :D

I wish we could have the 'Ring split up into stages as well. And in GT7 and beyond hopefully they also retain the Sierra practice mode, because currently in free run and arcade you can only drive the whole track at once.

I came too late on one start in the beginner trial, because I was inhaling on my E-cigarette, so instead of starting with a delay, I decided to run the starting people down with my car...They didn`t react on my brutal killing attempts, they ignored it completely... Instead I got a "You hit the wall" message :banghead: meeeh...I hoped they would get knocked down, breaking bones, and bleed and scream, but no reaction...meeeeeeh....

Here's what your missing out on if you're not run classics at Zahara. This is from the other night in the Targa Zahara room, shout out to my man @MannYhAvitZ for uploading it. We're gonna start holding the room weekly, Tuesday nights at 1:00 AM New York time, so technically Wednsday morning but I still call it Tuesday nights.

That race had an insane finish too. All of the races in this room have been super intense, fun, competitive races.

Here's what your missing out on if you're not run classics at Zahara...

Nicely put together vid of the race - shame our zones don't really mesh. Nevertheless, a good initiative.

How did the Alfa Biposte driver manage to get the middle lamp switched on - or is it a modded version?

Nicely put together vid of the race - shame our zones don't really mesh. Nevertheless, a good initiative.

How did the Alfa Biposte driver manage to get the middle lamp switched on - or is it a modded version?
That's the low beams for that car. When the beam is on low it's only the middle and on high it's the 2 on the outside.

I encourage other people to try to get these races going in their time blocks too. If anyone wants to try to send me a message and I'll let ya know how I go about hosting the rooms.

That race had an insane finish too. All of the races in this room have been super intense, fun, competitive races.
What's going on at 4:42?

And that Quintu guy at the end... there's no way that was all an accident.

What's going on at 4:42?

And that Quintu guy at the end... there's no way that was all an accident.
At the end I think it was just fading for the results page and stuff. That one in the middle is a little weird though. I couldn't tell ya though, I didn't edit it.

Also....

image.jpg
click for link
I've official made a club over in the online racing section for Targa Zahara racing, same spec I've been talking about, started a weekly club for it. It'll be open to the public still, but put a fuller grid would be great.

The races are still 1AM Wednesday morning, which I'm just calling Tuesday night. If you are interested in the racing but can't do it at that time then I am looking for people interested in getting it started and hosting at different times of the day, so send me a private message or comment in the Targa Zahara Club thread if you'd be interested in that.

Last edited:
That's the low beams for that car...
I'm fairly sure I tried all beams settings, including phaser to stun...but I shall try again, Appreciate it. I'll also get back to you on the other thread about different time zone races.

I am totally in love with this course but I do wish that PD would revise the course a bit and fix those invisible walls, they need to be moved behind the barricades and where there are no barricades but rock faces, the invisible walls should be behind the rock face about 5-10 scale feet. Right now I am zipping along this course using my tuned GT3 spec cars and it's a joy, but when I go off in certain places I am greeted with invisible barriers that just sucks all the fun out of my own mistake. This course has given me a lot to think about and it's by far the most fun new course added to the game aside from those jumps and a couple of quirky F1 type speed zone turns. I hope PD addresses this and gives us the express ability to create out of bounds areas in appropriate areas when we finally get course creator.
Keep up the good work guys, I hope to see more courses and please include a PtP feature that can be applied to any course that has check points.

Well, I think this would meet the conditions for the Zahara club...
The first car I took out on the track after unlocking it via the Abarth event was, as promised, ...

I forgot to pack my picnic basket though...

Well, I think this would meet the conditions for the Zahara club...
The first car I took out on the track after unlocking it via the Abarth event was, as promised, ...

I forgot to pack my picnic basket though...

It's funny seeing that thing with a racing number on it :lol:

That video shows the other thing about the track that's weird though. If you run it from the special event page you can make the time 6:00, but in arcade mode, online, and in test drive you can only make it 6:30. It's too bad too, cus I'd like to get some headlight time in my races. :indiff: I predict that getting fixed in a future update, but it's PD so it's a 50/50.

It's funny seeing that thing with a racing number on it :lol:

That video shows the other thing about the track that's weird though. If you run it from the special event page you can make the time 6:00, but in arcade mode, online, and in test drive you can only make it 6:30. It's too bad too, cus I'd like to get some headlight time in my races. :indiff: I predict that getting fixed in a future update, but it's PD so it's a 50/50.

I think it avoid certain things because of the strain on the system, sometimes rendering at night is quite intensive as all the geometry is still being rendered now you have to include light sourcing as well. PS3 is pretty much done, so I'll take what I can get until GT lands on PS4. Good but error filled run PD had on PS3, surprised they even got GT looking and actually being functional on that haphazard machine. Did I already say that I love this course? If not, I Love this course!!!

Back